Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

6 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

This move to the SEC has solidified that Texas is easily the most hated school in all of college athletics. 

If the coaching staff for each athletic program don't use that to their advantage....

It’s insane. I’ve seen fans from schools not connected to any of this trashing Texas. 
I love it and agree with you. Use it, own it, and embrace it. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

It’s insane. I’ve seen fans from schools not connected to any of this trashing Texas. 
I love it and agree with you. Use it, own it, and embrace it. 

It’s as if everyone is blaming it all on Texas and OU is just slipping into the SEC unnoticed by the haters.

OU getting no hate outside a few Oklahoma State fans. 
Texas receives all the hate.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It’s as if everyone is blaming it all on Texas and OU is just slipping into the SEC unnoticed by the haters.

OU getting no hate outside a few Oklahoma State fans. 
Texas receives all the hate.

Well in fairness, Texas really killed the Big 12 a decade ago. This is just the fall out. 

Oklahoma didn’t run off Nebraska, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Colorado.

• Like 2

Ok, this has been something everyone, literally everyone, who is not a UT fan just loves to say.

How exactly did Texas run everybody off?

Everybody mad at Texas for having their own network, but they asked other schools in the conference to go in on a Big 12 network. No one wanted to do it and ESPN came along with $300,000,000 for UT to do LHN. Of course Texas is going to sign up for that.

But the NU hate for Texas started back in ‘96 as soon as the Big 12 was formed, why? What did Texas do to them to create this hate?

I mean, Texas kicked their rears on the football field consistently, but it was apparently off the field disagreements, but about what?

Did Texas hold everybody down and give them wet willies?

Everybody always says Texas created so many problems.  What examples do we point to that’ll solidify these accusations?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Well in fairness, Texas really killed the Big 12 a decade ago. This is just the fall out. 

Oklahoma didn’t run off Nebraska, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Colorado.

How did Texas do it then?  I’m just curious because all the teams were in agreement on doing their own thing with the third tier TV rights.  

Just now, ETXfan16 said:

A good summary:

"The original revenue sharing agreement in the Big XII was 57%. That was approved not only by Texas but also by Nebraska, A&M, and Colorado, all of whom were doing quite well nationally at the time. Texas' objection to partial qualifiers - for academic reasons - led to Nebraska's fall. When NU duplicitously claimed that Texas hogged revenue, Texas responded by agreeing to split all Tier I and II media revenue equally. Texas still owned its third tier media rights and agreed with ESPN to form the LHN. The fighting over that was overblown, but to the extent it was real, it was about a perceived recruiting edge, not about money - much of which went to academics.

Then A&M leaves Texas holding the Big XII bag. As we can see *right now*, this was never about Texas being unfair. It was about opportunity to get away from direct competition with Texas so they could establish an independent reputation for themselves. A&M has long had a similar sized fan base, academics, and alumni giving base as Texas, but they didn't have the on-field success. This isn't because Texas bullied them - it's because Texas has long had the more popular brand in-state and that carried over to recruiting. But times have changed, college football is changing, and Texas/OU have the opportunity to secure the best future for themselves while giving their new conference the power to singlehandedly shape the future of the sport, which will be needed - the NCAA isn't up to the task.

I'm not saying that Texas' handlers are angels. But they're no different than other admins. They've just had unique burdens to carry since forever and that has led to enormous scapegoating - which nearly all CFB reporters have swallowed whole without much questioning."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also, people forget or don't know this, but Texas and Texas A&M were FORCED to add Tech and Baylor when the Big12 was forming. In my opinion, I think UT and A&M were not wanting to go the Big12 route from the getgo...

• Like 1

Everyone loves to bag on Texas on and off the field.

Everyone also knows the massive potential UT has for on-field performance and success; we’ve all witnessed it. Yes, 2001 - 2009 was a while back now, but that level of success is 100% attainable and can be recreated. 
Go ahead and hate and soak up UT’s recent mediocrity. It is very possible those days will end soon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, the partial qualifiers thing with NU. So NU gets called out for something and they’re mad about it. 

So maybe if Baylor had thrown up the red flag Nebraska would hate them instead.

Nebraska was also 1-9 against Texas in the Big 12. So I guess I can see how they think Texas is the bully.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Did Texas actually want the 2022 QB from West Lake or did they purposely choose the California kid over him?

If I remember correctly, Herman and his staff was all in on Ewers. Had him committed for a while. The Westlake kid wasn’t offered until October.

Sark and his staff went all in on Murphy and Manning, while trying to flip Ewers. They didn’t re-offer Klubnik or the other top instate QB Weigman. 

• Mr. P locked this topic