Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Did you recycle this exact post from when Herman was hired too lol. 

Hire a new “hot” coach

Sell “hope” to recruits 

Have mediocre results on the field 

Fire the coach because recruiting slows down. 

Rinse and Repeat.

No, I didn't like the Strong or Herman hire. You better watch out Okie, new sheriff in town. You nervous?????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Texas has been “out recruiting” Oklahoma for 20 years. 

This. Texas has been a top 5 team on paper since 2000. Only about 3 years did they actually meet expectations... OU has no reason to be "nervous" about anything until proven otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Yep. Finally the Horns have a staff that can develop those recruits. Best staff on the 40 acres in 10 years. Get ready okie.

That's been said with literally every hire Texas has made... Just calm down a bit and let these guys actually coach a game before we anoint them the second coming.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That's been said with literally every hire Texas has made... Just calm down a bit and let these guys actually coach a game before we anoint them the second coming.

Really? I dont remember anyone thinking much of Strong. Boy wonder had a little more hype but an unproven staff. Night and day difference from this staff. Even an Aggie should be able to see that. Its coming....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Really? I dont remember anyone thinking much of Strong. Boy wonder had a little more hype but an unproven staff. Night and day difference from this staff. Even an Aggie should be able to see that. Its coming....

No...you're wrong. This board and many others LOVED the strong hire. It was boasted as he was the hard nosed disciplinarian that Mack's entitled roster needed and that his early success recruiting florida would add an extra boost. 

I'm not saying that Sark can't or won't be successful. But you're acting like a 8th grade football mom over this hire... sark is FAR from proven as a HC. Don't let his work with a loaded Bama roster that would have been successful regardless who was calling plays convince you that Sark is the best hire in football history. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

This. Texas may well have hit a home run with this hire. There is just as good a chance that it’s another dud hire that continues the cycle Texas is currently in post Mack. Let a few non conference games play out and then we can crown him 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

No...you're wrong. This board and many others LOVED the strong hire. It was boasted as he was the hard nosed disciplinarian that Mack's entitled roster needed and that his early success recruiting florida would add an extra boost. 

I'm not saying that Sark can't or won't be successful. But you're acting like a 8th grade football mom over this hire... sark is FAR from proven as a HC. Don't let his work with a loaded Bama roster that would have been successful regardless who was calling plays convince you that Sark is the best hire in football history. 

Texas fans on this board get no more excited about happenings in Austin than Aggie fans on this board do about happenings in College Station. I was initially happy with the hiring of Strong because I thought he would bring some needed discipline and work effort. I was scared to death though when his DC immediately stated how they could get whoever they wanted simply because they were at UT. Strong ended up being the deer in the headlights more times than I can count. Herman was the new "hot" coach that seemed like a frat boy to me.  We seemed to play to our competition when we should have been blowing some teams out. Herman was too quick to play safe with a lead on both sides of the ball. I don't know if it will carry over to game time action, but I like the "All Gas, No Brakes" attitude that is currently going on down in Austin. I don't like running up the score, but I'm all about putting my foot on my opponents neck when I've got him down - not literally.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Texas fans on this board get no more excited about happenings in Austin than Aggie fans on this board do about happenings in College Station. I was initially happy with the hiring of Strong because I thought he would bring some needed discipline and work effort. I was scared to death though when his DC immediately stated how they could get whoever they wanted simply because they were at UT. Strong ended up being the deer in the headlights more times than I can count. Herman was the new "hot" coach that seemed like a frat boy to me.  We seemed to play to our competition when we should have been blowing some teams out. Herman was too quick to play safe with a lead on both sides of the ball. I don't know if it will carry over to game time action, but I like the "All Gas, No Brakes" attitude that is currently going on down in Austin. I don't like running up the score, but I'm all about putting my foot on my opponents neck when I've got him down - not literally.

To me the most exciting part was getting a top 5 DC in college football in Kwiatkowski and Flood as the OL Coach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No it has not.

Are you really going to make dig up all the old arguments? Lol. 

