Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Thats a ridiculous statement lol

Does LSU want to beat Texas its first year in the SEC? Of course. Does it want to beat Texas more than bama? Hell no. Beating Texas is no more meaningful than beating A&M to LSU at this point. Beating Bama on the other hand, is crucial to getting to the sec title in the current format. Until Texas comes into the sec and wins consistently, they will not be any contenders biggest game. That is and will continue to be bama/georgia. 

There is absolutely a difference in being someone's biggest game and having a game circled. 

No it's not ridiculous. It's a matter of perspective. Like I said if you're the target your view of things is different.

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

No it's not ridiculous. It's a matter of perspective. Like I said if you're the target your view of things is different.

Just so I'm understanding you.... 

You think that Texas is the biggest game on everyone's schedule year 1 in the sec? 

You are implying that every team cares more about beating Texas than beating  Bama or Georgia? Is that what you're trying to say? 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Just so I'm understanding you.... 

You think that Texas is the biggest game on everyone's schedule year 1 in the sec? 

You are implying that every team cares more about beating Texas than beating  Bama or Georgia? Is that what you're trying to say? 

I'm not saying the biggest but it is meaningful in every aspect. One of the biggest brands in football and seen as arrogant to boot? Yea, teams will get up for that.

Just now, Baron said:

I'm not saying the biggest but it is meaningful in every aspect. One of the biggest brands in football and seen as arrogant to boot? Yea, teams will get up for that.

Of course they will get up for that. But there's a difference. The statement was Texas is everyone's biggest game. I disagree and said there's a difference in a team getting up to play you vs being a teams biggest game. You said there was no difference... 

I'm glad we agree there is a difference now. 

But one thing you should probably get use to if you re going to play in the sec is there are LOTS of games with targets. I think you'll find that LSU needs to have many games circled to win a title. So does everyone else. This isn't the big 12 where Texas and OU are the only legitimate "big fish" and everyone storms the field after beating them. 

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Of course they will get up for that. But there's a difference. The statement was Texas is everyone's biggest game. I disagree and said there's a difference in a team getting up to play you vs being a teams biggest game. You said there was no difference... 

I'm glad we agree there is a difference now. 

But one thing you should probably get use to if you re going to play in the sec is there are LOTS of games with targets. I think you'll find that LSU needs to have many games circled to win a title. So does everyone else. This isn't the big 12 where Texas and OU are the only legitimate "big fish" and everyone storms the field after beating them. 

Whatever. It's your argumentative history that tells me otherwise.

Let's just let this play out and see who is right.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baron said:

Whatever. It's your argumentative history that tells me otherwise.

Let's just let this play out and see who is right.

Dude... Don't be a tool. 

You made two conflicting statements and I asked for clarification. You then proceeded to acknowledge what i said was correct despite you saying the opposite initially. If anyone is argumentative here its you. 

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Dude... Don't be a tool. 

You made two conflicting statements and I asked for clarification. You then proceeded to acknowledge what i said was correct despite you saying the opposite initially. If anyone is argumentative here its you. 

I'm a tool? I move my argument a little towards your side and I'm making conflicting statements? I've tried to be diplomatic but you apparently thought name calling was the next step in this conversation. 

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I'm a tool? I move my argument a little towards your side and I'm making conflicting statements? I've tried to be diplomatic but you apparently thought name calling was the next step in this conversation. 

Yes you make conflicting statements. I said there was a difference. You said there was no difference. I asked you a direct question and you then admit there is a difference but throw a backhanded comment about me being argumentative simply because I questioned your statement... Thats a tool move. I'm not name calling. I'm saying your actions were toolish. 

You say I'm being argumentative but wouldn't it just be easier to admit I was right? You literally proved my point for for me that there was a difference. I'm not even sure you understand your own argument at this point let alone have the position to say I'm being argumentative...

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes you make conflicting statements. I said there was a difference. You said there was no difference. I asked you a direct question and you then admit there is a difference but throw a backhanded comment about me being argumentative simply because I questioned your statement... Thats a tool move. I'm not name calling. I'm saying your actions were toolish. 

You say I'm being argumentative but wouldn't it just be easier to admit I was right? You literally proved my point for for me that there was a difference. I'm not even sure you understand your own argument at this point let alone have the position to say I'm being argumentative...

1. You questioned my statement so I guess that makes you a tool as well

2. You seem to be a fairly narcissistic individual. You are right no matter what.

3. We could probably take this to PM's. The rest of the board doesn't need to hear an aggy's (yes, that was a shot) whining about a disagreement.

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

2. You seem to be a fairly narcissistic individual. You are right no matter what.

3. We could probably take this to PM's. The rest of the board doesn't need to hear an aggy's (yes, that was a shot) whining about a disagreement.

👍

48 minutes ago, Baron said:

I was enjoying the conversation 

On 8/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, WETSU said:

@MavGrad99Settle this for us... As an LSU fan is Texas your biggest game on your schedule? Do you believe there is a difference in the biggest game vs a game that is circled?

Alabama until they suck.

EDIT:  this is how most LSU fans feel and will feel until Saban is gone.  

Circled games will be games that matter expectedly or not.  

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Every time I read something about the newcomers seems like Byron Murphy's name is always the first one mentioned.  Not sure how much he'll play this year as Texas is pretty deep at DT, but he looks like Roy Miller.

BCA1A793-D865-4935-BF3A-6BBB888EAAA0.thumb.jpeg.aef8a872b838b295953a487568415af2.jpeg

Yes he does

Derek Kerstetter has completely recovered from the ankle injury at the end of last year and has had no set backs or limitations and is back at Right Tackle.  Could be huge for the OL as he was really good two years ago at Right Tackle before being moved to Center last year.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, Red90fly said:

Derek Kerstetter has completely recovered from the ankle injury at the end of last year and has had no set backs or limitations and is back at Right Tackle.  Could be huge for the OL as he was really good two years ago at Right Tackle before being moved to Center last year.

Hopefully he quits hitting people late just standing around the pile after a tackle and costing us 15 yard personal foul penalties every third game. 

On 8/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, Red90fly said:

Texas arguably has the best depth on the O-line in several years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mr. P locked this topic