👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

Does it really matter anymore--Texas and OU have made the decision to leave--super conferences are on the way--and we will still have a group of 16 people deciding who plays for a national championship, instead of having an actual playoff--Until it gets to 16 -32 teams, these people at the NCAA level will get to pick and choose who everyone gets to see in the championship series--I know that they do it in basketball, the picking part, but each conference gets to send 1 team for sure--which leads to some of the best upsets ever--which leads to a better series to watch. 

Football gives you 4 teams that bring in the most money--then provide us with a lot of meaningless bowl games that pretty much are worthless to watch over the last decade. 

https://texags.com/s/40869/21-players-in-21-days-18-haynes-king-zach-calzada/5

• I watched Haynes King closely in high school because I covered the Longview Lobos back in the day. I found out he was the fastest guy at Longview when he was in high school. Let me tell you this: If you're the fastest guy at Longview, you're a blazer. I remember watching him as a junior when he took them to state. Oh by the way, that was Longview's first state title since 1939... sound familiar? 

• The competition from what we've heard from Jimbo Fisher is a dead heat, and I believe it off of what I saw in the spring game. They had very similar outings when you look at the output. Again, when he has played, Zach has thrown more than Haynes, but Haynes has rushed more.

• If you made me bet on who would be the starter, just going off of Jimbo Fisher's history at Texas A&M, I'll go with Haynes King because of his mobility. But I can't say that for a fact.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

80025C36-9370-4664-BFF2-1187134DFD12.png

Welp that’s not good.

Reading through that thread it appears he turned himself in from a previous incident so I'm assuming there's something in place for some community service, fines and a suspension. I'd be fine with even as much as 3 games. Then get his butt back and game shape by bama. The good news is the dline is the deepest position on the entire team. But he's a stud and will be needed against bama. 

46 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Reading through that thread it appears he turned himself in from a previous incident so I'm assuming there's something in place for some community service, fines and a suspension. I'd be fine with even as much as 3 games. Then get his butt back and game shape by bama. The good news is the dline is the deepest position on the entire team. But he's a stud and will be needed against bama. 

WET, saw they released the roster. The number of guys we have that are 280+ lbs on the line is eye opening. A couple of the youngsters are already pushing 300. S&C Coach ain’t messing around.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

WET, saw they released the roster. The number of guys we have that are 280+ lbs on the line is eye opening. A couple of the youngsters are already pushing 300. S&C Coach ain’t messing around.

Well yeah. Schmidt is a legend in the S&C world in spite of what OU fans claimed once he was on his way out. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Big commitment from Anderson today. I think many more to follow. The trail has been blazing with positive vibes since the pool party last weekend. 

It’s interesting how they are going to utilize him. Cornerback, nickel back, punt returner. Then shift to safety. 

If the d-line class fills out like it could, that could be a special group. Potentially multiple 5* filled out with 4* and a upside 3*.

Rumor is 3 more guys are close to committing. Could be Bear and Bouie? Not sure about the 3rd. 

30 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Eli Stowers moves to TE. Little Crownover is working with OL.

Love moving eli. He's an nfl athlete that could thrive there. With Cupp being made of glass this could be a good move and really help A&M if he can block well enough to not be a liability. He will be a strength as a receiving threat. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Sounds like Haynes has the QB1 spot?

That seems to be the consensus. If the o-line gels he should be in good shape. He has some talent at the skill positions to work with. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

That seems to be the consensus. If the o-line gels he should be in good shape. He has some talent at the skill positions to work with. 

I think the WR corps is going to really surprise this year. I really think Mond either wasn't capable of finding the open guy deep or was too gun shy to attempt it. Soo many times I saw guys breaking free down field just to see mond throw a dart on a 8 yard route to Wydermeyer who had a DB all over him. Don't get me wrong Mond executed that throw well and extended drives but it really would have been nice to see him hit that throw down field at least once or twice a game. Florida was the only game I felt like he even looked downfield. 

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

Spiller was quoted with something along the lines of the level of play from the skilled players will be a huge boost for Haynes

• Thanks 1

Wet, can you imagine what having a QB who can hit Demas on a fly route will do to this offense? You open up Spiller. You get Wydermeyer, Lane, Smith in less clogged up space. This could be the best example of what Jimbo’s offense could be with King running the show. That’s not even taking into account his legs. That’s going to shock a lot of people who don’t know him. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think King is going to recognize that route and has the touch to hit it so I think we will see a little more explosion from the WR position because of it. 

Caleb Chapman back and healthy. Could there be a better home run duo than him and Demas? Chase Lane and Ainias Smith are playmakers. Wydermeyer is the best TE in the country. Baylor Cupp is finally healthy, hopefully he can stay that way. I’m going to sound like a broken record. I’d just like to see this offense in 12 personnel one time at least. With Cupp and Wydermeyer out there together. How many LBs can cover them? Spiller will roll over that extra safety or corner if you bring them in. You going to double Lane, Smith, Chapman, Demas? That’s the dream.

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Caleb Chapman back and healthy. Could there be a better home run duo than him and Demas? Chase Lane and Ainias Smith are playmakers. Wydermeyer is the best TE in the country. Baylor Cupp is finally healthy, hopefully he can stay that way. I’m going to sound like a broken record. I’d just like to see this offense in 12 personnel one time at least. With Cupp and Wydermeyer out there together. How many LBs can cover them? Spiller will roll over that extra safety or corner if you bring them in. You going to double Lane, Smith, Chapman, Demas? That’s the dream.

I have high hopes for the offense. This team is talented. Id feel better if Haynes had a feeling starts under his belt but I'm confident regardless. Mainly because I expect the defense to be elite and the offense will likely have some room for freshman mistakes. He will need to show up big to beat bama though. 

• Mr. P locked this topic