👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

Just now, DB2point0 said:

I remember it well.  There was a QBU picture and all....  

I saw that picture recently. Somebody posted it after Tathan said he was transferring from the U. Not getting that kid was probably the biggest bullet we’ve dodged recruiting wise. 

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

There it is Stoney 

37C92EB8-9163-423D-8779-B620CFC4AEF8.jpeg

Billy Luicci 😂. If you believe in the multiverse theory, somewhere out there is a universe where A&M kept either Allen or Murray. Also means Sumlin lasted longer at A&M. Scary stuff.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

It is still crazy to me how much A&M ###### up the Kyler Murray thing. It should have been a slam dunk.

Kevin Murray was a major problem. He strong armed his aggie ties and promises were made regarding playing time when Kyler wasn't ready. It was a doomed partnership from the beginning.

But as mentioned above, had it worked out sumlin probably would have rode kyler to just enough success to stay around but never enough to really matter. I personally choose to see Kyle and Kyler leaving as a blessing more than a curse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Kevin Murray was a major problem. He strong armed his aggie ties and promises were made regarding playing time when Kyler wasn't ready. It was a doomed partnership from the beginning.

But as mentioned above, had it worked out sumlin probably would have rode kyler to just enough success to stay around but never enough to really matter. I personally choose to see Kyle and Kyler leaving as a blessing more than a curse. 

When the transfer happened I never expected Murray to play a game at QB for Oklahoma. 

I wanted Kyle Allen.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 5:13 PM, Valhalla said:

When the transfer happened I never expected Murray to play a game at QB for Oklahoma. 

I wanted Kyle Allen.

It's okay. If you search the Smoaky archives you'll find posts from me laughing about the Baker Mayfield transfer. I believe I said something like he'll only see the field as a holder, or in mop-up time. 
:lol: 

6 hours ago, LOL said:

It's okay. If you search the Smoaky archives you'll find posts from me laughing about the Baker Mayfield transfer. I believe I said something like he'll only see the field as a holder, or in mop-up time. 
:lol: 

That’s ok.  I get enough to right to make up for all of your wrongs

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I read this morning that King had the fastest 40, best long jump and best vertical on the entire team at the start of the spring semester. Very impressive. He's being talked about very highly by people around the program. 

He could be the next Bucky Richardson if he keeps this up!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

He could be the next Bucky Richardson if he keeps this up!

Bucky was a hell of a player. He's one of those guys that I would have loved to see in today's offenses. His athletic ability was largely wasted in that offense despite his very good numbers. If King can replicate that level of success A&M will be very solid for the next few years. I personally think King has a higher ceiling. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

I read this morning that King had the fastest 40, best long jump and best vertical on the entire team at the start of the spring semester. Very impressive. He's being talked about very highly by people around the program. 

The fastest 40?!!

I knew he was fast, but I’d have thought one of the RB’s or DB’s, etc would be faster.

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

I'm assuming this is by position, right? The fastest 40 among the QBs? 

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Bucky was a hell of a player. He's one of those guys that I would have loved to see in today's offenses. His athletic ability was largely wasted in that offense despite his very good numbers... 

Never was an Aggie fan, but I was totally a Bucky fan back in the day. Could you imagine him in a modern zone-read Spread offense? Dang...  

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

If King can replicate that level of success A&M will be very solid for the next few years. I personally think King has a higher ceiling

This.

Barring injury (or a catastrophic collapse of the entire Aggie program), King is going to finish his career as one of Texas A&M's all-time best quarterbacks. 

Not because of natural talent, not because of a "system," and not because he's a Lobo...  he's going be one of the best because he will never be out-worked or out-prepared.

Sure, he may be out-talented or out-systemed by a superior program, but I expect King to meet and exceed his potential.

It's all he's done his entire life. 

26 minutes ago, LOL said:

I'm assuming this is by position, right? The fastest 40 among the QBs? 

Jeff Tarpley- However, what they didn't realize was that he not only got bigger but also even more athletic. King not only registered the fastest 40 time when players returned to campus for the start of the off season program but also reportedly the best long jump, vertical, and shuttle as well. Given the influx of great athletes in the football team under Jimbo Fisher including guys like Demond Demas and Devon Achane, that's saying a lot.

However, King has also made his presence felt among the veterans due to his seriousness and dedication to his craft. He came in and worked extremely hard in terms of learning the offense but his reputation as a coach's son meant that he asked better questions and picked things up a little faster. His background has given him a feel for the game that most kids don't have. As a result, veteran wideouts have gravitated towards working with him moreso than they normally would a young player at that position because they already have a lot of confidence in him and are impressed by his knowledge and maturity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Jeff Tarpley- However, what they didn't realize was that he not only got bigger but also even more athletic. King not only registered the fastest 40 time when players returned to campus for the start of the off season program but also reportedly the best long jump, vertical, and shuttle as well. Given the influx of great athletes in the football team under Jimbo Fisher including guys like Demond Demas and Devon Achane, that's saying a lot.

That's crazy...  though not surprising. 

King gives me a Colt McCoy vibe. Obviously he’s bigger than Colt but I think their mental makeup and intangibles are very similar. 

Maybe it’s just the coaches kid angle but the way Tarpley describes King in the 2nd paragraph is what people still say about Colt today. 

• Mr. P locked this topic