Crosby vs. Liberty Hill-- State Semi Final

dme1111

On 1/6/2021 at 7:43 AM, Cougar239 said:

I wouldn't push all my chips to the middle of the table and gamble on them not being able to pass. Seems to me that their opponents haven't effectively put them in situations to have to pass. A run heavy team will continue to pound the ball if they can. If Crosby can get a defensive push up front and get defenders in the backfield LH may try and pass to ease the run pressure. 

I'm all in on that gamble.  If LH has to throw, they lose.  

The only game I have ever watched LH play was against my Dawgs in 2018.

They ran all over our defense but the Dawgs passed on LH with ease. They had no one that could run with the Dawg receivers. The Dawgs decided to have a bad day catching the ball, they dropped 4  passes with no one within 5 yards of them. All four would have been touch downs. They beat the Dawgs by 3 points.

If Crosby can make two or three stops, they win this game in my opinion.

18 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The only game I have ever watched LH play was against my Dawgs in 2018.

They ran all over our defense but the Dawgs passed on LH with ease. They had no one that could run with the Dawg receivers. The Dawgs decided to have a bad day catching the ball, they dropped 4  passes with no one within 5 yards of them. All four would have been touch downs. They beat the Dawgs by 3 points.

If Crosby can make two or three stops, they win this game in my opinion.

I re-watched the 2018 Carthage vs LH game yesterday.  Prior to watching, I was thinking LH would likely lose to Crosby.  I was reminded of their fight and determination.  Nobody gave LH a snowball's chance in the hot place of beating Carthage, but they did it, regardless of how.  I'll be surprised if this isn't a close one and I'd give LH a decent shot at winning.  Crosby can't be much better than that Carthage team, can they?

4 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

I re-watched the 2018 Carthage vs LH game yesterday.  Prior to watching, I was thinking LH would likely lose to Crosby.  I was reminded of their fight and determination.  Nobody gave LH a snowball's chance in the hot place of beating Carthage, but they did it, regardless of how.  I'll be surprised if this isn't a close one and I'd give LH a decent shot at winning.  Crosby can't be much better than that Carthage team, can they?

L H had an impressive soph. running back in 2018...……….I don't know if he stayed at L H or not, but if so, I bet he gets his yards this week.

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Our defense took quite a few steps back in 2018 from where it was in 2017. They were poor in that LH game not only tackling, but staying home and defending their gaps. Carthage did everything in that game for LH to win it from the offense dropping four touchdowns to just playing terrible defense. 

Liberty Hill capitalized and you must give them credit for that. 

That dang offense aggravates me.

Go Crosby!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Our defense took quite a few steps back in 2018 from where it was in 2017. They were poor in that LH game not only tackling, but staying home and defending their gaps. Carthage did everything in that game for LH to win it from the offense dropping four touchdowns to just playing terrible defense. 

Liberty Hill capitalized and you must give them credit for that. 

That dang offense aggravates me.

Go Crosby!

And LH had a good bit of missed assignments or they could of scored more. 

Unlike most, I love to watch a well executed Slot T.   Close to 50% of the time, I’m watching the wrong RB.   Can imagine how tough it is for the Defenses they’re facing.  But hey, I enjoyed the Wishbone.