🏆National Championship 🏆

Stoney

National Championship   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alabama
    • Ohio State

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

So... Is this offense better than LSU 2019? Its VERY close I think. 

I think so yes. #1 they absolutely dominated the offensive awards and #2 they are way more consistent. They have not laid an egg offensively a single time and they’ve done it against 13 power 5 opponents. No Georgia Southern, Northwestern State and Utah State to pad the stats against. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Man. Bad day today? Talk to a therapist. This isn't your outlet. :)

I was just asking you a question.  I’m still trying to decide if I’m applying for the Bama bandwagon Texas chapter.  I’ve never done the chant and felt you knew when to appropriately start it.  

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

As for Ohio st same score was exact same as A&M and bama .

Yea I too have noticed that when A&M lost by 28 it was harped on and I think single handedly kept them from the playoffs. If they had lost by 17 they probably get in but 28 scared the committee. Then bama beats Ohio st by 28 and we get to talk about how great bama is where as the same 28 points were more of an indication of how A&M wasn't playoff caliber. Funny how that works. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea I too have noticed that when A&M lost by 28 it was harped on and I think single handedly kept them from the playoffs. If they had lost by 17 they probably get in but 28 scared the committee. Then bama beats Ohio st by 28 and we get to talk about how great bama is where as the same 28 points were more of an indication of how A&M wasn't playoff caliber. Funny how that works. 

^

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

^

No im not claiming anything. I'm just saying the narrative that A&M wasn't in the same atmosphere as the other playoff teams is not true. In comparing their only common opponent, I didnt see anything that makes me believe Ohio st would have faired any better than A&M would have last night... Yet you can almost directly attribute A&M being left out to their 28 point loss to bama in week 2. I bet if the committee thought Bama would do nearly the same thing to both ND and Ohio st they would have looked at A&M a little differently. At least not all but laughed at them all over espn for a whole weekend over wanting to be included in the discussion. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No im not claiming anything. I'm just saying the narrative that A&M wasn't in the same atmosphere as the other playoff teams is not true. In comparing their only common opponent, I didnt see anything that makes me believe Ohio st would have faired any better than A&M would have last night... Yet you can almost directly attribute A&M being left out to their 28 point loss to bama in week 2. I bet if the committee thought Bama would do nearly the same thing to both ND and Ohio st they would have looked at A&M a little differently. At least not all but laughed at them all over espn for a whole weekend over wanting to be included in the discussion. 

IMO this is where history comes into play.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You know where I fall in this.  A&M was every bit as good as Notre Dame and I don’t think Ohio State should have qualified despite probably having a top 4 team in talent.  Expand to 8 or 16 and make college football post season fun to watch again

• Like 1