83249BCC-CFF1-42CD-8C8B-6361F11F9EE9.jpeg

Jared Hocker going pro.

LT- gone

LG- Kenyon Green*

C- gone

RG- gone

RT- Carson Green**

*Kenyon coming back for junior/sophomore/whatever NCAA calls it

**Carson still hasn’t announced. Best case scenario if he did, our tackles would be covered. Fill in the interior.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is still crazy to me how much A&M ###### up the Kyler Murray thing. It should have been a slam dunk.

I swear, reading your stuff is like just reading the newspaper’s headlines only and nothing else in the article or like only reading the subject lines of hot takes.

The team I find most intriguing for the '21 season, is Ole Miss. They finished 5-5 in '20, but were very competitive in their losses.  Against LSU (and I know LSU was down), they turned the ball

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Stoney said:

83249BCC-CFF1-42CD-8C8B-6361F11F9EE9.jpeg

Jared Hocker going pro.

LT- gone

LG- Kenyon Green*

C- gone

RG- gone

RT- Carson Green**

*Kenyon coming back for junior/sophomore/whatever NCAA calls it

**Carson still hasn’t announced. Best case scenario if he did, our tackles would be covered. Fill in the interior.

How does the backups look? Freshmen or backups?

13 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Totally his prerogative to go Pro. Going to follow his career every little step he takes. Just stay away from Whitney’s and Houston Texans.

Tarp on ‘21 O-line

Offensive line: Kenyon Green is expected to move outside to left tackle.

One of the interior spots will be taken by massive second year player Layden Robinson who played right guard in 2020 but could also play center.

One of the other spots could fall to freshman Aki Ogunbiyi or even rookie Bryce Foster (who’s as physically ready to go there as any newcomer you’ll ever see).

The wild card at this point is sophomore Luke Matthews who was injured last year and hasn’t played during two of his three seasons on campus (redshirted as a freshman and then was injured in 2020). If he can’t go, things get a little more problematic since he was the backup center in fall camp before getting injured.

First year man Smart Chibuzo worked with the second unit during the year as did fellow frosh Josh Bankhead.

The right tackle is thought to be either second year man Blake Trainor or a transfer to be named later. A&M may not have its right tackle on campus as of right now.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Totally his prerogative to go Pro. Going to follow his career every little step he takes. Just stay away from Whitney’s and Houston Texans.

Yeah. Not knocking the kid on this. Wish him the best. I'd love to have him in Houston, but don't want to see his talent wasted in that circus on Kirby...

On 1/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, Stoney said:

Tarp on ‘21 O-line

Offensive line: Kenyon Green is expected to move outside to left tackle.

One of the interior spots will be taken by massive second year player Layden Robinson who played right guard in 2020 but could also play center.

One of the other spots could fall to freshman Aki Ogunbiyi or even rookie Bryce Foster (who’s as physically ready to go there as any newcomer you’ll ever see).

The wild card at this point is sophomore Luke Matthews who was injured last year and hasn’t played during two of his three seasons on campus (redshirted as a freshman and then was injured in 2020). If he can’t go, things get a little more problematic since he was the backup center in fall camp before getting injured.

First year man Smart Chibuzo worked with the second unit during the year as did fellow frosh Josh Bankhead.

The right tackle is thought to be either second year man Blake Trainor or a transfer to be named later. A&M may not have its right tackle on campus as of right now.

Wasn’t Matthews supposed to make an immediate and strong impact before his injuries?

34 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Wasn’t Matthews supposed to make an immediate and strong impact before his injuries?

I thought all the talking heads had him being like Jake Mathews. A plug and play recruit. Injuries have changed that. If he’s going to be something this is his best chance at it.

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I thought all the talking heads had him being like Jake Mathews. A plug and play recruit. Injuries have changed that. If he’s going to be something this is his best chance at it.

He wasn't near as polished as Jake coming out and is also built for the interior as opposed to a tackle. But yes injuries have certainly set him back. He was in the mix as the starting center both last year and this year before Injuries slowed him. I think he's probably the starter at center next year though. 

LT Green

LG Robinson

C Matthews

RG Foster

RT ? 

Pick up a OT in the portal, don’t force Trainor just yet.

Looking like ‘22 recruiting is fixing to start with a bang.

Just now, Stoney said:

Myles Jones coming back for another year. 

Thats huge. The defense is going to be very salty.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stoney said:

O-line might be picking up a nice get. Wanya Morris from Georgia.

Hes your other OT and would be a huge add.

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Coming out of high school I saw Trainor as a project at best.  Is he in serious contention?  According to the depth chart he has run as a number 2 but I did not see enough of the Aggie games this year to see if he contributed any.

4 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Coming out of high school I saw Trainor as a project at best.  Is he in serious contention?  According to the depth chart he has run as a number 2 but I did not see enough of the Aggie games this year to see if he contributed any.

Yea he was definitely a project. He didnt play much from what I saw. The staff likes him though. What I've been told is he has some tools to work with but needs the time to develop. He will never be a dominating player but they believe he can be a solid contributor and possibly a late bloomer similar to some of the other A&M starters on the oline this year. 

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Give it some time to gel and this line could be nasty.

6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Thought he was headed to OU. That would be a nice pickup. 

Apparently he liked Jimbo all the way back from his FSU days. Had committed to FSU, then decommitted when Jimbo left.

• Thanks 1

Looking like OU didn’t get Wanya Morris to Norman today. It could be “The End Of The Road” for their shot at him?

Looking like another RB will be joining the ‘21 class. LJ on the way?

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

Looking like OU didn’t get Wanya Morris to Norman today. It could be “The End Of The Road” for their shot at him?

Looking like another RB will be joining the ‘21 class. LJ on the way?

Supposedly is in Norman this morning.