🔴 Sooners 2021 thread

Mr. P

23 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It never made sense to me that he was put at the nickel position.

Same. I kept waiting for it to make sense...  I kept expecting him to suddenly "grow into" that role...  but it's never happened. He just keeps getting bulldozed by TEs and Moss-ed by taller wideouts, when he's not getting flagged.

Total liability. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

This makes me feel nice at least. 

Gotta admit, I wasn't sure quite what Lincoln's game was with the way we're hemorrhaging players...  but I think Jenni Carlson might be onto something here: https://oklahoman.com/article/5681395/carlson-ou-football-recruiting-approach-is-genius-amid-covid-changes-heres-what-lincoln-riley-did?

When the late Signing Day arrives Wednesday, the Sooners aren’t expected to sign any additional high school or junior college players, but they will be adding at least five transfers. All of the transfers already on board play a position the Sooners found themselves lacking in depth or talent or both after the season.

These additions are smart in three ways.
1. They fill immediate needs.
2. They balance future rosters.
3. They provide flexibility with the rule changes that have been born out of the pandemic.

The results are brilliant by Riley and his staff — and a team that could be a legit national title contender next season.

Read the whole thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Supposedly one of the 2 guys who got his @$$ kicked is the OU holder and required surgery on his face.

You knew the 2 bigger dudes were in trouble when the smaller 2 conversed on who was going to take who.  The smaller guys used leverage and appears to have some wrestling experience.  The bigger guys made a horrible mistake on who they chose to instigate (at least from this perspective).

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

You knew the 2 bigger dudes were in trouble when the smaller 2 conversed on who was going to take who.  The smaller guys used leverage and appears to have some wrestling experience.  The bigger guys made a horrible mistake on who they chose to instigate (at least from this perspective).

They're both MMA fighters, apparently. And yeah, I thought the same thing. As soon as the one asked, 'Which one do you want?' I knew they were in trouble. 

Plus, the two smaller guys are brothers.... You don't mess with brothers in that kind of situation lol

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

They are going to get their ### kicked.

Well yeah...  but that was a given when they agreed to it, no? 

The point of the game was begin the long slog toward relevance. Nebraska is all but invisible in the Big Ten. They're barely even in the conference top ten. There are no rivalries or historical matchups. No primetime non-con matchups to help pull in da 'croots. Nothing. 

Playing OU assures them at least being one of the "games of the week" in media promotion. You'll have all the old heads trotted out. Espn will have plenty of feature stories. Social media traction with animated gifs and video clips.

Sure, they'll get blasted during the actual game itself, but you can't buy that kinda weeklong build-up. So you're gonna give all that up for a meaningless "W" over Northern Illinois or South Dakota State?

That's dumb. You deserve to be an also-ran. 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

Well yeah...  but that was a given when they agreed to it, no? 

The point of the game was begin the long slog toward relevance. Nebraska is all but invisible in the Big Ten. They're barely even in the conference top ten. There are no rivalries or historical matchups. No primetime non-con matchups to help pull in da 'croots. Nothing. 

Playing OU assures them at least being one of the "games of the week" in media promotion. You'll have all the old heads trotted out. Espn will have plenty of feature stories. Social media traction with animated gifs and video clips.

Sure, they'll get blasted during the actual game itself, but you can't buy that kinda weeklong build-up. So you're gonna give all that up for a meaningless "W" over Northern Illinois or South Dakota State?

That's dumb. You deserve to be an also-ran. 

I think the “gap” between Oklahoma and Nebraska has gotten wider since the series was agreed upon. 

I think they would rather have a winnable home game with 100% capacity rather than travel to Norman almost certainly to lose.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

You’d think after all these years at OU and Red River Shootouts he’d be better at cooking Bevo.

Good grief...  someone needs to stage an intervention. Ol' dude needs help. 

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Oklahoma isn’t famous for its BBQ lol. 

I thought BBQ was disgusting until I relocated from Oklahoma to Longview when I was younger. Now I would eat at Carter’s every meal if that was realistic lol.

That's obvious if he thinks posting that meat is a good idea. Did he cook it in a Crockpot? Maybe that's the meat for the kiddie table with the real brisket still on the smoker at the time. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

That's obvious if he thinks posting that meat is a good idea. Did he cook it in a Crockpot? Maybe that's the meat for the kiddie table with the real brisket still on the smoker at the time. 

Did he steal Cornyn’s recipe? 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mr. P locked this topic