The Smoakhouse Forums

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I'm not in favor of Sark either. As for Kelly, he's had a lot of success at a major program, taking them to two CFP's, and a NC appearance. He also had a lot of success at Cincinnati. So why Kelly? Because a successful coach from a major college is what most have agreed Texas should target. The real question is, why would he consider it?

I think he’d take a job like Texas because he knows he can’t get the athletes he needs to compete for a National Championship at Notre Dame. 

EDCE508D-B579-4430-AA1A-76D4498900DC.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Texas fans on this board get no more excited about happenings in Austin than Aggie fans on this board do about happenings in College Station. I was initially happy with the hiring of Strong because I

I agree with this. And I have this same mentality as a Texas fan. I like the Sark hire and the staff he's put together. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't optimistic, but at the same time I will not buy

National Champions for the 15th time!!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I'm not in favor of Sark either. As for Kelly, he's had a lot of success at a major program, taking them to two CFP's, and a NC appearance. He also had a lot of success at Cincinnati. So why Kelly? Because a successful coach from a major college is what most have agreed Texas should target. The real question is, why would he consider it?

He is 0-7 in big games being out scored by 161 pts.  ND doesn’t typically play a real tough schedule either, aside from this year.  All the big names they play have been down.  I think he’s a good coach, just that there are better.  Hiring him should mean you got told no by others you really wanted

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think he’d take a job like Texas because he knows he can’t get the athletes he needs to compete for a National Championship at Notre Dame. 

EDCE508D-B579-4430-AA1A-76D4498900DC.png

How many five stars did Texas sign in that time period?

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

According to 247, 5 - but Bru McCoy shouldn't count. He never suited up and went back to USC. The four are Caden Sterns, BJ Foster, Jordan Whittington, and Bijan Robinson.

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Only a few more than ND but at Texas you have a much better chance to land those guys than at ND. 

If he thinks what he needs is better athletes to really compete for a championship and Texas gives him a call, I could see him being interested. That’s not to say he wouldn’t have other reasons for not wanting to leave for Texas. 

Just now, Valhalla said:

Well I was wrong fast.

It’s Chip Brown so there’s still a 50/50 it could be still be Brian Kelly.

May as well have kept Herman 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just don’t understand why the move is today? What is different today than the last few weeks?

Alabama is still playing football.

Just now, Stoney said:

It’s Chip Brown so there’s still a 50/50 it could be still be Brian Kelly.

FWIW, Sark was supposedly offered a massive contract extension at BAMA, which was one of the reasons he withdrew from consideration on the Auburn job. But there’s a massive difference between Auburn and Texas. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Well the Texas insiders knew what they were talking about. 

Herman = Sark?

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I just don’t understand why the move is today? What is different today than the last few weeks?

Texas A&M playing the Orange Bowl against Mack Brown?

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

It is a global plan to undermine Alabama with the distraction.

Just now, Stoney said:

Herman = Sark?

I was referring to their interpretation of CDC’s proclamation a few weeks ago that “Tom Herman is our coach.” or whatever he said. Many of them predicted that he would be canned after the bowl game. 

I'm ok with the hire the staff is what im interested in.  I believe he's an upgrade from Herman scheme wise and the offense will be in good hands as well as recruiting with what his offense did this year at Alabama.  DC is the big question mark

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was referring to their interpretation of CDC’s proclamation a few weeks ago that “Tom Herman is our coach.” or whatever he said. Many of them predicted that he would be canned after the bowl game. 

That statement from CDC was very open ended. He’s our coach right now and re-evaluate after the season. Nothing about him being the guy in ‘21. Way the season ended, the way the Urban chase went, I thought Herman would be back one more year.

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It was making a statement without having to make a commitment.  He said that Herman will be the coach in 2021.  Technically he was for one day.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

1.  Of course there was wiggle room.  Do people not understand doublespeak?

2. Made the statement because they were still working on details on getting a replacement.

3. No kidding.

What a waste of a tweet.  All three statements are "no duh".  Lastly, it was not a couple of things, it was three (a few).