38 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I used to love watching the playoffs and finals. About 10 years ago it became must not watch tv unless the Mavs are in it. NBA does nothing for me.

I had NBA Jam on Super NES and liked a lot of those players and teams back then.  Bulls of course, the Rockets teams that won the two titles.  Last time I really watched was that Kings team that should have beat the Lakers in 7 games.  Think I watched the Spurs in the finals back in 07?  Haven't gave a rip about it since.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

College sports are way better than pro.  

Texas fans on this board get no more excited about happenings in Austin than Aggie fans on this board do about happenings in College Station. I was initially happy with the hiring of Strong because I

It's been a helluva year for Texas athletics... in a good way. Women's Tennis wins the National Championship.    With Texas baseball winning the big 12 on Saturday, that makes 13 Big 12 ch

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I definitely enjoy watching softball a lot. It’s a faster pace.  
can you find those numbers?  I’d be interested in seeing them also. 

The men’s College World Series averaged 755,000 viewers on the ESPN family of networks, down 32% from the last time the event was held in 2019 (1.11M). 
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/

This year’s Women’s College World Series (WCWS) NCAA Softball Championship was the most-viewed ever, averaging 1,203,000 viewers, up 10% over the 2019 WCWS. The three-game Championship Series between No. 1 Oklahoma and No.10 Florida State averaged 1,840,000 viewers, up 15% over the 2019 Championship Series.

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2021/06/18/ratings-roundup-most-viewed-womens-college-world-series-in-history-averages-1-2-million-viewers-numbers-from-the-2021-nba-playoffs/

The 2021 NCAA men's basketball championship game attracted an average of 16.9 million viewers to CBS Sports on Monday

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/06/ncaa-2021-final-four-championship-ratings-mens-down-14percent-womens-up.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The men’s College World Series averaged 755,000 viewers on the ESPN family of networks, down 32% from the last time the event was held in 2019 (1.11M). 
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/07/college-world-series-ratings-decline-espn-mlb-uefa-euros/

This year’s Women’s College World Series (WCWS) NCAA Softball Championship was the most-viewed ever, averaging 1,203,000 viewers, up 10% over the 2019 WCWS. The three-game Championship Series between No. 1 Oklahoma and No.10 Florida State averaged 1,840,000 viewers, up 15% over the 2019 Championship Series.

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2021/06/18/ratings-roundup-most-viewed-womens-college-world-series-in-history-averages-1-2-million-viewers-numbers-from-the-2021-nba-playoffs/

The 2021 NCAA men's basketball championship game attracted an average of 16.9 million viewers to CBS Sports on Monday

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/06/ncaa-2021-final-four-championship-ratings-mens-down-14percent-womens-up.html

Wow, I stlll like baseball better

• Thanks 1

I am one of the odd balls that loves college baseball. I prefer all college sports to pro sports, but now that may change with all the NIL stuff. Honestly I like watching golf more than anything since they're actually paid based on how they perform that week. But like everything it is all opinion based and I don't care what others think. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

I am one of the odd balls that loves college baseball. I prefer all college sports to pro sports, but now that may change with all the NIL stuff. Honestly I like watching golf more than anything since they're actually paid based on how they perform that week. But like everything it is all opinion based and I don't care what others think. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

100% agree. I like HS and College better than pro. 

• Like 3

College basketball was ruined for me when they started the 1 and done rule. I don't like seeing new rosters each year, or watching someone play knowing that they are here for a year then gone. It's just hard for me to invest.

I do like college basketball X's and O's though. Watching the NBA is like watching a pickup game at your local LA Fitness. 

College baseball, or baseball in general, is my favorite sport to watch. It's boring, but I just like the pureness and parody of the game. That's what makes it watchable for me.

I’d watch any sport over basketball at any level. 
I’ll play some basketball but watching it is a hard pass for me. 

I watched a lot of CWS and WCWS. I think if college softball and baseball were on more often the sports would become much more popular. I think that with college volleyball too. Other than the tournament college basketball is meh and the NBA is unwatchable unless you like certain individuals. 

19 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Trying to Texas their California . Doesn’t have the same ring to it as the opposite.

Generally speaking I would much rather have Texans moving to California than the other way around.

• Like 3

They realize Texas’ whole coaching staff basically got fired because the play of those guys right lol?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They realize Texas’ whole coaching staff basically got fired because the play of those guys right lol?

Only a matter of time until SC fires Helton and brings in Herman lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Would that be an upgrade? I mean the kissing part might be better for them.

Honesly no idea. I'm surprised they didn't can Helton 2 years ago...

24 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Texas Football predicts the Horns will lose the 1st game of the season.  Who would have thought that ?

I doubt that but you never know . Texas has lost a few first games.

4 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Texas Football predicts the Horns will lose the 1st game of the season.  Who would have thought that ?

ULL isnt a bad team but I still don't see them losing. 

What are Texas fans expectations for this year? Like gun to your head you've gotta predict the season what is your number. Not best/worst case but your real predictions. 

28 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

They will play better team in week 1 than they will in week 2 though you won’t know it by how they talk about each game.

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They will play better team in week 1 than they will in week 2 though you won’t know it by how they talk about each game.

I think they have a better chance at getting beat by Arkansas than ULL.

• Like 1

I think ULL is better than Arkansas and I am a little anxious about that game, straight up. 

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

ULL isnt a bad team but I still don't see them losing. 

What are Texas fans expectations for this year? Like gun to your head you've gotta predict the season what is your number. Not best/worst case but your real predictions. 

I could see them winning every game but OU and ISU. Those are toss ups to me. TCU seems to have Texas' number but I think Texas is the better team there. I predict 10-2, so realistically 9-3

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I could see them winning every game but OU and ISU. Those are toss ups to me. TCU seems to have Texas' number but I think Texas is the better team there. I predict 10-2, so realistically 9-3

This is where I'm at.  I think they win all the home games.  TCU/OU/ISU/Arky games on road will determine what the record will be.  West Virginia is on the road, but I think Texas wins that one.

ULL and Arky are good tests to open the year.  Both return nearly the entire starting lineups on both sides.  While ULL did beat ISU last year, they played a lot of close games in conference against the likes of Georgia Southern, UTSA, Georgia State, ect.  

ULL and Arky were really bad against the run last year (nearly 200 yards per game against) so I'd expect a heavy dose of Bijan, Rojo, and the Alabama transfer with Play Action mixed in.  

Just ready for normal football with full stands to be back.  

• Thanks 1