Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Reading this... does he have an agent?  It sure as hell sounds that way.  How is he going to enhance his field training without coaching?  

Now if he was like "I am still going to work out in athletics and run track in the spring." I would be ok with it.  This all sounds rehearsed like some "smart" adult is telling him what he needs to do. 

“There’s always an uncle” - Fred Akers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Reading this... does he have an agent?  It sure as hell sounds that way.  How is he going to enhance his field training without coaching?  

Now if he was like "I am still going to work out in athletics and run track in the spring." I would be ok with it.  This all sounds rehearsed like some "smart" adult is telling him what he needs to do. 

This. It’s a business decision. Somebody is protecting their investment.

• Like 1

Texas is taking 2 RB's this class, so they better get the take right, because no way you can count on this kid now pulling this.  I'm not real high on the El Paso kid, and I saw they just offered the Newton RB.  They should have pushed harder for the Tyler RB IMO.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 5:40 AM, DB2point0 said:

Texas wins, but it won’t be a blowout.  

I to think Texas wins.  Will be tough, Arky returns a ton and they'll be amped to play Texas in prime time.  Not sure who the QB for them will be, and I've read the QB competition for them didn't look to good.  Arky was also horrible against the run last year, so I'd expect big games from Bijan and Rojo, and also in the passing game as I don't think the LB's for Arky are real good in space.

ULaLa will probably be ranked to start the year, but like Arky they were bad against the run last year.  Two good games to start the year, win those 2 and I see 4-0 easily going to TCU.  I feel better than I would with Herman starting the year and pulling another Maryland.

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I to think Texas wins.  Will be tough, Arky returns a ton and they'll be amped to play Texas in prime time.  Not sure who the QB for them will be, and I've read the QB competition for them didn't look to good.  Arky was also horrible against the run last year, so I'd expect big games from Bijan and Rojo, and also in the passing game as I don't think the LB's for Arky are real good in space.

ULaLa will probably be ranked to start the year, but like Arky they were bad against the run last year.  Two good games to start the year, win those 2 and I see 4-0 easily going to TCU.  I feel better than I would with Herman starting the year and pulling another Maryland.

Herman would be 1-1 at best, possibly 0-2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Don't believe everything you read. 

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Enlighten us, because I read the same information he posted.  Got several buddies that are Hawg fans saying the same

Look up what Coach Pittman had to say throughout Spring practice and after Spring practice, it should tell you everything you need to know, for now. I'm pretty sure some of those buddies are probably some of the few ppl in our fanbase who are never satisfied, no different than any other fanbase. 

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Look up what Coach Pittman had to say throughout Spring practice and and after Spring practice, it should tell you everything you need to know, for now. I'm pretty sure some of those buddies are probably some of the few ppl in our fanbase who are never satisfied, no different than any other fanbase. 

They are donors and season tickets holders?  Are you?

how many coaches in America would say their qb situation was awful?  They’re going to give coach speak and find ways to publicly challenge their guys to get better.  I’m sure Pittman was really optimistic in what he said

13 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They are donors and season tickets holders?  Are you?

how many coaches in America would say their qb situation was awful?  They’re going to give coach speak and find ways to publicly challenge their guys to get better.  I’m sure Pittman was really optimistic in what he said

Some of those be the worse ones. 

After what Coach had to say along with others I'm pretty sure he knows who QB1 is. (I also like who QB2 is)

Can't wait til September 11th. 😁

23 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Some of those be the worse ones. 

After what Coach had to say along with others I'm pretty sure he knows who QB1 is. (I also like who QB2 is)

Can't wait til September 11th. 😁

Well tell us your thoughts on the qb1 and how he can fit in the offense

On 5/21/2021 at 7:55 AM, MavGrad99 said:

There is no way in hell that I would let this kid stay in my athletic period after quitting. 

• Like 3

On 5/21/2021 at 8:59 AM, DB2point0 said:

Sadly, this may happen more often.  

Exactly what I was thinking. This could cause high school football to experience a trend similar to college players sitting out bowl games. It’s basically the same concept. If this kid is opting out of an entire high school football season, what is he going to do for the 2025 Alamo Bowl? 

On 5/22/2021 at 8:33 AM, Valhalla said:

There is no way in hell that I would let this kid stay in my athletic period after quitting. 

He’ll fit right in in Austin! 
“If at first you don’t succeed, give up and fire the coach!”  -Texas football

• LOL! 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, trashyhound said:

He’ll fit right in in Austin! 
“If at first you don’t succeed, give up and fire the coach!”  -Texas football

I don't know who else UT is recruiting in that class at RB, but if it's me: I just received a major incentive to work even harder.

Go all out. Volunteer to play on defense, special teams. Play multiple sports (if I'm not already). Run track in the Spring to show how dedicated I am to getting faster and more athletic. Don't let up.  

That extra competitive edge will make the difference by the time that first freshman practice rolls around. 

• Like 1

It's been a helluva year for Texas athletics... in a good way.

Women's Tennis wins the National Championship. 

With Texas baseball winning the big 12 on Saturday, that makes 13 Big 12 championships in all 20-21 sports. Ties the single season conference record that was set by UT in 05-06. 

• Like 6

• Mr. P locked this topic