🏆National Championship 🏆

Stoney

National Championship   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alabama
    • Ohio State

Ohio st will be able to run on Bama. That's the key to this being a game. If you try to score with bama you will lose. Ohio st needs/can control the running game and still has the QB and wrs to stretch the field when needed. It will be tight, but I think Bama will pull through. 

Bama 38 OSU 34

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

Ohio st will be able to run on Bama. That's the key to this being a game. If you try to score with bama you will lose. Ohio st needs/can control the running game and still has the QB and wrs to stretch the field when needed. It will be tight, but I think Bama will pull through. 

Bama 38 OSU 34

I think Ohio state will be able to get pressure with just 4 and be able to affect the timing of Bama’s offense.  Mac Jones can’t scramble and if he has to that could spell trouble for them.  Bama may need to max protect

The OSU TE is every bit as good, if not better than the one from ND, but OSU has good WRs to go with him. That’s the big difference I see in Ohio State’s offense as opposed to Notre Dame. That, combined with a better RB and a better passer/ runner at QB with Fields. I can see this one being a shootout, much like the Florida game. I think BAMA needs to score on every possession to keep the pressure on the OSU offense. 

26 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The OSU TE is every bit as good, if not better than the one from ND, but OSU has good WRs to go with him. That’s the big difference I see in Ohio State’s offense as opposed to Notre Dame. That, combined with a better RB and a better passer/ runner at QB with Fields. I can see this one being a shootout, much like the Florida game. I think BAMA needs to score on every possession to keep the pressure on the OSU offense. 

And the fact that Ohio state can run the ball.  Ohio state had a lot of success against a dang good Clemson front 7.  It was a good battle.  

if Bama has to max protect to keep max Jones upright it will cripple their offense not having the TE as a passing option.  If that happens I think Ohio state wins a close one.  If Bama handles the pressure without keeping the TE in for blocking I think Bama wins a close one.  

9 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

And the fact that Ohio state can run the ball.  Ohio state had a lot of success against a dang good Clemson front 7.  It was a good battle.  

if Bama has to max protect to keep max Jones upright it will cripple their offense not having the TE as a passing option.  If that happens I think Ohio state wins a close one.  If Bama handles the pressure without keeping the TE in for blocking I think Bama wins a close one.  

No argument here. OSU front 7 might be the best BAMA has seen. Big test for what some have called the best OL in college football. That OL is missing it’s leader. Chris Owens played well enough against ND, but there’s a reason Landon Dickerson was the starter. 

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

No argument here. OSU front 7 might be the best BAMA has seen. Big test for what some have called the best OL in college football. That OL is missing it’s leader. Chris Owens played well enough against ND, but there’s a reason Landon Dickerson was the starter. 

72 and 92 for Ohio state were tough

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Justin Fields is the type of QB that you need to beat Alabama. 

Exactly the conversation I was having with someone last night.

If Fields is healthy, and the OSU team from last night shows up, OSU can absolutely win this game. Either way, it should be a close, very good game. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Exactly the conversation I was having with someone last night.

If Fields is healthy, and the OSU team from last night shows up, OSU can absolutely win this game. Either way, it should be a close, very good game. 

I hope Ohio State gets smoked.  I am not sure we could handle the ESPN love for a B10 National Champion 

I have been indifferent to who made the playoffs this year as I am not a fan of any of the teams plus the jacked up schedule and a lack of a true playoff lends to these thoughts.  I like Dabo but that is the closest that I come to being a fan of Clemson.

In an obstinate way I kinda want tOSU to win. I can deal with all of the rhetoric with that result as I can filter it.

An interesting look at the statistical comparison: 

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/01/how-alabama-compares-to-ohio-state-in-national-title-game.html

I don’t believe the teams have any common opponents this year. I believe the Big10 and the SEC matched up twice during bowl season. Ole Miss defeated Indiana and Northwestern defeated Auburn. I don’t think either of those games means a hill of beans when looking at BAMA/ OSU. 

On 1/2/2021 at 1:15 AM, Crawford said:

Alabama in a close game.

Unless there's another way to watch this game, I won't be able to since I don't get ESPN.

I don't like that either.  I was at work when the playoffs were going on, and our service provider doesn't carry ESPN so I couldn't watch half Alabama/Notre Dame game until I got home.  I'll  have to say sometimes the 3 channel system that I grew up on was far better than cable coverage today that is expensive in many cases.  Back then you could watch all the major fights on television too, and there wasn't any pay per view.  All major sports were on the major networks.  My thinking is they're trying to save ESPN, because they've have to make a lot of cutbacks in the past year especially with local ESPN stations with their sports talk hosts.  

I'm going with Alabama because of their offensive power.   I watched the Ohio State vs. Indiana game, and while Indiana was good they hung in there with Ohio State, but Ohio State should have blown out that game.  Then Ole Miss beat them in the Outback Bowl.  I think it will be a shootout, and the Tide defense will slow Ohio State enough to win by two touchdowns.  

48 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't like that either.  I was at work when the playoffs were going on, and our service provider doesn't carry ESPN so I couldn't watch half Alabama/Notre Dame game until I got home.  I'll  have to say sometimes the 3 channel system that I grew up on was far better than cable coverage today that is expensive in many cases.  Back then you could watch all the major fights on television too, and there wasn't any pay per view.  All major sports were on the major networks.  My thinking is they're trying to save ESPN, because they've have to make a lot of cutbacks in the past year especially with local ESPN stations with their sports talk hosts.  

I'm going with Alabama because of their offensive power.   I watched the Ohio State vs. Indiana game, and while Indiana was good they hung in there with Ohio State, but Ohio State should have blown out that game.  Then Ole Miss beat them in the Outback Bowl.  I think it will be a shootout, and the Tide defense will slow Ohio State enough to win by two touchdowns.  

Yeah, It's all about the $$$$. I couldn't watch LSU/Clemson last season either. I don't know when the last time I watched a Monday Night Football game. With that said, for some reason MNF was on ABC two or three times this season, which they never have before. At least what I remember.

I think Alabama wins this game, but it will be close. I am truly thankful we got to this point. It really looked touch and go there for a little bit. We made it through the season, the CFP is almost done. I pray we have as close to a normal season as possible next year. 

• Like 1