Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t care what Sark has done as an OC. People need to let that go. Look what he’s done as a HC! Two different P5 jobs, and he was awful at both. Some coaches are simply better suited as coordinators. 

66879B48-4757-40E7-829B-8435FE9404BA.jpeg

And those were good P5 jobs...

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This was a extremely underwhelming hire as expected. All the talk about Urban Meyer and Brian Kelly and ending up with Sark is a kick in the Nads. 

Brian Kelly would be a terrible hire. Urban isn't going anywhere, so this is more of a "realistic" choice than anything really. 

Just for information sake why do you think Campbell and Franklin are better.  I saw where you said throw some money at freeze who I also like as a play caller btw but what makes those names better than sark.  Wouldn't freeze be on the same level as far as records and baggage? Just curious what would give the other names an edge.

Just now, oldschool32 said:

Just for information sake why do you think Campbell and Franklin are better.  I saw where you said throw some money at freeze who I also like as a play caller btw but what makes those names better than sark.  Wouldn't freeze be on the same level as far as records and baggage? Just curious what would give the other names an edge.

Franklin and Campbell are better hires for Texas IMO because of their style. Both of them are guys that get the most out of what they have. They have won with poorly talented teams and Franklin has show capable of.doing it at a big time program as well. 

Sark went 34-29 in 4 years at Washington and had a 9 win season at USC then fired halfway through another 9 win season... He just doesn't move the needle any more than Herman from a production standpoint. As was said, EVERYONE does well at bama under Saban. At least Franklin, Campbell and Freeze have done a little more as a HC than Sark has.

Like I said, just a vastly underwhelming hire from a program that considers itself a top 5 job in the country. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Franklin and Campbell are better hires for Texas IMO because of their style. Both of them are guys that get the most out of what they have. They have won with poorly talented teams and Franklin has show capable of.doing it at a big time program as well. 

Sark went 34-29 in 4 years at Washington and had a 9 win season at USC then fired halfway through another 9 win season... He just doesn't move the needle any more than Herman from a production standpoint. As was said, EVERYONE does well at bama under Saban. At least Franklin, Campbell and Freeze have done a little more as a HC than Sark has.

Like I said, just a vastly underwhelming hire from a program that considers itself a top 5 job in the country. 

To you it’s an underwhelming hire. I’ve seen several CFB analyst say it’s a good hire. 
I personally wanted Kelly but I can be talked into the Sark hire if he makes good staff hires. 

• Like 1

Just curious why did UT extend his contract when he was kind of on the hot seat?  College football should make a rule against these long term contracts.  It should be against NCAA rules to have longer than a a 2 year contract.  The buyout should only be half of what is left on the contract that can’t be more than 2 years.  This would save millions of dollars that should be going to college athletics.

12 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

To you it’s an underwhelming hire. I’ve seen several CFB analyst say it’s a good hire. 
I personally wanted Kelly but I can be talked into the Sark hire if he makes good staff hires. 

To most people that watch college football it’s a hire that’s done if your top 15 list turned you down.  If you’re hiring a coach with baggage you hire one with problems that won’t resurface with large amounts of pressure.  Hugh freeze screwed up by breaking recruiting rules.  That’s stuff you can keep an eye on.  Sark is an alcoholic.  That demon is hard to bury for life.  Some do it successfully but not with the pressure that the head coach at Texas will endure.  If Sark is actually hired this will prove to be as bad as Charlie strong 

Soooo, does any here have any legit info? Right now social media is a dumpster fire of speculation, old Tweets about Herman, and memes. 

Is there anything solid at this point? Is it Sark or what? And if it isn't Sark, why the hell is UT dragging this out? The announcement of Herman's firing should've immediately been followed up with the announcement of the new guy. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Valid point of view im not sold on Campbell yet just doesn't seem like a fit in the south.  Franklin is ok I just get the same feeling with him neither seem made for this area.  My 1a and 1b years ago were Saban and jimbo i couldn't for the life of me figure out why Texas went the route they did after Saban said no.  A&M went after jimbo years after Texas should have and its paying off for their program.  When I sit back now and look at coaches who are on that level im sorry they don't exist for me.  Kelly doesn't do it for me at all urban wouldve been interesting to see because of his track record.  However based on what they had to choose from after urban said no it was going to be underwhelming regardless and at this point im happy to see Herman gone.  When Sam called him out for playing not to lose instead of playing to win that spoke volumes of his tenure it was definitely time for a change.

I really like what Saban said about Sark when asked before the game against ND. He always has an answer for the players when they have a question. Whether it is about a play call or how they do something. He does not just say do it because I said do it. Ha always has a good answer and relates well with all the players. I think Texas needs that right now. More than anything, ever who Texas hires, it would be nice if everyone would get behind the hire and get on the same page to start with. Charlie Strong did not stand a chance from the start. Certain boosters made sure of that. Until everybody is rowing in the same direction it is tough to get where Texas wants to get.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Just curious why did UT extend his contract when he was kind of on the hot seat?  College football should make a rule against these long term contracts.  It should be against NCAA rules to have longer than a a 2 year contract.  The buyout should only be half of what is left on the contract that can’t be more than 2 years.  This would save millions of dollars that should be going to college athletics.

They extended Herman after he beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

21 minutes ago, LOL said:

Soooo, does any here have any legit info? Right now social media is a dumpster fire of speculation, old Tweets about Herman, and memes. 

Is there anything solid at this point? Is it Sark or what? And if it isn't Sark, why the hell is UT dragging this out? The announcement of Herman's firing should've immediately been followed up with the announcement of the new guy. 

The Inside Texas have said it’s Sark and they have a post up about his potential staff hires. 

They were the only ones that were right about the coaching change and they had Sark and Kelly as the tier 2 candidates after Urban. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

To most people that watch college football it’s a hire that’s done if your top 15 list turned you down.  If you’re hiring a coach with baggage you hire one with problems that won’t resurface with large amounts of pressure.  Hugh freeze screwed up by breaking recruiting rules.  That’s stuff you can keep an eye on.  Sark is an alcoholic.  That demon is hard to bury for life.  Some do it successfully but not with the pressure that the head coach at Texas will endure.  If Sark is actually hired this will prove to be as bad as Charlie strong 

Well you’d be wrong because plenty of people that get paid to watch and talk about college football are saying it’s a good hire. 

• Mr. P locked this topic