👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

Just now, WETSU said:

I dont think intentionally lost I just think they had a very simple gameplan and calzada/defense didn't execute well enough to win. 

Oh, for sure! Yeah, no I'm not suggesting he took a dive. Like, at all. But it might be that he put a "governor" on his team's effectiveness in service of a larger goal. 

I mean, dang, Saban assistants were 0-24 against him? That's got to be maddening. I bet being the first guy to beat the old man has a certain savor to it. No, it's not a natty, but it's got to be pretty damn special. 

1 minute ago, LOL said:

Oh, for sure! Yeah, no I'm not suggesting he took a dive. Like, at all. But it might be that he put a "governor" on his team's effectiveness in service of a larger goal. 

I mean, dang, Saban assistants were 0-24 against him? That's got to be maddening. I bet being the first guy to beat the old man has a certain savor to it. No, it's not a natty, but it's got to be pretty damn special. 

Especially after the comments he made over the summer about beating nicks A while he's there.  And that's been played nonstop for a week every time the game was mentioned. Everyone on every national media platform has made it a point to emphasize this and talk about how it ties in with the whole assistant thing. And then Jimbo calls a masterful game on his birthday none the less. 

Think about what this does for recruiting. There were so many high end recruits from multiple classes in attendance. They just watched Jimbo make a promise that everyone mocked him for all week and then delivered. Like you said its not a natty, but this was the type of win that not only potentially saves this season but sets you up for taking the next step in future years. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stoney said:

What was the o-line that we rolled out there? Was Trainor at LG?

Left to right. 

Green, Trainor, Foster, Robinson, Fatheree. 

And i was amazed. Trainor played so well. Maybe he's just a guard at this level. I mean 3 weeks ago he looked like a D2 prospect at RT but played like a future all conference LG. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Especially after the comments he made over the summer about beating nicks A while he's there.  And that's been played nonstop for a week every time the game was mentioned. Everyone on every national media platform has made it a point to emphasize this and talk about how it ties in with the whole assistant thing. And then Jimbo calls a masterful game on his birthday none the less. 

Think about what this does for recruiting. There were so many high end recruits from multiple classes in attendance. They just watched Jimbo make a promise that everyone mocked him for all week and then delivered. Like you said its not a natty, but this was the type of win that not only potentially saves this season but sets you up for taking the next step in future years. 

This. This is the team that we expected to see against Arkansas and Mississippi State. That’s what had us doubting Calzada and the coaching staff. For whatever reason, it got corrected at the right time for the right game. It showed Bama was beatable and that A&M ,when right, can hang with them. I’m still riding the high. The 2 losses hurt but this win is the type we needed to see in Jimbo’s 4th year. 10-2, 9-3 feels a lot more possible than it did a week ago. Just have to hope that this turnaround is for real for the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Left to right. 

And i was amazed. Trainor played so well. Maybe he's just a guard at this level. I mean 3 weeks ago he looked like a D2 prospect at RT but played like a future all conference LG. 

I heard Trainor was at LG and wanted to ask. I’m with you. I think he’s a guard and not a tackle. He seemed to hold his own against Arkansas when he went inside. Outside at tackle he’s not athletic enough to work in space. Inside it’s a different story for him.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Left to right. 

Dude I’m telling you. Henson is a great coach who develops guys. The 2019 line wasn’t good but then those same 5 guys were an elite unit in 2020. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Dude I’m telling you. Henson is a great coach who develops guys. The 2019 line wasn’t good but then those same 5 guys were an elite unit in 2020. 

I too think Henson has earned the benefit of the doubt. The early oline struggles were not on him IMO. When you're having that many injuries on a group thats already that inexperienced problems are to be expected. 

5 minutes ago, osup116 said:

King should be healthy in next week. Do you play him?

He was still on a scooter Saturday... He's not going to be back for 3 weeks minimum IMO. And IMO the only way Calzada gets pulled even when King is back is if he plays a bad game. You cannot rush King back and risk longer term problems. If A&M was in the drivers seat at 5-1 I could see it, but not now that their only hopes at anything sec related lies with Bama stumbling at  auburn. 

2 hours ago, osup116 said:

King should be healthy in next week. Do you play him?

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

He was still on a scooter Saturday... He's not going to be back for 3 weeks minimum IMO. And IMO the only way Calzada gets pulled even when King is back is if he plays a bad game. You cannot rush King back and risk longer term problems. If A&M was in the drivers seat at 5-1 I could see it, but not now that their only hopes at anything sec related lies with Bama stumbling at  auburn. 

Calzada is a perfectly adequate QB. The onus is on Jimbo to utilize him correctly. 

I'm as eager for Haynes's return as anyone, but there's no reason to rush it. You've got a guy who can do the job. Just need to use him right. 

2 minutes ago, LOL said:

Calzada is a perfectly adequate QB. The onus is on Jimbo to utilize him correctly. 

I'm as eager for Haynes's return as anyone, but there's no reason to rush it. You've got a guy who can do the job. Just need to use him right. 

I agree completely. If the offensive line can execute the way the did saturday calzada will be fine. Its always been between the ears with him. I still think he will have a game or two where he looks bad and we will be calling for King but Zach is the guy from here on out most likely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I agree completely. If the offensive line can execute the way the did saturday calzada will be fine. Its always been between the ears with him. I still think he will have a game or two where he looks bad and we will be calling for King but Zach is the guy from here on out most likely.

Yep. He looked so uncomfortable in the pocket before even when he was fine. Against Alabama he looked completely poised and had amazing footwork. I think that was a HUGE difference in his passing game. That, and some very inventive play calling and play design. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Tattoo suggestions needed. “Lost” a bet saying if we beat Bama I’d get a tattoo. Time to pay up. 

I just got a badass Koi fish lined on my thigh. Can't wait to have him colored in. And considering the circumstance of the game and everything, a Koi fish would be kinda fitting. 

Japanese Style tattoo or gtfo

• Wow 1

• Mr. P locked this topic