👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I saw some morons on Twitter trying to Kenny Trill him and give him a nickname...  

I am legitimately trying to think of recent CFB players that have nicknames (that stuck and were referred to commonly).  The only two that I can think of is Manziel and Kenny.  Now there have been stud players recently that are identified by just either their first or last name but cannot think of a nicknamed one.  Once someone mentions one then I will have better recall.  But for now I am drawing a blank. Name some and help me out.

King better ball out this year and leave no doubt because I'm not convinced Weigman doesn't start next year if there's a true battle. That performance last night was something different all together... Weigman has the X factor for sure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

King better ball out this year and leave no doubt because I'm not convinced Weigman doesn't start next year if there's a true battle. That performance last night was something different all together... Weigman has the X factor for sure. 

My buddy watched watched his game last night. He was hyped up quick about Weigman. If the kids as good as advertised and it looks like he is, that’s going to be a tough QB battle. Unless he sits a year and then takes over.

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

My buddy watched watched his game last night. He was hyped up quick about Weigman. If the kids as good as advertised and it looks like he is, that’s going to be a tough QB battle. Unless he sits a year and then takes over.

Go find the highlights... Worth the time to watch the no huddle of the game. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

If King can’t ball out with this year’s squad, then he isn’t the guy… but my prediction thinks he may be if used properly… also something Jimbo has a good record of…. Really wish LSU would have bought out Jimbo instead of letting him go to A&M

• Thanks 2

C2F97EA3-6D00-4A56-A75F-42FF2785D529.png

1.) Was not expecting that outcome at LT. Either Fatheree is further along as true freshman then expected and Johnson is a better fit at left tackle then right, is why Kenyon Green is the starting RT.

2.) Hearing real good things about Yulkeith Brown. Like he’s a faster version of Ainias Smith.

3.) Bryce Foster second team center. With Luke Mathews injury history, there could be another talented freshman getting meaningful snaps on the o-line.

24172AE4-2BAC-473E-B59C-4E73D0C6B595.png

On 8/29/2021 at 11:41 PM, Stoney said:

C2F97EA3-6D00-4A56-A75F-42FF2785D529.png

1.) Was not expecting that outcome at LT. Either Fatheree is further along as true freshman then expected and Johnson is a better fit at left tackle then right, is why Kenyon Green is the starting RT.

2.) Hearing real good things about Yulkeith Brown. Like he’s a faster version of Ainias Smith.

3.) Bryce Foster second team center. With Luke Mathews injury history, there could be another talented freshman getting meaningful snaps on the o-line.

24172AE4-2BAC-473E-B59C-4E73D0C6B595.png

It’s actually pretty incredible to see how Texas and A&M are very similar on their depth charts. Both breaking in RS freshman QBs, both return Heisman contender RBs, both have remade olines. Both have talent but questions at WR. 
Then on defense then dline is the strength of the team, LBs are talented but is probably the biggest question mark on D, the CBs are returning starters and are expected to take the next step, S are returning starters as well but haven’t lived up to their supposed abilities. 

It’s wild. Obviously the biggest difference is A&M has the same coaching staff and Texas is brand new. 

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

It’s actually pretty incredible to see how Texas and A&M are very similar on their depth charts. Both breaking in RS freshman QBs, both return Heisman contender RBs, both have remade olines. Both have talent but questions at WR. 
Then on defense then dline is the strength of the team, LBs are talented but is probably the biggest question mark on D, the CBs are returning starters and are expected to take the next step, S are returning starters as well but haven’t lived up to their supposed abilities. 

It’s wild. 

I see where you're going. That being said, I wouldnt trade rosters. I think they have similarities but I not believe they are interchangeable in terms of team A with the same coach would win the same as team B. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

I see where you're going. That being said, I wouldnt trade rosters. I think they have similarities but I not believe they are interchangeable in terms of team A with the same coach would win the same as team B. 

You just missed my edit. Where I said the coaching staff makes a huge difference. 

I just honestly haven’t looked at the Aggie roster until I saw the depth chart. I assume the bold players are returning starters. I just thought that the two teams are very similar in how the experience and expectations of the depth chart are laid out. 

39 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

This kid is extremely awesome must have been a pleasure watching him at Longview. 

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

After October 9th, can we call Haynes King “King in the West” @LOL?

As much as I'm a flag-waving Haynes King fan, Kamden Perry is (arguably) the greatest high school receiver I've ever seen in person. I've seen that kid make every kind of catch, no matter the pressure or the coverage. He should be right there in College Station too, or Austin, or Norman, or Tuscaloosa for that matter. It's a criminal lapse in recruiting. 

A&M is taking a lot of crap for this.  Mainly for 2 reasons:

1) He hasn't won anything yet and...

2) They did the same thing with Sumlin after 1 winning season... 

Why give Jimbo a raise when he isn't a flight risk yet?  He was already a top 10 paid HC before this raise and you boosted him to top 3 for one 10 win season?  I know he isn't the same as Stumblin, but damn, you are just wasting money.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

A&M is taking a lot of crap for this.  Mainly for 2 reasons:

Why give Jimbo a raise when he isn't a flight risk yet?  He was already a top 10 paid HC before this raise and you boosted him to top 3 for one 10 win season?  I know he isn't the same as Stumblin, but damn, you are just wasting money.

Same. While I applaud A&M making the moves they made to get and keep Jimbo happy, this seems a trifle hasty.

Why not let him have the solid season everyone expects him to have and then reward him with a big fat extension? I don't get it. 

This is a reaction to the Texas and OU move. 

A&M is drawing the attention to them and off of Texas. They are flexing. Dropping mega money showing they can while also showing commits and coaches across the country how committed they are. 

It is probably an unnecessary move and definitely excessive, but its not the worst thing in the world to be proactive in this IMO. What I think it does is put pressure on other programs to financially keep pace. They are also dumping a lot more in facilities as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

This is a reaction to the Texas and OU move. 

A&M is drawing the attention to them and off of Texas. They are flexing. Dropping mega money showing they can while also showing commits and coaches across the country how committed they are. 

It is probably an unnecessary move and definitely excessive, but its not the worst thing in the world to be proactive in this IMO. What I think it does is put pressure on other programs to financially keep pace. They are also dumping a lot more in facilities as well. 

I can dig that. We're certainly in a brave new world of dolla dolla bills y'all. 

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

A&M is taking a lot of #### for this.  Mainly for 2 reasons:

A&M donors have stupid amounts of money to spend, though. 

He won an Orange Bowl (our first NY6 Bowl game), led A&M to our best season since 1939, and the trajectory of the program is on the rise, with recruiting and development. I don't know about the big raise and extension, but I don't HATE this move. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic