👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Durkin with this roster would do very well. 

I honestly think the the kid dying is overplayed. This was taken to trial and nothing was found on Durkin. The kid showed up very out of shape and when 100 other guys can complete the workout but you can’t it’s not on the coach it’s on the player. This was a freak accident. Nothing more nothing less. So hiring him should not be a negative. But it is. People that have been die hard Aggies for decades already claiming if they hire “a murderer” they won’t watch a game until he’s gone. I just can’t get behind that type of belief system. That an accident makes the guy a murderer…

either way, I’m not sure he’s the guy but from a pure coaching standpoint he would do well here. But I believe the majority of defensive coaches in the country will. Its talent wise probably a top 5 roster in the country and you have a HC/OC that calls plays in a way that protects the defense. I’m much less worried about this hire than ever before. 

Not a good take IMO. If the kid showed up out of shape, he has limitations that others may not. Same reason big linemen aren’t pushed as hard during conditioning as WRs and DBs. 

7 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Not a good take IMO. If the kid showed up out of shape, he has limitations that others may not. Same reason big linemen aren’t pushed as hard during conditioning as WRs and DBs. 

There was an investigation on this. If there was ANYTHING they could have hung Durkin for they would have. As it stands it just appears that he was pushing his guys like every coach does and an accident happened. It could have happened anywhere to anyone. 

the terrible take is blaming a coach for a freak death. Durkin doesn’t even have to be an Aggie coach and I’ll have this stance. 

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There was an investigation on this. If there was ANYTHING they could have hung Durkin for they would have. As it stands it just appears that he was pushing his guys like every coach does and an accident happened. It could have happened anywhere to anyone. 

the terrible take is blaming a coach for a freak death. Durkin doesn’t even have to be an Aggie coach and I’ll have this stance. 

I agree with everything you stated here. I was just commenting on the 100 other guys finished practice scenario. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic