👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

12 minutes ago, topher805 said:

As long as the Big XII is putting their marquee game at 11:00 am each week, the SEC was going to pull plenty of Texas TV's in the afternoon and evening...

Sorry, but I don’t know anybody that purposely watched the 2:30 sec game that didn’t root for one of the teams already.  The broadcasters were horrible.  One of the main reasons I never watched it.  Vern and Gary sucked

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Sorry, but I don’t know anybody that purposely watched the 2:30 sec game that didn’t root for one of the teams already.  The broadcasters were horrible.  One of the main reasons I never watched it.  Vern and Gary sucked

and I don't know many that watch Tech/Kansas State at any point in the day...

I think we have hit a point to where fans are looking for marquee games regardless of conference affiliation. Take October 9 for instance. Doesn't matter who you root for, unless you are some type of Big 10 fan that enjoys early morning games (gross), you will tune into UT/OU in the morning and still catch A&M/Bama in the evening. Toss in a juicy FSU/UNC matchup and that is a day that most fans will take on regardless of affiliations. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Texas has proven they wouldn’t play fair. Why would the Aggies play 2nd fiddle? Why would they trust them. Come on man you’re way smarter than this.

Texas took their money bag with LHN, A&M took theirs with the SEC. It's not rocket science.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

aTm mustn’t be big on tradition as they boastfully claim.  Or they could just make up traditions, which they’ve been accused of already

The only REAL tradition in college football is securing the bag. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I don’t recall the Aggies being a power in the Big 12 either. The Ags are doing it in a better conference and way more exposure. End of day was the best decision for the school and $$ had little to do with it.

So other Aggies are saying money and exposure……. You’ve said money and exposure.  So now that they’re and 8-4 team in the sec they’re doing it in a better conference and money had little to do with the decision.  Which is it?

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So other Aggies are saying money and exposure……. You’ve said money and exposure.  So now that they’re and 8-4 team in the sec they’re doing it in a better conference and money had little to do with the decision.  Which is it?

More money leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money... 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, LOL said:

More money leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money which leads to more exposure which leads to more money... 

which leads to more 8-4

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Exposer I love it as an Aggie fan. I can see any game all season. I used to miss games because some weren’t broadcasted or Ppv. I don’t why you’re struggling with this. Some things are more important than $$ and enhancing The brand is far greater than Texas or their sidekicks had to offer.

Exposers are bad people 

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Aggies aren’t. The Aggies were decent  to average team in the big 12. Enhancing your brand is pretty much the goal of everyone. You should want to put yourself in a better situation. 

So, they’re still playing second fiddle, but in a better band? Is that like a guitarist leaving Slayer to tour with Aerosmith? 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LOL said:

Source? This is the first I've heard of such a thing. Was this during the SWC days? 

It was offered, but it wasn't going to be an equal partnership. The programs weren't going to be paid equally, so A&M declined and DeLoss Dodds tried to frame it as, "Well, we offered them the chance!" without being up front that it wasn't a 50/50 deal. At least if you believe Loftin's claim, which Dodds never disputed. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It was offered, but it wasn't going to be an equal partnership. The programs weren't going to be paid equally, so A&M declined and DeLoss Dodds tried to frame it as, "Well, we offered them the chance!" without being up front that it wasn't a 50/50 deal. At least if you believe Loftin's claim, which Dodds never disputed. 

Tell the rest of it.  ESPN was paying for the studio to be in Austin.  It was going to be ran by UT so more funding was to pay studio staff.  Also it wasn’t going to be 50/50.  Other Texas teams that were being represented on the network would draw money from it too.  It would show high school games to.

• Mr. P locked this topic