Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

23 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Should be the favorites IMO. Who really going to challenge? Oklahoma maybe 🤔 

Let’s tap the brakes a bit.  I know sark said AGNB, but there’s still a lot of work to be done with two unproven QBs.  It does look somewhat promising though

I see this game being close at the start with the atmosphere being a factor, but I really wasn’t impressed watching Arkansas against Rice. Not saying I’m 100% confident, but I just don’t believe Arkie is quite there yet under Sam Pittman. Certainly on their way but Saturday looked like the same hogs we’ve seen the last 3-4 years… 

Also, I listened to Pittmans presser, and he is under the impression that Bijan is also the punt returner and kick returner. 

if he thinks Bijan and Jameson are the same players, he’s going to be in for a rude awakening we he realizes those are two different people and both equally dangerous. 

• LOL! 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

The Mrs. is an Arkansas grad, so our house is divided this weekend lol

I believe this year may be our year to finally get some bragging rights again. I got to brag for a few years after the thumping they took in 2008 (52-10), but man that last game was rough. I knew it would be before we ever played it though. 

59 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I believe this year may be our year to finally get some bragging rights again. I got to brag for a few years after the thumping they took in 2008 (52-10), but man that last game was rough. I knew it would be before we ever played it though. 

2014 was BAD

3 minutes ago, LOL said:

I think Texas jumps out to a quick lead. Arkie battles back to make a game of it, but UT stays ahead to win by 17. 

If Texas does jump out to an early lead and Arkansas has to throw, it could turn into a lopsided win.  I think Texas will have a very similar game plan as they did last week.  Control the clock and lean on the Run game while taking a few shots downfield.  

if Arkansas stays in the 3 high safety look I believe Bijan will explode on them.

im guessing a similar score as last week.  Maybe 35-17 to 42-20 type game

• Like 1

What makes me optimistic about this Texas squad, specifically offense, is that its not the one dimensional, one man team it has been in recent years. Watching Sark utilize Bijan, Whittington, Roschon, Brewer, etc. is what is going to make Texas hard to beat. O-line needs work yes, but putting the ball in your playmakers hands can mask some of those hiccups which Herman failed to do. Card isn't spectacular (yet), but he's pretty dang good for a Freshman qb and he will only get better the more comfortable he gets.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

What makes me optimistic about this Texas squad, specifically offense, is that its not the one dimensional, one man team it has been in recent years. Watching Sark utilize Bijan, Whittington, Roschon, Brewer, etc. is what is going to make Texas hard to beat. O-line needs work yes, but putting the ball in your playmakers hands can mask some of those hiccups which Herman failed to do. Card isn't spectacular (yet), but he's pretty dang good for a Freshman qb and he will only get better the more comfortable he gets.

in Herman's mind he only had 1 playmaker...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas picked up a huge recruiting win today when 4* DL Justice Finkley, from Birmingham Alabama, chose the Horns over Alabama and Colorado. 

The commitment of Finkley vaulted Texas into the 3rd spot in the 2022 class rankings. 

Now they need to pull in some top OL recruits

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas picked up a huge recruiting win today when 4* DL Justice Finkley, from Birmingham Alabama, chose the Horns over Alabama and Colorado. 

The commitment of Finkley vaulted Texas into the 3rd spot in the 2022 class rankings. 

The D-line haul is filthy. Hope they keep all of them.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic