Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You bringing up A&M in a discussion about Texas and OU is the insecure part. You feeling the need to deflect to that (like you always do) is the insecure thing. I'm not interested in doing your little petty arguing about whatever you can't comprehend in the real conversation anymore. I was just trying to address the guy praising Sark like they just hired a Dana/Saban love child. 

The discussion was about Texas.  I said if anybody had the right to laugh at Texas, Ou does.  You, an Aggie, injecting your opinion about Texas being average or making bad hires is what I was laughing about.  An Aggie, not the Aggies.  You should be smart enough to get that since You seem to think you’re the smartest person in the forums.  An Aggie saying Texas is average or made a bad hire is funny.  An Ou fan saying either is not funny.  They haven’t botched anything.   

• Like 1

What gets tiring is I get on this site just to check on if some new staff hires or a new recruit and have to navigate around OU and A&M fans finding something negative to say about everyone of them. What is the point they are not coming to your school so why take the time to even worry about it.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 514 said:

What gets tiring is I get on this site just to check on if some new staff hires or a new recruit and have to navigate around OU and A&M fans finding something negative to say about everyone of them. What is the point they are not coming to your school so why take the time to even worry about it.

I mean its not like that same thing doesn't apply to OU and A&M threads where Texas fans are getting on there stirring the pot. That is part of a neutral site. 

On 2/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, WETSU said:

This. Texas has been a top 5 team on paper since 2000. Only about 3 years did they actually meet expectations... OU has no reason to be "nervous" about anything until proven otherwise. 

I agree with this. And I have this same mentality as a Texas fan. I like the Sark hire and the staff he's put together. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't optimistic, but at the same time I will not buy into the hype until I see progress on the field. 

Your statement isn't a jab, it's a truth that probably stings some Horn fans, but Texas has been their own worst enemy the past decade. I'm hoping this new hire will fix those issues, but only time will tell.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I agree with this. And I have this same mentality as a Texas fan. I like the Sark hire and the staff he's put together. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't optimistic, but at the same time I will not buy into the hype until I see progress on the field. 

Your statement isn't a jab, it's a truth that probably stings some Horn fans, but Texas has been their own worst enemy the past decade. I'm hoping this new hire will fix those issues, but only time will tell.

The voice of reason... 

I agree with you I think the Sark hire has potential. I also like the staff overall despite one or two I disagree with. I just think more Texas fans should approach this like you in that they want to see results before laying all their chips on the table again. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Like you I'm optimistic, but we'll see come August.  ULala is one of the better G5 programs to open with, they aren't no slouch as Iowa State found out last year.

Like you, the staff put together has me feeling real good.  Just look at the comparison to Strong/Herman's staffs.  Flood is better than any OL Coach in that time frame and it's not even close.  Kwiatkowski is a huge upgrade over Bedford and Orlando.  Davis and Banks are top notch coach/recruiters.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

The voice of reason... 

I agree with you I think the Sark hire has potential. I also like the staff overall despite one or two I disagree with. I just think more Texas fans should approach this like you in that they want to see results before laying all their chips on the table again. 

I've learned to take off the orange glasses after the past two coaches. It's good to be optimistic but you also have to be a realist. Only way to keep sane.

36 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Like you I'm optimistic, but we'll see come August.  ULala is one of the better G5 programs to open with, they aren't no slouch as Iowa State found out last year.

Like you, the staff put together has me feeling real good.  Just look at the comparison to Strong/Herman's staffs.  Flood is better than any OL Coach in that time frame and it's not even close.  Kwiatkowski is a huge upgrade over Bedford and Orlando.  Davis and Banks are top notch coach/recruiters.

I'm not worried about the X's and O's as much as I am about development. That's where these hires have me optimistic, but I still want to see it first. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

The voice of reason... 

I'm All In! - Hope Church Newham

21 hours ago, WETSU said:

Are you really going to make dig up all the old arguments? Lol. 

Dont take that personal. Nearly all fan bases are excited about their hires. I'm just saying that the guy acting like Sark is the next Saban should just slow his roll a little is all. The dude has landed like 4 recruits and not even held a practice yet and all of the sudden OU should be nervous 😂

Texas had a future HOF coach for a decade and barely put a dent in OU's reign over the conference since the two started playing common opponents. I don't think OU needs to be nervous about anything until proven otherwise. Thats not me talking down on Texas its just me saying OU has proven itself to be immune to the hype train on new Texas coaches lately. 

