Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

12 hours ago, trashyhound said:

lol. Oh yes. I’m sure that a sooner fan is jealous of all the whorns success in basket weaving and checkers! 

Dirt burglars and aggys are always concerned with what is happening in Austin. 🤣

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

No, legitimately curious. 

Oklahoma performed better in the only two sports that really matter anyways.

Baseball matters more than basketball.  Sorry, basketball has gotten too ridiculous with the walks, carrying, double dribble, flopping, and lack of team effort.  Baseball is far better than basketball 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Baseball matters more than basketball.  Sorry, basketball has gotten too ridiculous with the walks, carrying, double dribble, flopping, and lack of team effort.  Baseball is far better than basketball 

You’ve lost your mind. 

watching paint dry is better than suffering through a baseball game

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Most of the rest of the country thinks differently.

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t know, lots of people love baseball.  

People love baseball maybe, but not college baseball. 

More people watched the softball World Series than the baseball one. I would be willing to bet the NCAA basketball tv numbers dwarf the Baseball numbers.

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

People love baseball maybe, but not college baseball. 

More people watched the softball World Series than the baseball one. I would be willing to bet the NCAA basketball tv numbers dwarf the Baseball numbers.

I definitely enjoy watching softball a lot. It’s a faster pace.  
can you find those numbers?  I’d be interested in seeing them also. 

31 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

NFL, MLB, and just about any college sport (men or women) is preferred watching by me over the NBA.

I used to love watching the playoffs and finals. About 10 years ago it became must not watch tv unless the Mavs are in it. NBA does nothing for me.

• Like 1

I love to play basketball. I actually play full court 4 days a week. 2 of those days I play with a group that play more “NBA” style. I only play with them primarily for the exercise but it does allow me to get really physical sometimes if I need to release some stress. Otherwise I enjoy playing with the more traditional game the other two days.

2 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I love to play basketball. I actually play full court 4 days a week. 2 of those days I play with a group that play more “NBA” style. I only play with them primarily for the exercise but it does allow me to get really physical sometimes if I need to release some stress. Otherwise I enjoy playing with the more traditional game the other two days.

You mean you don’t have to follow the rules written and can walk, double dribble, hand check, 3 step hop step, carry the ball, etc..,,

the NBA needs to get better officiating, make the goal 11’ tall, bring the 3 pt line back to where it’s supposed to be, and tell the players the fans don’t care what they believe politically.  Then it might get back to being watchable.  Right now I’d rather watch a replay of the Saints winning a game, and I can’t stand the saints

38 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I used to love watching the playoffs and finals. About 10 years ago it became must not watch tv unless the Mavs are in it. NBA does nothing for me.

I had NBA Jam on Super NES and liked a lot of those players and teams back then.  Bulls of course, the Rockets teams that won the two titles.  Last time I really watched was that Kings team that should have beat the Lakers in 7 games.  Think I watched the Spurs in the finals back in 07?  Haven't gave a rip about it since.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I definitely enjoy watching softball a lot. It’s a faster pace.  
can you find those numbers?  I’d be interested in seeing them also. 

The men’s College World Series averaged 755,000 viewers on the ESPN family of networks, down 32% from the last time the event was held in 2019 (1.11M). 
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/

This year’s Women’s College World Series (WCWS) NCAA Softball Championship was the most-viewed ever, averaging 1,203,000 viewers, up 10% over the 2019 WCWS. The three-game Championship Series between No. 1 Oklahoma and No.10 Florida State averaged 1,840,000 viewers, up 15% over the 2019 Championship Series.

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2021/06/18/ratings-roundup-most-viewed-womens-college-world-series-in-history-averages-1-2-million-viewers-numbers-from-the-2021-nba-playoffs/

The 2021 NCAA men's basketball championship game attracted an average of 16.9 million viewers to CBS Sports on Monday

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/06/ncaa-2021-final-four-championship-ratings-mens-down-14percent-womens-up.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The men’s College World Series averaged 755,000 viewers on the ESPN family of networks, down 32% from the last time the event was held in 2019 (1.11M). 
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/

This year’s Women’s College World Series (WCWS) NCAA Softball Championship was the most-viewed ever, averaging 1,203,000 viewers, up 10% over the 2019 WCWS. The three-game Championship Series between No. 1 Oklahoma and No.10 Florida State averaged 1,840,000 viewers, up 15% over the 2019 Championship Series.

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2021/06/18/ratings-roundup-most-viewed-womens-college-world-series-in-history-averages-1-2-million-viewers-numbers-from-the-2021-nba-playoffs/

The 2021 NCAA men's basketball championship game attracted an average of 16.9 million viewers to CBS Sports on Monday

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/06/ncaa-2021-final-four-championship-ratings-mens-down-14percent-womens-up.html

Wow, I stlll like baseball better

• Thanks 1

I am one of the odd balls that loves college baseball. I prefer all college sports to pro sports, but now that may change with all the NIL stuff. Honestly I like watching golf more than anything since they're actually paid based on how they perform that week. But like everything it is all opinion based and I don't care what others think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

I am one of the odd balls that loves college baseball. I prefer all college sports to pro sports, but now that may change with all the NIL stuff. Honestly I like watching golf more than anything since they're actually paid based on how they perform that week. But like everything it is all opinion based and I don't care what others think. 

College sports are way better than pro.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic