Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

Seeing the 1's in the skill group in offseason group/workouts/ect. are:  Thompson @ QB, Bijan @ RB, Wiley @ TE, and Omeire, Smith, and Moore @ WR with Whittington and Dixon around as well.  

Sounds like it didn't take Sark long to realize Wiley is a future NFL TE and Brewer playing makes it 10 vs 11.

Feel like it's now or never for guys like Alvonte Woodard, Marcus Washington, Keneddy Lewis, ect at WR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

IT thinks Winfield may open his recruitment back up as well 🙄

With the possibility of visits coming in June, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot decommits. 
If they do allow visits in June it will be a frenzy of guys trying to visit this summer. 

10 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Texas deserved to lose. Way to talented to be inconsistent all year. 

Yes, 23 turnovers and quite a few just unforced errors, uggghhhhh. Even Coleman dribbled the ball off his foot and out of bounds late in the game.

Just a super ugly performance by the Longhorns. 

I know UT just won the Big 12 tournament, but my gosh the Longhorns have been so inconsistent under Shaka Smart for years. They’ll play really well for a few weeks and then stink like they did tonight. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Gotta pack up his office things, and get outta the athletics building. 

Shaka needs to find a new team to coach.  

Yep.  They shouldn’t have been on that situation.  52 points is insulting to the talent that was on that team 

• Like 1

Texas Basketball and at times Football has a horrible recent tradition of playing at the level of their opponent. ACU played strong defense, but our guys never made an adjustment. We continued to push to the basket and make horrible attempts at layups one would only see in a game of HORSE. Why not drive and pull up for a short jumper?

The foul at the end was not the reason we lost, but it was a bad call IMO. I know I'm biased, but the officials let these guys play rough all night. So few fouls called one would have thought a foul at the end of the game would have been obvious - not "ticky-tacky." And some of Shaka's substitution calls don't make much sense to a guy watching from his man cave. I think Shaka needs to go. His overall record and performance in the big tournament is much worse than Barnes or Penders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Texas Basketball and at times Football has a horrible recent tradition of playing at the level of their opponent. ACU played strong defense, but our guys never made an adjustment. We continued to push to the basket and make horrible attempts at layups one would only see in a game of HORSE. Why not drive and pull up for a short jumper?

The foul at the end was not the reason we lost, but it was a bad call IMO. I know I'm biased, but the officials let these guys play rough all night. So few fouls called one would have thought a foul at the end of the game would have been obvious - not "ticky-tacky." And some of Shaka's substitution calls don't make much sense to a guy watching from his man cave. I think Shaka needs to go. His overall record and performance in the big tournament is much worse than Barnes or Penders.

Shaka has no offensive identity for his team.  It looks like spread the floor and see who can beat somebody one on one.  Fire him today

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Shaka has no offensive identity for his team.  It looks like spread the floor and see who can beat somebody one on one.  Fire him today

I agree with your statement........and IMO Shaka coaches hard and the guys play hard for him - just doesn’t work. 

ACU is good and that defense is legit. They were the most likely team in the Southland to get a win in the tournament. They have bigs that can bang with anyone and good guards that force turnovers at will. They have done it all year. 

As for Texas, another disappointing season. Looks like Shaka is done after a great regular season.

Who do they go after? Do they attempt to go after a mid-major guy again and go after Golding (ACU) or Porter Moser (Loyola), or do they throw money at a big name like Rick Pitino?

3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

What?  We talking about the same Shaka that "coaches" at Texas?

yeap.........…..same Shaka ………...I did not say he was a good coach for Texas...…..but I do believe he tried

Just like Michael Jordan scoring 40 points on someone in his prime...…..It wasn't that the other guys were not trying, it was Michael was better.

There are just a lot of guys at better coaching basketball for Texas than Shaka's ability/liabilities  allows him to be, in my opinion

11 hours ago, topher805 said:

ACU is good and that defense is legit. They were the most likely team in the Southland to get a win in the tournament. They have bigs that can bang with anyone and good guards that force turnovers at will. They have done it all year. 

As for Texas, another disappointing season. Looks like Shaka is done after a great regular season.

Who do they go after? Do they attempt to go after a mid-major guy again and go after Golding (ACU) or Porter Moser (Loyola), or do they throw money at a big name like Rick Pitino?

Texas has the talent and should’ve beat that team 85-50.  That’s the talent disparity between the two.  Then factor in Shaka smart and you get the rest of the equation

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topher805 said:

Jay Wright?

18 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Been saying this for years! I can't count how many times I ask "what are we doing?" when we have the ball.

The game was officiated in a way that allowed ACU to do what they do best. 

ACU is 5th in the country in fouls committed, but everyone is talking about how great their defense was va Texas. It wasn’t that great, they were just not called for fouls. ACU committed 1 blocking foul on defense and was rewarded with 4 charge calls. That’s 5 turnovers that are literal 50/50 calls for a ref. On top of tha, ACU got every bounce and prayer shot answered. 3 times in the 2nd half Texas played great defense for the entire shot clock only to have an ACU player bank in an off balance shot off the backboard. 

ACU played hard and deserved to win the game but their biggest break was the way the officials decided to call the game. Texas didn’t play well and they weren’t lucky at all with bounces throughout the game. Still when Texas did everything right, Jones hits the go ahead 3, then Kia Jones gets a block on the ensuing drive by ACU, the ball bounced right to an ACU player that got fouled and at bad free throw shooter calmly makes both to win. You need luck in this tournament and it was on the purple teams side Saturday night. 

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic