🏆National Championship 🏆

Stoney

National Championship   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alabama
    • Ohio State

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No im not claiming anything. I'm just saying the narrative that A&M wasn't in the same atmosphere as the other playoff teams is not true. In comparing their only common opponent, I didnt see anything that makes me believe Ohio st would have faired any better than A&M would have last night... Yet you can almost directly attribute A&M being left out to their 28 point loss to bama in week 2. I bet if the committee thought Bama would do nearly the same thing to both ND and Ohio st they would have looked at A&M a little differently. At least not all but laughed at them all over espn for a whole weekend over wanting to be included in the discussion. 

You get the best of both worlds. 

You won a bowl game and avoided getting blown out again, and you can claim you were slighted for the rest of time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

You won a bowl game and avoided getting blown out again, and you can claim you were slighted for the rest of time. 

This I agree with but let me do some research with my follow up to why A&M is probably fighting so hard to get in

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

We do love a good slighting. 😂

28 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

IMO this is where history comes into play.

Wetsu does not want history to ever be mentioned and does not believe it should ever be considered when debating the current season’s best teams and I totally get that, but no matter what you may want it doesn’t mean that’s what you’ll get.

In the situation with A&M missing the CFP you almost have to believe A&M’s lack of ever really winning much of anything historically had to play into the committee’s decision somewhat. We may never know for sure exactly how they came to their decision, but I would not be surprised if A&M’s lack of skins on the wall hurt their chances. These are still people making these decisions not a completely unbiased algorithm that doesn’t know Team A’s overall program accomplishments versus Team B’s.

It’s just the way it is. History matters.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

But are Longhorn fans really doing tht? This Longhorn fan is not only hoping we can see that kind of success.

Never really saw any Longhorn fans talking like that...

Now I have seen a few popping off with unrealistic expectations for Sark when it comes to the offense, but that's about it...

5 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Never really saw any Longhorn fans talking like that...

Now I have seen a few popping off with unrealistic expectations for Sark when it comes to the offense, but that's about it...

I’d ecstatic if next year UT could match just 80% of Alabama’s offensive success they had this year. Shoot, 70-75% would still be a great output, but you have to remember UT doesn’t have the number of great players Alabama trotted out there last night. 
So, there zero chance in the world I’d expect the offense to match what Alabama did this season.

27 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Wetsu does not want history to ever be mentioned and does not believe it should ever be considered when debating the current season’s best teams and I totally get that, but no matter what you may want it doesn’t mean that’s what you’ll get.

In the situation with A&M missing the CFP you almost have to believe A&M’s lack of ever really winning much of anything historically had to play into the committee’s decision somewhat. We may never know for sure exactly how they came to their decision, but I would not be surprised if A&M’s lack of skins on the wall hurt their chances. These are still people making these decisions not a completely unbiased algorithm that doesn’t know Team A’s overall program accomplishments versus Team B’s.

It’s just the way it is. History matters.

Oh i agree the history plays a part. Although I believe a program failures should also factor in... ND has laid an egg in nearly every highly meaningful game its played for damn near 30 years lol 

Just now, Valhalla said:

Here is the secret of why Alabama’s offense was so good:

They have the best O-line in the nation this year. 

Texas is 3-4 years away from even thinking about have a great O-line.

I was literally typing this as you posted it. 

Texas Oline is going to be what holds them back for the next 2 years IMO. Sark will still be fine I think but any fan watching last nights game and expecting anything close to that needs to be ready for the letdown. sark didnt look near this good anywhere he's been and I believe its because even I could call plays for bama and put up 40+ on teams based on Bamas talent. 

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yea I too have noticed that when A&M lost by 28 it was harped on and I think single handedly kept them from the playoffs. If they had lost by 17 they probably get in but 28 scared the committee. Then bama beats Ohio st by 28 and we get to talk about how great bama is where as the same 28 points were more of an indication of how A&M wasn't playoff caliber. Funny how that works. 

Same 28 points?   Matchups matter.  Bama might beat you guys buy 48 this late in the season.  Their offense might have been just getting going when they played y’all some 2 months ago.....  the score being the same has no bearing on comparing Ohio state to aTm.  Especially when you guys played them early season.  Lol. 

but carry on dreaming about what might’ve been.  

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’d ecstatic if next year UT could match just 80% of Alabama’s offensive success they had this year. Shoot, 70-75% would still be a great output, but you have to remember UT doesn’t have the number of great players Alabama trotted out there last night. 
So, there zero chance in the world I’d expect the offense to match what Alabama did this season.