You must lead a pretty sad life.  You’ve already admitted to bookmarking threads just for the sake of winning an argument 3 years later....

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Agree 100%. I like the staff he's put together, and what he's doing on the recruiting trail already, but he's also never had a problem recruiting. He recruited very well at USC too (Top 3 classes), but he could never put together much success on the field. And where have we recently seen this same thing, oh yeah, with Tom Herman. 

So while I'm excited about the change, I'll save my optimism for when I start seeing success on the field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

Ah how insecure the wee lad is. 

The conversation was absolutely about Texas and ou. My comments started by addressing the guy who stated ou should be nervous. Everything that followed was not me addressing Texas and their mediocracy the last decade, but me speaking specifically about how OU has withered the storm through all of the new hire momentum and kept on winning conference titles. 

And yes go ahead and joke about how you don't know how to be average and get the aggy to teach you blah blah blah. Why not just grow a pair and have a conversation about your program without mentioning A&M just once. My intent is not to turn this into a A&M texas peeing match like you always do. It was to address the hype train and how it does or doesn't hurt OU. 

WET, you keep putting words in my mouth. I never said OU should be nervous. I asked the Okie troll who seems to always want to comment in the Longhorn thread, if he was nervous. Difference from your comment of he was nervous. The Horns seem to be in his head as much as yours. Cant figure it out. Also, never said Sark was the second coming of Saban. What I did say was that he has assembled the best staff on Austin on the last 10 years. You twist my word to fit your narrative. This is a Longhorn thread, what are you expecting to see on here? 

• Like 1

I think the Sark era has a higher floor because of the roster he was left with and the staff he put together. I slap think the Sark era has a higher ceiling because of the buy-in from the admin and the alignment of the University. 

Sark has by far the best roster to work with when compared to Strong and Herman. There are some depth issues and question marks but the roster has a lot of good pieces to win with. He is the first coach to actually use the money that comes with the Texas job on a very good coaching staff. However the staff doesn’t come without questions of its own. Obviously they can recruit we are seeing that now but can they develop?  I feel comfortable saying Sark can develop QBs but the rest will be a wait and see for me. One other thing I do like the coordinator hires, himself on offense is very promising, but he also money whipped Banks who is a great SP/T coordinator and then pulled one of the top DCs that no one thought was available. That gives me some excitement for Xs and Os. 

There is reason for optimism and its a lot more fun to talk about. I hope the hype translates to the field in September. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

WET, you keep putting words in my mouth. I never said OU should be nervous. I asked the Okie troll who seems to always want to comment in the Longhorn thread, if he was nervous. Difference from your comment of he was nervous. The Horns seem to be in his head as much as yours. Cant figure it out. Also, never said Sark was the second coming of Saban. What I did say was that he has assembled the best staff on Austin on the last 10 years. You twist my word to fit your narrative. This is a Longhorn thread, what are you expecting to see on here? 

It’s what he does

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Texas and OU supremacy of each other will always go back and forth over the years as it has historically  ....  just as Texas and Oklahoma will always be and have both always been the Aggie's daddy ....

Except that none of these kids committing today have ever seen Texas have any “supremacy” over Oklahoma. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Except that none of these kids committing today have ever seen Texas have any “supremacy” over Oklahoma. 

The ship will sway back the other direction soon ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

That is not accurate at the time. It is what it is. Gotta to live in the present instead of dwelling on the past. This hire is cautiously optimistic. Nothing more nothing less. Texas has proven for years that they shouldn’t get too excited.

Which part is not accurate?

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Texas isn’t exactly ahead of the other teams like in the past.

What other teams?  There is but one way to figure out who is ahead of who.  Texas and oU play each other.  That third party won’t accept the challenge.  They’d rather keep adding fcs games after saying their schedule was full.  I hear tarleton state will be available soon

On 3/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, 514 said:

If you are using this site at your primary source of information about that stuff then you should branch out. 

The only reason this forum on this site exists to have the mix of fans talking to each other.

• Like 1
  • Grumpy 1

• Mr. P locked this topic