The Smoakhouse Forums

6 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Lot to prove in my opinion!  However he’s the guy.  Hopefully in 5-6 years we aren’t having regrets....again

They just need to hope he can get that 5* one and done and be able to keep the essential chess pieces around that revolving 5*...  he was great at Tech at turning a bunch of pawns into bishops and knights.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Texas fans on this board get no more excited about happenings in Austin than Aggie fans on this board do about happenings in College Station. I was initially happy with the hiring of Strong because I

I agree with this. And I have this same mentality as a Texas fan. I like the Sark hire and the staff he's put together. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't optimistic, but at the same time I will not buy

National Champions for the 15th time!!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

3/4 Texas infield ejected tonight over a senseless confrontation in the baseball game tonight.  Automatic suspension for tomorrow's game as well.

Ivan Melendez has been on a friggin tear at the plate lately

21 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Ivan Melendez has homered 5 games in a row for Texas baseball, and they have been absolute bombs. They are killing K-State 13-0 top 6th.  This team is fun to watch.

Just made it 6 in a row. Over the monster in center with his last one.

18 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Just made it 6 in a row. Over the monster in center with his last one.

He's homered 7 times in 6 games. Those are video game numbers. Texas is now #3 in the rankings behind Arkansas and Vandy.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

He's homered 7 times in 6 games. Those are video game numbers. Texas is now #3 in the rankings behind Arkansas and Vandy.

IDK if this team is #3, but they are starting to put it all together.  They were mostly winning with pitching and defense, but the hitting lately has been on fire.  Now I know they haven't faced stellar pitching as of late, but the K-State Friday night starter is a projected 1st rounder and they got to him pretty good and the closer.  Still have OK State, Tech, and TCU and 2/3 those series are away.