Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

When Bijan runs for 1,000+ yards this year while getting a decent number of receptions I could potentially see Owens coming back.  Same with Stewart.  Neither should have committed in the first place because everyone knew they would take visits when things opened back up.

Every other team he's considering is likely  to have a 1000 yard back and possibly better teams all around. I wouldn't think that's the difference in his recruitment to be honest. I'm not sure where the kid ends up but its more common they end up somewhere other than the school they decommitted from. 

29 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I like Jake Smith, but this isn't too surprising imo. He's kinda slipped since he arrived on campus due to injuries. Can't seem to stay healthy unfortunately.

But neither can Whittington, whom he's battling for a starting spot. 

36 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yup. I wonder if he wants to be closer to home? 

Possibly. I just never understand why it takes some of these players 3 years to figure that out. I can understand it during their freshman year, but by your Junior year, you should have acclimated by now.

26 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Possibly. I just never understand why it takes some of these players 3 years to figure that out. I can understand it during their freshman year, but by your Junior year, you should have acclimated by now.

Agreed. I'll be interested to hear the reasoning. It's not like he wasn't going to see the field or anything.

On 6/23/2021 at 7:46 PM, JustAFan11 said:

Herman doomed Jake when he gave him #16. 
It’s number science, he never had a chance. 

James Street and Jermichael Finley. It's not like the number is cursed.

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I would rather him go to Texas. He would be surrounded by better talent and coaching at Clemson.

Definitely better talent at Clemson, but the coaching is still in wait and see mode. Not to disrespect Dabo and Venebles, the Texas staff is an all star staff. We just need to see if there is any chemistry.

19 minutes ago, Baron said:

Definitely better talent at Clemson, but the coaching is still in wait and see mode. Not to disrespect Dabo and Venebles, the Texas staff is an all star staff. We just need to see if there is any chemistry.

By what metric is the Texas staff an all star staff? Seriously what guys on the staff are "elite" at what they do? Even a Sark has only been above average when he had about 8-9 first rounders on a team that he didn't even recruit. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

By what metric is the Texas staff an all star staff? Seriously what guys on the staff are "elite" at what they do? Even a Sark has only been above average when he had about 8-9 first rounders on a team that he didn't even recruit. 

Ah, metrics. As far as I am concerned there is no metric other than wins and losses that can judge a staff correctly. Most judgements of coaching staffs are subjective. Every coach on this staff is well regarded by their peers. That's good enough for me. 

Kwiatkowski and Choate are regarded as elite by their peers. Milwee, Flood, Drayton and Banks as well. Gideon is considered an up and comer as well.

My big question, and always has been, why do you care? I couldn't tell you who your team's OC or DC is. You're aggy, I don't care. Why do you?

21 minutes ago, Baron said:

Ah, metrics. As far as I am concerned there is no metric other than wins and losses that can judge a staff correctly. Most judgements of coaching staffs are subjective. Every coach on this staff is well regarded by their peers. That's good enough for me. 

Kwiatkowski and Choate are regarded as elite by their peers. Milwee, Flood, Drayton and Banks as well. Gideon is considered an up and comer as well.

My big question, and always has been, why do you care? I couldn't tell you who your team's OC or DC is. You're aggy, I don't care. Why do you?

I was just curious what made you think it was an all star staff is all. I mean in comparison to the clemson staff specifically. I didnt know I had to be a fan of Texas to talk about their program. I talk about many many sports related things that aren't just centered around A&M. 

41 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I was just curious what made you think it was an all star staff is all. I mean in comparison to the clemson staff specifically. I didnt know I had to be a fan of Texas to talk about their program. I talk about many many sports related things that aren't just centered around A&M. 

You don't have to be a fan, but I knew when I posted that you would be first to respond. Nuff said. lol

17 minutes ago, Baron said:

You don't have to be a fan, but I knew when I posted that you would be first to respond. Nuff said. lol

I mean you just implied that the staff at Texas is better than the staff at Clemson. I just don't understand that thought process but to each his own. I was simply curious. 

• Mr. P locked this topic