Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

On 7/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, WETSU said:

The one thing I'll say about Arkansas is they have the Texas game marked. They will come into that game guns blazing. Its probably their biggest game with a realistic shot at winning at home in a few years now. Definitely will be an emotional game. I think texas is more talented in certain areas but I think Arkansas is going to see a huge jump in year 2 of Pittman. I'd personally be more worried about them than ULL. 

Agree 100%, I have this one marked down as a loss. For all the reasons you cited.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:49 PM, Red90fly said:

Tristan Stevens is coming back.  What do you guys think of a weekend rotation next year of Hanson/Stevens/Tanner Witt?

Pierce has recruited well pitching wise. Texas needs to get hitters that can steer them away from most of the small ball they played this year.

Just now, Red90fly said:

Gotta say, as a lifetime longhorn fan, this is probably the most excited I've been to watch the big 3 men's sports teams in the same upcoming season.

I still think football is going to be a harder transition than people realize, but I can definitely see your excitement. Texas will be a preseason top 5 in baseball and basketball with legit chances to win titles in both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I still think football is going to be a harder transition than people realize, but I can definitely see your excitement. Texas will be a preseason top 5 in baseball and basketball with legit chances to win titles in both. 

If Texas won the national championship in basketball it’d be so cool. I loved that Final Four team. 

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

If Texas won the national championship in basketball it’d be so cool. I loved that Final Four team. 

I can see that being cool. Has Texas ever won a basketball title? At least in anyone living memory? Im not really a basketball fan so I really only keep up with it enough to know if A&M is decent or not. 

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

I can see that being cool. Has Texas ever won a basketball title? At least in anyone living memory? Im not really a basketball fan so I really only keep up with it enough to know if A&M is decent or not. 

The women won it all in 88 I believe, as an undefeated team. 
The men have not won one. 

16 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Likely Todd

Supposedly Dylan Campbell is tearing it up in summer ball wherever he's playing.  Texas will also have Stewart (P) and Kash (1B/DH) coming in from HS that many thought would go in the draft.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Supposedly Dylan Campbell is tearing it up in summer ball wherever he's playing.  Texas will also have Stewart (P) and Kash (1B/DH) coming in from HS that many thought would go in the draft.

Yeah Campbell is going to battle for a spot somewhere. This team is going to be very solid, someone that’s really talented is going to sit. 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, Red90fly said:

• Mr. P locked this topic