👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

18 minutes ago, Stoney said:

He'll either go the Javonne Shepherd route or transfer out to UH, Texas State, something like that.  To many signs adding up from being in the stands at a home game instead of dressing out, to a transfer portal rumor, and now this.

38 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

He'll either go the Javonne Shepherd route or transfer out to UH, Texas State, something like that.  To many signs adding up from being in the stands at a home game instead of dressing out, to a transfer portal rumor, and now this.

From the rumors I’ve heard, unless those schools have a “no class attendance” policy he might not wind up there either.

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

I doubt we'll ever see Dumas in an Aggie jersey again - we barely saw him last year. I don't even recall if he caught a pass.

He didnt catch any. Was targeted once on an overthrown ball if I recall be didnt officially record a stat. 

And you're right I'm afraid. Which makes me want to break something... Jimbo will need to get more out of his WRs if he expects to take the next step. You simply cannot keep up with Bama and Ohio st with just a running game and a few 3rd down conversations to a TE. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yalls spring game was Saturday right? How did King look? 

He was fine. Had a lot of dropped balls from the receivers that really limited his stats. Two dropped passes in stride that were likely TDs and then a 3rd TD that the WR ran the wrong route. King threw to the front flag and the WR ran to the back flag. Easy 6 if they were on the same page. 

All in all he looked like the starter to me. He took all his reps with the 1's and was decent. They really passed essentially every down just to get the qbs some work since we know what spiller can do. King will look a lot better when he can use the running game and play action. 

• Thanks 1

That said, its not quite over if King doesn't have a good summer and fall camp. Calzada has a very strong arm and can make throws that King cannot at this point. Ball security will be his issue. 

Basically though just watching the game and the way Jimbo coached each guy, i just felt like Jimbo has taken Haynes "under his wing" more and quietly treats him like the starter IMO. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Like a poster on 247 said, there's almost no point in following recruiting anymore. 

That is why I believe there should still be a rule in place limiting the transfers of freshmen, and inter-division/conference (if no divisions).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Like a poster on 247 said, there's almost no point in following recruiting anymore. 

That's the point I'm getting to. I ain't celebrating any more recruits 'til they're drafted by the NFL.  :lol:

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Never have followed recruiting seriously.  My cares completely went away years ago once social media became a thing and the players became minor celebrities during the recruiting process.  Plus, who is to know who will live up to the hype?

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Supposed to talk with Texas staff tonight.  Supposedly as a LB or HB type, not WR.  Is he a flake?  Honestly know nothing about him.

North Shore kid. Kind of odd to be going home on the weekends instead of building relationships with teammates. Kid physically could play LB, RB and WR. It’s just a weird situation.

6 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I want to see the original tweet by Leon O'Neal about it. He deleted it but came back and defended what he said in a thoughtful manner. Leon has grown up A LOT. 

0AB3439F-DC46-4521-B561-237C12FC7406.jpeg

Was it this one?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stoney said:

9EAF1806-F3EE-4FF2-B730-A1B0AB508AEE.png

Still heavy on the twitter fingers, but this is a guy that has grown up a TON and is a real leader on the team now. His on the field play is good. Now he is adding this maturity and these leadership traits. Dude is going to ball out this year. 

He is still going to run his mouth on the field, but he backs it up and the guys on the team back him up as well now. Leal commented on the second post agreeing with Leon...

10 hours ago, topher805 said:

Still heavy on the twitter fingers, but this is a guy that has grown up a TON and is a real leader on the team now. His on the field play is good. Now he is adding this maturity and these leadership traits. Dude is going to ball out this year. 

He is still going to run his mouth on the field, but he backs it up and the guys on the team back him up as well now. Leal commented on the second post agreeing with Leon...

Leon’s impressed me. I didn’t think his bravado would work at A&M and he’d be gone after a year or two. He’s matured but still has some Leon left in his game lol. Him sticking around A&M as long as he has was probably the best thing for him.

• Mr. P locked this topic