The Smoakhouse Forums

👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

17 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Man. If we lose those linemen, I see us taking a slight step back next season with 2022 being a big year. If those guys stay, we could have another strong team next year. 

Also depends on if Kellen stays. 

You don’t want to wait until 2022. Next year you have BAMA completely rebuilding the offense (you can thank Texas for that), LSU rebuilding everything, and Auburn in year one of a new coaching staff. With the skill kids they have coming back, 2021 should be the best chance for the Aggies to win the west. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear, reading your stuff is like just reading the newspaper’s headlines only and nothing else in the article or like only reading the subject lines of hot takes.

It is still crazy to me how much A&M ###### up the Kyler Murray thing. It should have been a slam dunk.

Posted Images

On 1/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, WETSU said:

I think he will as well. Especially because I think King is much more willing to pull the trigger and trust his guys. 

Yep, totally. In fact, the main "criticism" I expect King to face next year will be taking too many chances downfield. He may indeed have a high interception rate next season, but he'll also have some big plays too. I'm looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Yep, totally. In fact, the main "criticism" I expect King to face next year will be taking too many chances downfield. He may indeed have a high interception rate next season, but he'll also have some big plays too. I'm looking forward to it. 

As long as he gets an oline like Mond has then looks promising. I assume he more drop back pro style kinda of guy. Does he run much the offense will be different.

8 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

As long as he gets an oline like Mond has then looks promising. I assume he more drop back pro style kinda of guy. Does he run much the offense will be different.

Very mobile. I'll bet he ends his career with better rushing stats than Mond, barring the unforeseen. 

22 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Serious question,

I was having a conversation with an Aggie friend of mine the other day regarding the likelihood of players returning/leaving. One thing he shared with me, was in his opinion, majority of the Senior starters, particularly on the OL, are not players that would be a loss if they leave. He went on to say that the young players behind them are even better. I pointed out the benefit of experience, and especially how impactful that is on the OL. He still said he'd be fine if they all leave, because the more of them that stay, the longer before the players with better talent get on the field. 

So my question for you all, is would you rather the experience return, or do you agree that the talent sitting behind them is potentially better, and you'd rather give them their chance?

Thats a position by position thing... On the oline and any defensive starter I want them back. 

But I want Mond gone. The offense has peaked with him and its not enough to beat the big boys. Need that experience everywhere else to help King during his learning curve. You make get a few more INTs or sacks, but you'll get much more in return to negate that from him. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Oh that is promising. Similar to Mond or drastically different? 

Very different. Mond is just a athlete that plays qb. The position is not natural to him. You can see this by how many missed reads he has and how he's nearly late on every through. He is having to think too much. King is a natural QB. Next season you'll see him.make decisions and process things faster than mond and you'll be like "how in the hell was mond a 4 year starter for us."

King will have his ups and downs but he's going to be better for the offense in both the short term and long term IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Very different. Mond is just a athlete that plays qb. The position is not natural to him. You can see this by how many missed reads he has and how he's nearly late on every through. He is having to think too much. King is a natural QB. Next season you'll see him.make decisions and process things faster than mond and you'll be like "how in the hell was mond a 4 year starter for us."

King will have his ups and downs but he's going to be better for the offense in both the short term and long term IMO. 

Mond was an excellent game manager. He was super conservative with the ball. His biggest strength was also his biggest weakness. I feel like he grew a ton, but was afraid to make mistakes and that fear got worse as he went along. 

I think King will be fantastic, but there will be definite growing pains. I almost feel like catching Alabama early with King would be better. Less tape for Saban to dissect...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Sounds promising hopefully that line is good upfront. I would prefer veterans running a cohesive unit. 

Dan Moore going pro

LT- 

LG- Kenyon Green*

C- Ryan McCollum

RG- Jared Hocker

RT- Carson Green

*moving over to LT?

Just now, Valhalla said:

How interested was the NFL in him?

He actually had a fairly decent season. He would have been a very late pick or UFA. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Dan Moore going pro

LT- 

LG- Kenyon Green*

C- Ryan McCollum

RG- Jared Hocker

RT- Carson Green

*moving over to LT?

Yes Kenyon is the LT next season. Wish we could get an announcement on the other seniors so we could start the speculation. 

If the rest stay, I really think Foster will push Robinson for the LG spot. 

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How interested was the NFL in him?

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He actually had a fairly decent season. He would have been a very late pick or UFA. 

Donovan Wilson was a 6th rounder. He had a little more all around game than O’Neal. 6th/7th/UDFA.

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes Kenyon is the LT next season. Wish we could get an announcement on the other seniors so we could start the speculation. 

If the rest stay, I really think Foster will push Robinson for the LG spot. 

247 was speculating with TA that this week or more than likely next week they’d know for sure who’s in and who’s out.

Mond should do well if gets the right system. Like him or not he was one of best qb A&M ever had. I would be surprised if King isn’t the guy from day 1. I understand the Aggies have another option that talented plus the guys already there. I assume most of those guys are leaving via transfer. The qb room might be a tad thin but talented.

39 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Mond should do well if gets the right system. Like him or not he was one of best qb A&M ever had. I would be surprised if King isn’t the guy from day 1. I understand the Aggies have another option that talented plus the guys already there. I assume most of those guys are leaving via transfer. The qb room might be a tad thin but talented.

I swear, reading your stuff is like just reading the newspaper’s headlines only and nothing else in the article or like only reading the subject lines of hot takes.

• Haha 3
34 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Take Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Marv Albert’s toupee throw them all on a deserted island with Shannon Sharpe’s sisters, give it a good 75 years of companionship and then put one of the kids in a closet underneath Jones AT&T stadium for 22 years and you still wouldn’t come up with more takes than him. 😂

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Take Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Marv Albert’s toupee throw them all on a deserted island with Shannon Sharpe’s sisters, give it a good 75 years of companionship and then put one of the kids in a closet underneath Jones AT&T stadium for 22 years and you still wouldn’t come up with more takes than him. 😂

We have an early front-runner for Post of the Year 2021...  

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

How so? Texas fan simply don’t reply to my posts on a sports forum. Get some perspective please.

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

What did I say that was wrong? 

51 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Your opinion is worth as much as mine. For the record I do take your take you seriously and with good measure.