Texan Live joins DCTF

Eagleborn

I just hope the UIL allows home team streams to continue. We had so many viewers, we’d pay them a cut. That’s all they want. The problem with the playoffs I listened to is the commentators just weren’t familiar with the teams. And the camera work wasn’t very good in several games I saw. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

The logistics will determine if I switch from NFHS.

NFHS streaming was pretty damn awful this year. 

Half the games I watched on NFHS were TL streams. Didn’t have a issue with what I watched all season. 

16 hours ago, Matt said:

I just hope the UIL allows home team streams to continue. We had so many viewers, we’d pay them a cut. That’s all they want. The problem with the playoffs I listened to is the commentators just weren’t familiar with the teams. And the camera work wasn’t very good in several games I saw. 

Hopefully they can have some sort of training for the people running the equipment and commentators ... there were vast differences in quality depending on which games you watched ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Hopefully they can have some sort of training for the people running the equipment and commentators ... there were vast differences in quality depending on which games you watched ....

That'd be awesome if we had full time folks...but for the most part its students and young people doing the majority of the broadcasts..so its often on the job training it just happens to be their on the job training is with an audience 

Just now, MattStepp said:

That'd be awesome if we had full time folks...but for the most part its students and young people with other gigs doing the majority of the broadcasts..so its often on the job training it just happens to be their on the job training is with an audience....

Maybe one day we'll get to that point where we have a staff of full time broadcasters though 

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Maybe one day we'll get to that point where we have a staff of full time broadcasters though 

In all seriousness, if done right (and I think y’all do a great job at DCTF) this could be really, really good for high school sports in Texas if the UIL will allow it. 

5 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I watched one game and I kept wishing they would show the scoreboard once in a while .... you couldn't find out the game situation unless the announcer mentioned it ... couldn't see the score or the time remaing or quarter .... they should show the scoreboard more often ....

On 1/3/2021 at 3:04 PM, MattStepp said:

Excited about this addition..just makes our brand stronger...more to come after football season! 

Next time you're in the 9-0-3, hit me up...  let's have lunch.   

2 hours ago, longhorncrazy said:

And what's the feel or word about next season? UIL going to waive the ban again on Friday night's or go back to it?

My guess is the UIL goes back to the Friday night blackout rule but thats also hoping we are back to full stands etc by August

On 1/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, MattStepp said:

There are some things that need to be cleaned up (its live streaming HS Football it can be dicey), but on the whole I've been very impressed with the product Texan Live put out and I hope it'll be a win-win

It reminds of when the NCAA had their blackout and only allowed ABC to do one "Game of the Week" in the 1970s when I was growing up. Their reasoning was it would affect attendance of games. They could not have been more wrong! This is all changed in 1984 when the TV contracts started multiplying across the various conferences. Attendance actually went up. Again, I just think if the UIL came up with a reasonable $$ amount kickback to them, they would should allow these. @MattStepp, who would you recommend contacting at the UIL to lobby for this? I have talked to a couple of broadcast crews that stream their home games and all of us would like to lobby for that. Again, I know the playoffs are a different deal and congrats on getting those games. But we are local and we should have the right to let our fans see our games. But that's an argument to make with the UIL. Who would you suggest to contact?

4 hours ago, Matt said:

It reminds of when the NCAA had their blackout and only allowed ABC to do one "Game of the Week" in the 1970s when I was growing up. Their reasoning was it would affect attendance of games. They could not have been more wrong! This is all changed in 1984 when the TV contracts started multiplying across the various conferences. Attendance actually went up. Again, I just think if the UIL came up with a reasonable $$ amount kickback to them, they would should allow these. @MattStepp, who would you recommend contacting at the UIL to lobby for this? I have talked to a couple of broadcast crews that stream their home games and all of us would like to lobby for that. Again, I know the playoffs are a different deal and congrats on getting those games. But we are local and we should have the right to let our fans see our games. But that's an argument to make with the UIL. Who would you suggest to contact?

The UIL is going to do the bidding of the schools, before this year a vast majority of the schools wanted the Friday night blackout in place. My suggestion would to be lobby with your local ISDs and for them to take it to the UIL Executive Council...

• Like 1