Texas will get there. Play calling will improve. 

The thing that Texas has to work on is player development and maximizing talent. This goes back to Strong, in there was too much complacency and not enough growth from the players. Herman's big issue was not maximizing the talent he had. He recruited well, but just never used the players he had in the manner that best suited them.

Maybe Sark gets them to the next level eventually, but it won't happen overnight. Like Val said, it will take three or four years. Hopefully the boosters give him the time...

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Same 28 points?   Matchups matter.  Bama might beat you guys buy 48 this late in the season.  Their offense might have been just getting going when they played y’all some 2 months ago.....  the score being the same has no bearing on comparing Ohio state to aTm.  Especially when you guys played them early season.  Lol. 

but carry on dreaming about what might’ve been.  

You think bama is the only team in the country that's gotten better? 

A&Ms offense is MUCH better than it was in week 2. Hell I don't think bama would have time to score 48 let alone beat us by 48. A&M would control the clock and lose by 17. 

And why so butt hurt about a conversation? I know your team hasn't sniffed the playoffs but the 1st team out always has a meaningful debate to be had. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&Ms offense is MUCH better than it was in week 2. Hell I don't think bama would have time to score 48 let alone beat us by 48. A&M would control the clock and lose by 17. 

And why so butt hurt about a conversation? I know your team hasn't sniffed the playoffs but the 1st team out always has a meaningful debate to be had. 

I'm telling you dude. He's had a rough day and is trying to take it out on you.

It's absolutely hilarious... In a game thread about Ohio State and Bama, he's still looking for some gotcha moment regarding A&M. 

Can you imagine having a team/fanbase own that much space in your head, completely rent-free? 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Here is the secret of why Alabama’s offense was so good:

They have the best O-line in the nation this year. 

Texas is 3-4 years away from even thinking about have a great O-line.

Best OL, 2 top 5 WRs, possibly the best RB, a serviceable QB, and a damned good secondary 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Man I don't want to get into this peeing contest, but let's not forget the Aggies were down 20-17 in the 4th quarter to a 3 loss UNC team that was missing several key starters on both sides of the ball just over a week ago.

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

Man I don't want to get into this peeing contest, but let's not forget the Aggies were down 20-17 in the 4th quarter to a 3 loss UNC team that was missing several key starters on both sides of the ball just over a week ago.

To be fair A&M was also down 3 starters lol. 

I see your point, but my point is that the argument continued to be that Bama blew out A&M so A&M must not have been as good as ND and Ohio st. Bama beat them both by about the same margin as what they beat A&M and A&M beat the only other common opponent UNC about the same as what ND did... It was two score spread for both games thanks to late TDs by both A&M and ND. Players playing or not. We can't discuss the players being out only when it benefits the team in question. The players out didnt matter for ND when they beat a undermanned clemson. 

13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Best OL, 2 top 5 WRs, possibly the best RB, a serviceable QB, and a damned good secondary 

And most importantly:  a little troll of a grouchy dude patrolling the sideline! Players and assistants have came and went but I'll Nicky still gets em coached up better than anybody. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

For someone who often claims to be so smart, you sure missed the part where I said “might” beat you by 48.  Might not.  But you were comparing your game from early October to the games last night.  That’s where the stupidity occurred.  

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I'm telling you dude. He's had a rough day and is trying to take it out on you.

It's absolutely hilarious... In a game thread about Ohio State and Bama, he's still looking for some gotcha moment regarding A&M. 

Can you imagine having a team/fanbase own that much space in your head, completely rent-free? 🤣🤣🤣

He had a stupid moment and you’re joining him.  Had he, and you, read what I wrote instead of what you thought I said you’d understand. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

It’s not a contest, I just showed him the flaw in his comparison.  He took it the wrong way and the other frat boy had to jump in the fight

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

To be fair A&M was also down 3 starters lol. 

I see your point, but my point is that the argument continued to be that Bama blew out A&M so A&M must not have been as good as ND and Ohio st. Bama beat them both by about the same margin as what they beat A&M and A&M beat the only other common opponent UNC about the same as what ND did... It was two score spread for both games thanks to late TDs by both A&M and ND. Players playing or not. We can't discuss the players being out only when it benefits the team in question. The players out didnt matter for ND when they beat a undermanned clemson. 

But aTm lost early season and in the regular season, which is what gets you to the playoff,  comparing that to something that happened after the playoff selection doesn’t even matter, except to those who think it matters.  It doesn’t matter.  

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Give me a team of mostly 99-rating players and I will crush y'all on Madden! 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1