Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

18 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

So far a decent offensive outing for the Horns......not exactly stellar on the D side yet.  But it's the opening game of the season and there is plenty of football and improvement that can happen.

And don’t forget, ULL is actually a good football team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

And don’t forget, ULL is actually a good football team. 

Exactly. I’ve actually been impressed by the defense. They gave up a few plays, and the ULL opened up some big holes at times, but the defense has stood its ground. This ULL offense returned all but 1 player, and scored 34 ppg last season. 

• Like 1

I don't want to get my hopes up too early, but man did that game look good. Play calling looked good, defense played alright, offense looked great after that first drive. Even got to ease off the gas and throw Thompson in the game, as well as a 3rd string RB who performed well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't want to get my hopes up too early, but man did that game look good. Play calling looked good, defense played alright, offense looked great after that first drive. Even got to ease off the gas and throw Thompson in the game, as well as a 3rd string RB who performed well. 

I liked getting Thompson in the game, because I think they need to do a lot to keep him from entering the portal. However, I want to see more ‘All Gas No Brakes’. 10 minutes is still a lot of game time. I don’t want to see any opponent get momentum and get back in the game

Good first game………Based on today, I say the Horns should be favored in every remaining game in the regular season except Oklahoma……So, 9 wins should be attainable………The biggest negative was the inside run blocking - which is not a shocker to me. 

I think for the most part you have to like what you saw today.  Didn't like the tackling on the last TD that ULL got, had Orlando flashbacks.  But overall the tackling looked good, especially in the open field for the most part.  

Also, no ###? moments, which has been all to common the last 7+ years.

Make no mistake though, this was a real good team Texas played today and won by 20.

On to Arky, I fully expect them to look all world against Texas despite how they played against Rice.  Just need to withstand the early surge they'll more than likely have.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Good first game………Based on today, I say the Horns should be favored in every remaining game in the regular season except Oklahoma……So, 9 wins should be attainable………The biggest negative was the inside run blocking - which is not a shocker to me. 

Honestly, Texas beats OU by 10+ this year based on what I saw from both teams yesterday. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Well this just can’t be true. I was told Texas is just another game - nothing special. 

Those people in Arkansas think Texas is their rival. It's really weird and creepy.

Also, think about the Arkansas situation... In 2017, their last year under Bielema, they were in a 4-8 disaster. Then they got Chad Morris for 2018 and 2019 and his entire career there was a complete failure where they lost BAD to UNT and such. Boosters were literally pulling donations out of protest of his hiring and such. Last year they showed promise under Pittman, but were limited to 25% attendance. 

Finally, they have a decent-looking year ahead of them, fans are allowed back, and they have who they consider their rival (and yes, Texas is a big game, especially now) ahead of them. 

Don't let the 38-17 score of the Rice game fool you- Arkansas trailed a LOT of that game and were tied going into the 4th quarter. They were not impressive. Texas should beat them pretty handily if they play like they did vs ULALA. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Don't let the 38-17 score of the Rice game fool you- Arkansas trailed a LOT of that game and were tied going into the 4th quarter. They were not impressive. Texas should beat them pretty handily if they play like they did vs ULALA. 

Eh, I think this game is going to be close/dangerous.  We see it all the time in college football where teams play above what they are when at home against a favorite.  I can definately see Texas having to overcome an early deficit/turnover/ect. with a raucous crowd going insane.

I definately think Texas needs to make Jefferson beat them passing as he is not that good.  But I also saw a poor passing Taylor Cornelius look like a Heisman finalist against Texas at home as well a few years back.

16 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Eh, I think this game is going to be close/dangerous.  We see it all the time in college football where teams play above what they are when at home against a favorite.  I can definately see Texas having to overcome an early deficit/turnover/ect. with a raucous crowd going insane.

I definately think Texas needs to make Jefferson beat them passing as he is not that good.  But I also saw a poor passing Taylor Cornelius look like a Heisman finalist against Texas at home as well a few years back.

Yeah, Arkansas will always play Texas pretty tough- like I said, they think they're rivals lol. And that's a good point... Fans will be rowdy in Fayetteville. Just be glad the game isn't in Little Rock- THOSE fans are crazy! And yeah, A&M always gets Arkansas when they're in the "wounded animal" state of their season about to collapse so they will do anything to win. Somehow A&M always beats them, but the 2 years Arkansas wasn't in that state, A&M won the game handily. I don't think Arkansas is in desperation mode yet. 

• Mr. P locked this topic