Dont take that personal. Nearly all fan bases are excited about their hires. I'm just saying that the guy acting like Sark is the next Saban should just slow his roll a little is all. The dude has landed like 4 recruits and not even held a practice yet and all of the sudden OU should be nervous 😂

Texas had a future HOF coach for a decade and barely put a dent in OU's reign over the conference since the two started playing common opponents. I don't think OU needs to be nervous about anything until proven otherwise. Thats not me talking down on Texas its just me saying OU has proven itself to be immune to the hype train on new Texas coaches lately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Ou fans have the right to talk down to Texas fans.  Aggie fans don’t.  Not sure why Aggie fans feel they have the right to.  It’s rather funny being told how average you are by the fan base that has been the definition of what average is

A college football fan comparing two teams is not one fan base talking down to another. Your arrogance may make it seem that way but I'm simply just talking truths about two programs that aren't mine. Do you have to be a fan of either team just to talk about head to heads? 

• LOL! 1

30 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A college football fan comparing two teams is not one fan base talking down to another. Your arrogance may make it seem that way but I'm simply just talking truths about two programs that aren't mine. Do you have to be a fan of either team just to talk about head to heads? 

Where did I show any arrogance?  By saying I thought an Aggie calling another program average was funny?  

you don’t have to be a fan of either, but we all know you’re not trying to be an unbiased person throughout the conversation

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Where did I show any arrogance?  By saying I thought an Aggie calling another program average was funny?  

you don’t have to be a fan of either, but we all know you’re not trying to be an unbiased person throughout the conversation

One doesn't have to be unbiased when talking OU/Texas. Its very clear who the better program of the two is. Especially in modern history when they have been in the same conference. Making that statement has absolutely nothing to do with me or A&M. 

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

One doesn't have to be unbiased when talking OU/Texas. Its very clear who the better program of the two is. Especially in modern history when they have been in the same conference. Making that statement has absolutely nothing to do with me or A&M. 

But by the conversation wasn’t about ou/Texas.  It was about Texas being average and making bad hires.  I just stated it was funny that a fan of the definition of average football had the need to tell another program they were average.  All of this over coaching hires.  Ou did it the right way.  They found the young guy, groomed him in their program and the head guy rode off into the sunset and hands him the reigns.  Tell us Texas fans more about being average, we don’t really know how to handle it as well as you guys do.  Hopefully we can start winning more before we get used to it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

But by the conversation wasn’t about ou/Texas.  It was about Texas being average and making bad hires.  I just stated it was funny that a fan of the definition of average football had the need to tell another program they were average.  All of this over coaching hires.  Ou did it the right way.  They found the young guy, groomed him in their program and the head guy rode off into the sunset and hands him the reigns.  Tell us Texas fans more about being average, we don’t really know how to handle it as well as you guys do.  Hopefully we can start winning more before we get used to it.  

Ah how insecure the wee lad is. 

The conversation was absolutely about Texas and ou. My comments started by addressing the guy who stated ou should be nervous. Everything that followed was not me addressing Texas and their mediocracy the last decade, but me speaking specifically about how OU has withered the storm through all of the new hire momentum and kept on winning conference titles. 

And yes go ahead and joke about how you don't know how to be average and get the aggy to teach you blah blah blah. Why not just grow a pair and have a conversation about your program without mentioning A&M just once. My intent is not to turn this into a A&M texas peeing match like you always do. It was to address the hype train and how it does or doesn't hurt OU. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Ah how insecure the wee lad is. 

The conversation was absolutely about Texas and ou. My comments started by addressing the guy who stated ou should be nervous. Everything that followed was not me addressing Texas and their mediocracy the last decade, but me speaking specifically about how OU has withered the storm through all of the new hire momentum and kept on winning conference titles. 

And yes go ahead and joke about how you don't know how to be average and get the aggy to teach you blah blah blah. Why not just grow a pair and have a conversation about your program without mentioning A&M just once. My intent is not to turn this into a A&M texas peeing match like you always do. It was to address the hype train and how it does or doesn't hurt OU. 

Me laughing is insecure?  Lol

ive had conversation with you.  It always ends with you calling names, putting me down, etc....  kinda insecure I’d say.

18 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Me laughing is insecure?  Lol

ive had conversation with you.  It always ends with you calling names, putting me down, etc....  kinda insecure I’d say.

You bringing up A&M in a discussion about Texas and OU is the insecure part. You feeling the need to deflect to that (like you always do) is the insecure thing. I'm not interested in doing your little petty arguing about whatever you can't comprehend in the real conversation anymore. I was just trying to address the guy praising Sark like they just hired a Dana/Saban love child. 

• Mr. P locked this topic