👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

45CEF532-7BDC-4490-A52E-E391423621F9.jpeg

For a team breaking in a new QB and o-line that’s a nice 5 game start before getting Bama. 

Outside of Bama' ya'll should win the home games.  @ Missouri a week after Bama' could be sneaky, I've seen nearly all the Srs. on that team are coming back with COVID rule.  @ Ole Miss could be tough.

• Like 1

Idk. Defense should be good. Blades, Myles Jones, Hansford, Clemons, Tyree Johnson coming back. The youngsters getting another year in the program to grow. I’m curious to see how the o-line looks in the spring compared to the fall. Will there be a grad transfer in? I’ll go a 8-4 floor with a shot at 10 if things progress.

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Idk. Defense should be good. Blades, Myles Jones, Hansford, Clemons, Tyree Johnson coming back. The youngsters getting another year in the program to grow. I’m curious to see how the o-line looks in the spring compared to the fall. Will there be a grad transfer in? I’ll go a 8-4 floor with a shot at 10 if things progress.

Haynes King is a winner.  Paired with a great defense they’ll be salty.  You’re letting the past make you not as confident.  This team will be in the playoff talks again easily.

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Haynes King is a winner.  Paired with a great defense they’ll be salty.  You’re letting the past make you not as confident.  This team will be in the playoff talks again easily.

Not sure if you're trolling or not but I agree. This team will be a top 10 caliber defensive unit. That alone will be enough to win all but one or two games. The difference in 10-2 or 12-0 is how much King progresses. They won't beat bama with just defense and running game. King will have to make plays. If he does, A&M can hang with anyone in the country next season. I really love the veteran leadership the defense brought back and it should pay huge dividends while King gets his lumps. 

2 minutes ago, LOL said:

Jesus...  Haynes is gonna be a Heisman candidate by Week 4. 

Nah. He's going to have his licks. 

What I'm.curious about is jimbo and his play calling. We all know he used all the clock and played at a snails pace in order to protect from asking mond to have to win a shootout. Will he handle king the same way? Will he operate a faster pace and give King a chance to really open up the offense?

25 minutes ago, LOL said:

Jesus...  Haynes is gonna be a Heisman candidate by Week 4. 

Mond put up 2,282 yards with 19tds and 3 ints. 207 yards passing per game. 1.7 passing td per game. If King can be that, while not turning the ball over, A&M has shown it can win with that type of production. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Mond put up 2,282 yards with 19tds and 3 ints. 207 yards passing per game. 1.7 passing td per game. If King can be that, while not turning the ball over, A&M has shown it can win with that type of production. 

Really hope Baylor Cupp is healthy enough we can see two TEs on the field to help out. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Really hope Baylor Cupp is healthy enough we can see two TEs on the field to help out. 

Just one game if nothing else. Just once I want to see him and Wydermeyer out there together. That’s not too much to ask for. 

16 hours ago, Stoney said:

45CEF532-7BDC-4490-A52E-E391423621F9.jpeg

For a team breaking in a new QB and o-line that’s a nice 5 game start before getting Bama. 

Outside of Alabama who do they lose to?  I see LSU being competitive this year, but that schedule looks like cake.  Even for a new QB.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Outside of Alabama who do they lose to?  I see LSU being competitive this year, but that schedule looks like cake.  Even for a new QB.

I'm not sold they lose to bama 😉

But this definitely a 10-2 floor even with breaking in a new qb thanks to the amount of defense returning. I mean 20 of 22 of the two deep on defense is back and that was already an impressive group. They will definitely ease some first year starter QB woes. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

But this definitely a 10-2 floor even with breaking in a new qb thanks to the amount of defense returning. I mean 20 of 22 of the two deep on defense is back and that was already an impressive group. They will definitely ease some first year starter QB woes. 

Who would that 2nd loss come to if any?  It would have to be LSU (doubtful) or Ole Miss (even more doubtful) right?

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Who would that 2nd loss come to if any?  It would have to be LSU (doubtful) or Ole Miss (even more doubtful) right?

With a inexperienced QB and oline anything is possible. Nearly every team in the west is capable of beating you if you lose the turnover battle by 2+. Agreed that nobody but Bama is a favorite but far better teams have dropped games they shouldn't. At this point the 2nd loss is more of hedging bets that "aggy gonna aggy" and find a way to drop one they shouldn't. 

I personally think they go 11-1 but its by beating bama and losing to someone else, but that's just a hunch. 

57 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If the Aggie line gives him any kind of protection, he can meet/exceed those numbers.

Haynes is a born gunslinger, who loves taking shots downfield. If his receivers can catch, he'll absolutely torch most secondaries. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

With a inexperienced QB and oline anything is possible. Nearly every team in the west is capable of beating you if you lose the turnover battle by 2+. Agreed that nobody but Bama is a favorite but far better teams have dropped games they shouldn't. At this point the 2nd loss is more of hedging bets that "aggy gonna aggy" and find a way to drop one they shouldn't. 

I personally think they go 11-1 but its by beating bama and losing to someone else, but that's just a hunch. 

The team I find most intriguing for the '21 season, is Ole Miss. They finished 5-5 in '20, but were very competitive in their losses. 

Against LSU (and I know LSU was down), they turned the ball over 6 times, and still only lost by 5.

Against Florida, they put up 613 yards and 35 points

Against Bama, they put up 647 yards, 48 points (the most against Bama in '20), and was within 3 halfway through the 4th quarter. 

Against Auburn, they lost the turnover battle 2-0 (to your point above), and lost by only 7. 

Their worst loss, Arkansas, they turned the ball over 7 times, with Arkansas returning two interceptions for TD's. Ole Miss lost by 12. 

They are losing their top WR and TE, along with an OT, but everyone else returns on offense.

Similarly on defense, they are losing just a couple of starters, with everyone else returning. 

If they can improve on defense, Ole Miss could be the one to watch out for in the West.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

The team I find most intriguing for the '21 season, is Ole Miss. They finished 5-5 in '20, but were very competitive in their losses. 

Against LSU (and I know LSU was down), they turned the ball over 6 times, and still only lost by 5.

Against Bama, they put up 647 yards, 48 points (the most against Bama in '20), and was within 3 halfway through the 4th quarter. 

Against Auburn, they lost the turnover battle 2-0 (to your point above), and lost by only 7. 

Their worst loss, Arkansas, they turned the ball over 7 times, with Arkansas returning two interceptions for TD's. Ole Miss lost by 12. 

They are losing their top WR and TE, along with an OT, but everyone else returns on offense.

Similarly on defense, they are losing just a couple of starters, with everyone else returning. 

If they can improve on defense, Ole Miss could be the one to watch out for in the West.

TheIr offense is the best in the sec next season. You are absolutely correct in highlighting them. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

The A&M defense is very solid and can be leaned on, especially early to let King get his bearings.

We’ll see! Could be a fun year in Aggieland.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, Lobo97 said:

I agree, and I would also say keep an eye out for Arkansas. I don't expect them to be in the mix in the West, but I do expect them to win some games they normally wouldn't.

• Mr. P locked this topic