👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Whoever did this did a heck of a job. Oh yeah, Peevy’s coming back.

That video makes it seem like there are several expected to return as well. Would not be shocked at all to see buddy johnson back. He is best friends with Buckley who is staying so maybe there's some other pieces in play. 

• Like 1

Rumor making the rounds today. Lance Zierlein is hearing in scouting talk that 2 of the 3 senior lineman will be back. Dan Moore, Jared Hocker, Carson Green. Assumption is Ryan McCollum is gone. 

LT- Dan Moore

LG- Kenyon Green

C- 

RG- Jared Hocker

RT- Carson Green

You lose Moore, Kenyon Green can bounce out to LT. Layden Robinson can slide into LG. Right side remains intact. Who fills C?

You lose Hocker, Layden Robinson slides into RG. Your left side of the line remains intact. Who fills in C?

You lose Carson Green, could Layden Robinson slide to C and Blake Trainor/Chris Morris(still on team?)/ JUCO pickup take over RT? Left side remains intact.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Man. If we lose those linemen, I see us taking a slight step back next season with 2022 being a big year. If those guys stay, we could have another strong team next year. 

Also depends on if Kellen stays. 

Kellen is gone I think. I have know the district manager of the U haul locations in the College station area and he said Mond has already taken his stuff back home to San antonio. 

Also, look at that embrace with Fisher after the bowl. That wasn't emotion from winning the game, that was emotion from playing your last game. 

Serious question,

I was having a conversation with an Aggie friend of mine the other day regarding the likelihood of players returning/leaving. One thing he shared with me, was in his opinion, majority of the Senior starters, particularly on the OL, are not players that would be a loss if they leave. He went on to say that the young players behind them are even better. I pointed out the benefit of experience, and especially how impactful that is on the OL. He still said he'd be fine if they all leave, because the more of them that stay, the longer before the players with better talent get on the field. 

So my question for you all, is would you rather the experience return, or do you agree that the talent sitting behind them is potentially better, and you'd rather give them their chance?

19 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Serious question,

I was having a conversation with an Aggie friend of mine the other day regarding the likelihood of players returning/leaving. One thing he shared with me, was in his opinion, majority of the Senior starters, particularly on the OL, are not players that would be a loss if they leave. He went on to say that the young players behind them are even better. I pointed out the benefit of experience, and especially how impactful that is on the OL. He still said he'd be fine if they all leave, because the more of them that stay, the longer before the players with better talent get on the field. 

So my question for you all, is would you rather the experience return, or do you agree that the talent sitting behind them is potentially better, and you'd rather give them their chance?

It depends on at what position/positions leave. If McCollum leaves that’s a huge position to fill. Center is the brains of the line. Is Luke Mathews healthy enough to start? If not and a young guy does, I’d like to surround him with some veterans if possible. Kenyon Green and Jared Hocker would be great but Layden Robinson could slide into Hocker’s spot and possibly be an upgrade. Bryce Foster is a stud. Could he pull a Kenyon Green and start as a true freshman? After that it’s moving pieces. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

It depends on at what position/positions leave. If McCollum leaves that’s a huge position to fill. Center is the brains of the line. Is Luke Mathews healthy enough to start? If not and a young guy does, I’d like to surround him with some veterans if possible. Kenyon Green and Jared Hocker would be great but Layden Robinson could slide into Hocker’s spot and possibly be an upgrade. Bryce Foster is a stud. Could he pull a Kenyon Green and start as a true freshman? After that it’s moving pieces. 

Foster will start Imo. He's already stronger and more physically ready than most the guys on the team. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Foster will start Imo. He's already stronger and more physically ready than most the guys on the team. 

Is he an early enrollee? Wonder if he could slide in at center if Green stayed at guard, meaning Moore came back? 

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Is he an early enrollee? Wonder if he could slide in at center if Green stayed at guard, meaning Moore came back? 

He has played center most of thia season, but he's too good at guard to play center IMO. Green being older would likely slide to center and put Foster at guard where he's protected in in between two experienced players. Thats using your assumption moore returns. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He has played center most of thia season, but he's too good at guard to play center IMO. Green being older would likely slide to center and put Foster at guard where he's protected in in between two experienced players. Thats using your assumption moore returns. 

Have you heard anything on Luke Mathews? Is it injuries? Just waiting his turn behind Prater and McCollum?

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Have you heard anything on Luke Mathews? Is it injuries? Just waiting his turn behind Prater and McCollum?

Saw someone say on the boards it was a collar bone injury and he will be good to go for spring ball but idk for sure. He was not near as college ready as his brothers and he's still fairly young and battled injuries for two seasons. Still plenty of time for him to make a move he just wasn't physically good enough to beat out any of the guys much older than him. He may never pan out but I think he gets a legit shot at Center next year if Ryan leaves. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Man. If we lose those linemen, I see us taking a slight step back next season with 2022 being a big year. If those guys stay, we could have another strong team next year. 

Also depends on if Kellen stays. 

You don’t want to wait until 2022. Next year you have BAMA completely rebuilding the offense (you can thank Texas for that), LSU rebuilding everything, and Auburn in year one of a new coaching staff. With the skill kids they have coming back, 2021 should be the best chance for the Aggies to win the west. 

On 1/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, WETSU said:

I think he will as well. Especially because I think King is much more willing to pull the trigger and trust his guys. 

Yep, totally. In fact, the main "criticism" I expect King to face next year will be taking too many chances downfield. He may indeed have a high interception rate next season, but he'll also have some big plays too. I'm looking forward to it. 

8 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

As long as he gets an oline like Mond has then looks promising. I assume he more drop back pro style kinda of guy. Does he run much the offense will be different.

Very mobile. I'll bet he ends his career with better rushing stats than Mond, barring the unforeseen. 

22 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Serious question,

Thats a position by position thing... On the oline and any defensive starter I want them back. 

But I want Mond gone. The offense has peaked with him and its not enough to beat the big boys. Need that experience everywhere else to help King during his learning curve. You make get a few more INTs or sacks, but you'll get much more in return to negate that from him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Oh that is promising. Similar to Mond or drastically different? 

Very different. Mond is just a athlete that plays qb. The position is not natural to him. You can see this by how many missed reads he has and how he's nearly late on every through. He is having to think too much. King is a natural QB. Next season you'll see him.make decisions and process things faster than mond and you'll be like "how in the hell was mond a 4 year starter for us."

King will have his ups and downs but he's going to be better for the offense in both the short term and long term IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Very different. Mond is just a athlete that plays qb. The position is not natural to him. You can see this by how many missed reads he has and how he's nearly late on every through. He is having to think too much. King is a natural QB. Next season you'll see him.make decisions and process things faster than mond and you'll be like "how in the hell was mond a 4 year starter for us."

King will have his ups and downs but he's going to be better for the offense in both the short term and long term IMO. 

Mond was an excellent game manager. He was super conservative with the ball. His biggest strength was also his biggest weakness. I feel like he grew a ton, but was afraid to make mistakes and that fear got worse as he went along. 

I think King will be fantastic, but there will be definite growing pains. I almost feel like catching Alabama early with King would be better. Less tape for Saban to dissect...

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic