Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

37 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

History of the Program is probably talking about NFL draft history.

Interesting, because I took a different angle. I figured they were referring to "recent" history. Like, the years the recruits had actually been watching football. 

6 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Uh oh, the first thing on the list goes completely against what @WETSU has always told us on here. Wet has been of the opinion recruits don’t care about the history of a program. Wet be wrong!

Haha!image.png

I know you're just trying to get a rise out of me becauss you're smart enough to know thats not what I said. Or at least not the way you're implying it. 

3 hours ago, LOL said:

Interesting, because I took a different angle. I figured they were referring to "recent" history. Like, the years the recruits had actually been watching football. 

Yea I don't for a second think these kids giving these answers care a bout wins from before their parents were even born...

History of the program to them could be just what they remember... There are recruits alive today that think oregon has been relevant forever. Or that Nebraska is some nobody. 

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

I know you're just trying to get a rise out of me becauss you're smart enough to know thats not what I said. Or at least not the way you're implying it. 

I was, I saw that and laughed a little bit and had to show it to you.

We’re getting closer to football season! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baron said:

Really? You don't think seeing the Longhorn on the side of the helmet will make people play harder?

Against the big 12 yes. But beating Texas isnt what you think it is in the sec. Outside of Arkansas and A&M nobody else in the conference has any emotional ties to the game. And you really think teams will play harder vs Texas than they play any of the others? You think Vandy cares more about beating Texas than they do LSU? Does Tennessee want to beat Texas more than they want to beat Georgia?

You see point. Right? I'm truly not taking a shot at Texas with this I'm just saying I don't believe Tennessee is going to get as hyped to beat Texas as TCU did. LSU won't get as hyped as Tech did etc... Without the history and regional ties Texas isn't really anything to get hyped about until they start winning more. Its not the same as beating Bama/Georgia/LSU at the moment. 

30 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Against the big 12 yes. But beating Texas isnt what you think it is in the sec. Outside of Arkansas and A&M nobody else in the conference has any emotional ties to the game. And you really think teams will play harder vs Texas than they play any of the others? You think Vandy cares more about beating Texas than they do LSU? Does Tennessee want to beat Texas more than they want to beat Georgia?

You see point. Right? I'm truly not taking a shot at Texas with this I'm just saying I don't believe Tennessee is going to get as hyped to beat Texas as TCU did. LSU won't get as hyped as Tech did etc... Without the history and regional ties Texas isn't really anything to get hyped about until they start winning more. Its not the same as beating Bama/Georgia/LSU at the moment. 

Agreed, there’ll be that new feeling to both Texas and OU, especially the first year, but that doesn’t mean other teams will want to beat Texas more than they do Alabama or LSU. 
Now, I do think Tennessee will be lathered up in hopes of claiming “real UT status”, ha!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

6 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Now, I do think Tennessee will be lathered up in hopes of claiming “real UT status”, ha!

You totally stole that one from me...and the universities have been in litigation with each other over that and the UT emblem...geez.

Then the Rick Barnes stuff...

and then when one of our Texas recruits sneaks in on a Tennessee "ellie mae"...I mean hey...

it could get juicy every once in a while... 

21 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:
SEC Football News

@SECfootball
Steve Sarkisian sees Texas-sized target on Longhorns in SEC: ‘We’re everybody’s biggest game’ dlvr.it/S56Y4n

😂 

Here’s what he actually stated. Context is important. 

0FFB678F-BD2F-4B36-B071-995FE4A9113B.png

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

You have to know that Texas and OU both have a targets on their chest coming into the SEC.  There is no way that the SEC schools do not want to show the newcomers exactly what SEC football is like as compared to the B12.  Whether Texas has been competitive or not in the lifetime of the actual players they are still "Texas" and OU is still "OU".

And it is not "caring" about winning one game or another or even a rivalry.  No one wants to lose any game.  The SEC programs will be out to make a statement against the newcomers and what they bring to the table.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Hopefully we find out sooner (2022) than later.

9 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

You have to know that Texas and OU both have a targets on their chest coming into the SEC.  There is no way that the SEC schools do not want to show the newcomers exactly what SEC football is like as compared to the B12.  Whether Texas has been competitive or not in the lifetime of the actual players they are still "Texas" and OU is still "OU".

And it is not "caring" about winning one game or another or even a rivalry.  No one wants to lose any game.  The SEC programs will be out to make a statement against the newcomers and what they bring to the table.

Does Texas have a target in its back the first couple of sec seasons? Yes. Are they everyone's biggest game like sark said? No. There is a difference. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

Does Texas have a target in its back the first couple of sec seasons? Yes. Are they everyone's biggest game like sark said? No. There is a difference. 

That biggest game comment was about Big12 play the way I heard him say it.  

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

That biggest game comment was about Big12 play the way I heard him say it.  

Ah i can see it that way now. And that absolutely is the case in the big 12. They are everyone's biggest game. 

35 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Ah i can see it that way now. And that absolutely is the case in the big 12. They are everyone's biggest game. 

That’s the way I took it.  And I listened to it before the sec Message boards started the buzz about it.  He says he doesn’t know when the move will occur but I don’t believe that part.  He can’t tell recruits or the press until the exit strategy/fees are assessed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

There is no difference when the target is on your back.

52 minutes ago, Baron said:

There is no difference when the target is on your back.

Thats a ridiculous statement lol

Does LSU want to beat Texas its first year in the SEC? Of course. Does it want to beat Texas more than bama? Hell no. Beating Texas is no more meaningful than beating A&M to LSU at this point. Beating Bama on the other hand, is crucial to getting to the sec title in the current format. Until Texas comes into the sec and wins consistently, they will not be any contenders biggest game. That is and will continue to be bama/georgia. 

There is absolutely a difference in being someone's biggest game and having a game circled. 

• Mr. P locked this topic