🏈🏈🏈2021 Dist. 5-3A Div. 1 Football 🏈🏈🏈

gamewatcher63

District should be fun and competitiveΒ 

I think MV/Winny/Minny will battle it out for the top spot. All returning key starters.Β 
Β 

Potts 4th

rains/Bonham/Howe/commerce battling it out for the bottom. Rains had a good team last year that would make the playoffs in almost every district but I believe they lost a lot. Commerce is a wild card, never know what you’re going to get but they’ll have athletes.

24 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

District should be fun and competitiveΒ 

I think MV/Winny/Minny will battle it out for the top spot. All returning key starters.Β 
Β 

Potts 4th

rains/Bonham/Howe/commerce battling it out for the bottom. Rains had a good team last year that would make the playoffs in almost every district but I believe they lost a lot. Commerce is a wild card, never know what you’re going to get but they’ll have athletes.

I think youre spot on. Potts and Rains both will be having to replace some very talented players. My personal opinion is that Potts will replace their losses better than Rains will. Does that mean they will be in the top 3? Im not sure but lets remember anything can happen. I have to say that first district game between Winny and Minny will be a very important one that will possibly help shape the landscape of things. Going to be very competitive and exciting.

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, chevyman said:

I think youre spot on. Potts and Rains both will be having to replace some very talented players. My personal opinion is that Potts will replace their losses better than Rains will. Does that mean they will be in the top 3? Im not sure but lets remember anything can happen. I have to say that first district game between Winny and Minny will be a very important one that will possibly help shape the landscape of things. Going to be very competitive and exciting.

Was the back up qb for rains a senior last season? He seemed to step up when they needed him

8 hours ago, chevyman said:

Is that one in Winnsboro or Mineola? I might have to skip the MV game and go watch that one.Β 

12 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Was the back up qb for rains a senior last season? He seemed to step up when they needed him

I believe he will be back along with a couple of other skill players. Outside of that, they lost some really good players.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:14 AM, chevyman said:

We should have turf on the ground pretty soon here in Winny. The project is coming along nicely and there is a lot of excitement for the stadium and also for the football team this coming up year.

Where is the new stadium being constructed at? I haven’t been to winnsboro in a couple years now.Β 

8 hours ago, Jeepster89 said:

Where is the new stadium being constructed at? I haven’t been to winnsboro in a couple years now.Β 

Its at the new school. There was a track and practice field built in the original plans so now they have just put the turf down and started to construct the stands. There will also be concessions, etc. that will gradually be built as the time goes therefore its likely for the majority of the games this season, there will only be temporary of certain aspects.

13 hours ago, chevyman said:

Its at the new school. There was a track and practice field built in the original plans so now they have just put the turf down and started to construct the stands. There will also be concessions, etc. that will gradually be built as the time goes therefore its likely for the majority of the games this season, there will only be temporary of certain aspects.

I don’t know where the new school is either lol

2021 MINEOLA VARSITY SCHEDULE Β 
Β 
Β  DAY DATE OPPONENT MASCOT SITE TIME
Β 
Β  Friday Aug. 13 SCRIMMAGE - WINONA WILDCATS AWAY 6:00
Β 
Β  Thursday Aug. 19 SCRIMMAGE - CADDO MILLS FOXES HOME 6:00
Β 
Β  Friday Aug. 27 CANTON EAGLES AWAY 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Sept. 3 WILLS POINT TIGERS HOME 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Sept. 1O WEST RUSK RAIDERS AWAY 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Sept. 17 BYE Β  Β  Β 
Β 
Β  Friday Sept. 24 WINNSBORO* RED RAIDERS HOME 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Oct. 1 BONHAM* WARRIORS AWAY 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Oct. 8 MT VERNON* TIGERS HOME 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Oct. 15 POTTSBORO* CARDINALS AWAY 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Oct. 22 HOWE** BULLDOGS HOME 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Oct. 29 RAINS* WILDCATS AWAY 7:30
Β 
Β  Friday Nov. 5 COMMERCE*** TIGERS HOME 7:30

6 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Just messing with you. That’s who White Oak schedules to boost their win %. 🀣🀣🀣

Boost? Except for a few seasons since the 70’s it hasn’t been boosted much. Speaking of winning %, it wasn’t until the 80’s-90s that yall started having a winning record.Β 

7 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Boost? Except for a few seasons since the 70’s it hasn’t been boosted much. Speaking of winning %, it wasn’t until the 80’s-90s that yall started having a winning record.Β 

What was it like when White Oak was good? Must have been awesome watching the 3 wise menΒ runΒ the wishbone.Β 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

What was it like when White Oak was good? Must have been awesome watching the 3 wise menΒ runΒ the wishbone.Β 

I’m sure it’s the same feeling knowing, your team probably won’t ever be as great as it once was. Y’all yardbirds can relate I’m sure. 3 wise men? Lol I’m not afraid to admit I’m proud of all the accomplishments WO had when the world was a lot tougher.Β 

19 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I’m sure it’s the same feeling knowing, your team probably won’t ever be as great as it once was. Y’all yardbirds can relate I’m sure. 3 wise men? Lol I’m not afraid to admit I’m proud of all the accomplishments WO had when the world was a lot tougher.Β 

And then there's always plastic worms and jerk baits. Seen a new bait out on the market but it had batteries in it to help mimic bait fish sounds asΒ well as creating movement. Wonder if thats like using a PED, in the fishing world. Sorry, not completely sure of the rules of high school fishing.Β 

• gamewatcher63 changed the title to 🏈🏈🏈2021 Dist. 5-3A Div. 1 Football 🏈🏈🏈