Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

11 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Any Longhorns fans know what team Eagles is going to camp with after not getting drafted, who the F gave him the advise to enter the NFL draft, dude didn't do enough in college to impress me 

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Uncle Rico gave him his advice.

Man, he’s a Dallas Cowboy. Jerry going have him standing and saluting the flag, playing Yankee Doodle in no time.

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Man, he’s a Dallas Cowboy. Jerry going have him standing and saluting the flag, playing Yankee Doodle in no time.

Oh wow, he want even make the practice squad in Dallas 

33 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Interested to see how Texas sets up their starters for this regional. I don't use Hansen or Madden against Southern. But I'm not the coach, so who knows.

Madden/Stevens/Hansen can matchup with any team in the country 1-3 IMO and also the defense.  It'll depend on the hitting how far Texas goes because they've been known to hit some dry spells throughout the year.

• Like 2

Texas is matched up with the Florida Regional. Right now Florida is about to be eliminated by South Alabama. Currently losing 15 - 1.

If the Horns can take care of business, my guess is they will host the Super against probably Miami or South Florida.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas is matched up with the Florida Regional. Right now Florida is about to be eliminated by South Alabama. Currently losing 15 - 1.

If the Horns can take care of business, my guess is they will host the Super against probably Miami or South Florida.

I figured Florida would be a tougher out than what they’ve shown the first couple of games.  Ouch

29 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Texas gets another transfer.  Alabama RB/WR/APB Keilan Robinson.  Sat out last year, but averaged 6.5 yards per carry in 2019.  More of a smaller speed guy that can be used all over the field.

That’s a big pickup. BAMA had plans to use him like a Josh Jacobs/ Kenyan Drake type player. Very explosive. Should be a good compliment to the other Robinson in the UT backfield. Sark will no doubt have a role for him. 

Sark clearly is for speed guys instead of the big bodied WR's that Herman loved.  The stat from 2018 I believe that Texas didn't have a single play all year over 50 yards is still unbelievable.

Between Robinson ×2, Whittington, Worthy, Moore, Dixon, and Smith, Sark is going to have to some pieces to work with from a speed perspective.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Sark clearly is for speed guys instead of the big bodied WR's that Herman loved.  The stat from 2018 I believe that Texas didn't have a single play all year over 50 yards is still unbelievable.

Between Robinson ×2, Whittington, Worthy, Moore, Dixon, and Smith, Sark is going to have to some pieces to work with from a speed perspective.

Yeah look at the WRs they recruited at BAMA. Ruggs, Jeudy, Smith, Waddle. Not a Julio Jones in the group. 

Texas advances to the Super Regional, outscoring opponents 33-5. It was pretty much a cake walk to the supers. Horns will host either South Florida or South Alabama. Both can't be slept on but I assume Texas will be the favorite to go to Omaha.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas advances to the Super Regional, outscoring opponents 33-5. It was pretty much a cake walk to the supers. Horns will host either South Florida or South Alabama. Both can't be slept on but I assume Texas will be the favorite to go to Omaha.

I'm surprised Florida or Miami didn't make it out, but those other two teams smacked them around.  Madden/Stevens/Hansen were dealin' this past weekend.

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I'm surprised Florida or Miami didn't make it out, but those other two teams smacked them around.  Madden/Stevens/Hansen were dealin' this past weekend.

USF and USA are no slouches from what it looks like. Really hoping the Texas bats stay hot. Pitching/bullpen has been phenomenal all year!

38 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

WE'RE BACK !!!   You other folks better go ahead and recognize!

Snapper.PNG

I'm anxious to see how this class ends up.  You've got a way better staff now in place and they've got some studs so far.  I think Flood ends up with an elite OL haul.  A dud of a season and they won't get any stars.  Get to Big 12 Championship game then watch out.

21 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Miami has been an average baseball team this year.  Middle of the pack ACC team... meaning still dangerous but inconsistent 

On 5/21/2021 at 7:55 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Reading this... does he have an agent?  It sure as hell sounds that way.  How is he going to enhance his field training without coaching?  

Now if he was like "I am still going to work out in athletics and run track in the spring." I would be ok with it.  This all sounds rehearsed like some "smart" adult is telling him what he needs to do. 

This kid is getting some bad advice. Is he really willing to throw away his senior year of football? I read a post by someone on another site who has been correct in majority of their posts. According to this person Blue is having issues with his coach(es). It's third person info but sounds plausible. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:15 PM, Red90fly said:

I to think Texas wins.  Will be tough, Arky returns a ton and they'll be amped to play Texas in prime time.  Not sure who the QB for them will be, and I've read the QB competition for them didn't look to good.  Arky was also horrible against the run last year, so I'd expect big games from Bijan and Rojo, and also in the passing game as I don't think the LB's for Arky are real good in space.

ULaLa will probably be ranked to start the year, but like Arky they were bad against the run last year.  Two good games to start the year, win those 2 and I see 4-0 easily going to TCU.  I feel better than I would with Herman starting the year and pulling another Maryland.

I'm not going to guess wins, but I will put together some pros regarding Texas. And I won't include the transfers. In order.

Offense

Bijan Robinson

The offense Sark brings to Texas is QB friendly. Case in point Mac Jones.

The OL is experienced and has developed some depth. 

The WR group has speed in abundance. A bonus for Sark's system.

Defense

Alfred Collins is a freak of nature.

Coach Kwiatkowski

The LB group. Gbenda and Ford did exactly what they were supposed to do against an over matched Colorado team

Jacoby Jones and Dorbah should fill the Rush end nicely.

We still have three of the greatest DB recruiting class in recent memory.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic