Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

Looks like this how the front 4 may look next year:

DE/OLB:  Thornton/ND transfer 

DT:  Collins/Ojomo

DT:  Coburn/Sweat

DE/OLB:  Jones/Davis

Also would have Broughton on the interior and Dorbah on the edge.

All the incoming guys like Murphy, Thomas, Abiara, Sorrell, and Harris can Red Shirt.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Looks like this how the front 4 may look next year:

DE/OLB:  Thornton/ND transfer 

DT:  Collins/Ojomo

DT:  Coburn/Sweat

DE/OLB:  Jones/Davis

Also would have Broughton on the interior and Dorbah on the edge.

All the incoming guys like Murphy, Thomas, Abiara, Sorrell, and Harris can Red Shirt.

Depth! On both lines is starting to fill in. 

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Pretty good breakdown from Kevin Dunn and ScipioTex of the spring game. I had no idea Sark wasn’t calling plays. I missed that on the broadcast. Warning  It is an hour long podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/everyone-gets-a-trophy/id1479624200?i=1000519113024

Yea they stated that sark was not calling plays for either side on the broadcast.  That makes me feel a little better.  

• Like 1

The outpour of support from fans, teammates, opposing teams, and opposing players has been tremendous in volume and touching in content.  Not gonna lie, reading through the responses to this tragedy has brought tears to my eyes perhaps none more so than what Overshown wrote about him.

Hug your kiddos and tell them that you love them particularly if that is something that you normally do not do.

RIP Jake.

Hookem

• Like 2

Gaoteote is an absolute stud "IF" he's healthy.  LB room starting to look strong and deep with Palai, Overshown, Gbenda, and Richardson a possible 2-deep and young guys that can red shirt/learn/develop like Cooks, Ford, and Blackwell.

On 4/26/2021 at 4:34 PM, Red90fly said:

I think with a healthy WR room your top group is Whittington, Smith, Moore, and Omeire.  Dixon and Washington would round out the 2nd unit.  Woodard is probably gone IMO.  Alexis may work his way into some PT, he's definitely got the speed Sark is looking for.  Lee and Worthy I think will eventually contribute.  The Louisiana WR that committed to Herman/Yurcich will never see the field IMO.

#13 Eagles would've been better this yr if he didn't get the wrong advice to enter the NFL draft 

3 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Who told Eagles to leave Texas for the NFL draft, besides me, who else thought he wasn't gonna get drafted?

I felt cosmi was a late first/early second round pick, ossai was a 3rd to 4th rounder, and the only others that would be drafted was Graham really late and possibly sterns.  Sterns was the only one that went higher than I felt like.  Sam was actually drafted too, that suprised me.  Eagles needed 2 more years if he had them, he’s not sure handed nor a willing blocker.  

Texas will miss cosmi, ossai and Graham.  The rest will be replaced easily.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I felt cosmi was a late first/early second round pick, ossai was a 3rd to 4th rounder, and the only others that would be drafted was Graham really late and possibly sterns.  Sterns was the only one that went higher than I felt like.  Sam was actually drafted too, that suprised me.  Eagles needed 2 more years if he had them, he’s not sure handed nor a willing blocker.  

Texas will miss cosmi, ossai and Graham.  The rest will be replaced easily.  

Sterns read too many clippings also, I felt he needed one more good yr to develop and stay healthy, he's too fragile, Sam I thought would go undrafted and land with the Cowboys as an UDFA, also Sam in my opinion is the most underrated QB in the draft, you put Sam with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio state etc, Sam probably goes number #1 

44 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Sterns read too many clippings also, I felt he needed one more good yr to develop and stay healthy, he's too fragile, Sam I thought would go undrafted and land with the Cowboys as an UDFA, also Sam in my opinion is the most underrated QB in the draft, you put Sam with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio state etc, Sam probably goes number #1 

Sam doesn’t have the arm strength.  He can’t push the ball downfield.  He was in the perfect offense for his skill set, Texas was just quick to abandon the short to intermediate passing game

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Sam doesn’t have the arm strength.  He can’t push the ball downfield.  He was in the perfect offense for his skill set, Texas was just quick to abandon the short to intermediate passing game

I disagree, you put Sam with those athletes at those other schools I mentioned in those offenses, those schools wouldn't miss a beat with him at QB, plus he would've been a better player than he was at Texas in my opinion. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I disagree, you put Sam with those athletes at those other schools I mentioned in those offenses, those schools wouldn't miss a beat with him at QB, plus he would've been a better player than he was at Texas in my opinion. 

With a different play caller sure, they’d have used his strengths in the passing game.  Herman and his OCs didn’t do that.  Qb power or deep routes was their game plan 

Texas baseball takes 2/3 from #3 TCU losing game two 2-1, and they had many chances to score.  Texas is 1 game back of TCU, so they'll need to sweep WVU and hope TCU loses 1 to K-State to win the Big 12/be the #1 seen in the Big 12 tournament.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 4:26 PM, TDJ89 said:

Our coaching staff put too much on Sterns. Just go back to his true freshman season where he dominated and was a playmaker on defense. Last year he was used too much as a disguise peddling or shifting as the ball was snapped. The problem with that is many times he was actually moving away from the play. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sterns make some noise in the NFL in 2-3 years.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Our coaching staff put too much on Sterns. Just go back to his true freshman season where he dominated and was a playmaker on defense. Last year he was used too much as a disguise peddling or shifting as the ball was snapped. The problem with that is many times he was actually moving away from the play. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sterns make some noise in the NFL in 2-3 years.

I agree, but that had nothing to do with him not staying healthy, just two yrs of college ball isn't enough to develop your skills and body for the NFL, I'm surprised he got drafted, I'm a Longhorn fan all the way, but unless someone can come in change the culture back to when players played 4yrs to compete for championshis, Texas will never see the days of winning 10 win seasons consistently, Texas has develop a culture of 3yr me players in the skill positions from 2010 and beyond, other than Sam Ehlinger, we may never see another 4yr Longhorn who wanted to win more than him.

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

I agree, but that had nothing to do with him not staying healthy, just two yrs of college ball isn't enough to develop your skills and body for the NFL, I'm surprised he got drafted, I'm a Longhorn fan all the way, but unless someone can come in change the culture back to when players played 4yrs to compete for championshis, Texas will never see the days of winning 10 win seasons consistently, Texas has develop a culture of 3yr me players in the skill positions from 2010 and beyond, other than Sam Ehlinger, we may never see another 4yr Longhorn who wanted to win more than him.

50 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

There’s a different generation coming through.  They don’t believe in proving themselves and earning something.  There are so few players (percentage-wise) that make it to the nfl.  I hate seeing kids leave early chasing a contract to go undrafted when they could stay, develop, and finish a degree that can help them the rest of their life even if the still don’t get drafted.  

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic