The Smoakhouse Forums

Crosby vs. Liberty Hill-- State Semi Final

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Liberty Hill has had 5A numbers for at least ten years. They count their kids with dominion ballot machines.

Helluva game!  As a Jasper fans we went thru that same scenario with Liberty Hill in 2004 semi finals with the game ending with Jasper making a stop on the goal line to end/win the game. Tho

LH settles for FG.  35-31 LH to get ball at start of second half.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

What an amazing game. But Aledo wins another title next week, yea? 

I think Aledo will be 21Pt favorites.  I’m still hoping Crosby can play the roll of David and slay the giant!! 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, house said:

Aledo needs some competition and I don't see it.   

Yep, I don’t see it either.

• Like 1

Aledo wins because they have a better defense than Crosby.

And a better offense....

But the defense will be the difference IMHO.

While recording all the 4A SC games, I inadvertently recorded the Manvel/Highland Park 2017 SC (Classic), which HP won in spectacular ending 53-49.  I watched it again and remember thinking, the most exciting game I’ve ever seen.  Amazingly, last night’s game rivaled it.  That was a Hollywood ending, whether LH makes the two point conversion or not.  Happy for Crosby, but I’d rather seen a legitimate stop, not a LH fumble on a handoff they’ve done a thousand times.

My one last comment, I think D1 scouts are missing a bet with LH’s #42.  Kid has size, speed, determination, and heart.   He should be given a chance at the next level.  I’m no coach but he appears to have all the tools.  Maybe one of you Coaches can tell me why I’m wrong.  I must be missing something.

19 hours ago, Hagar said:

C TD.  Up 55-39

Dandy Don is tuning up.

I thought so too at that point in game.  Dang LH has zero quit in them. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I thought so too at that point in game.  Dang LH has zero quit in them. 

You nailed it.  I had just about given up on them, but they hadn’t given up on themselves.

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

While recording all the 4A SC games, I inadvertently recorded the Manvel/Highland Park 2017 SC (Classic), which HP won in spectacular ending 53-49.  I watched it again and remember thinking, the most exciting game I’ve ever seen.  Amazingly, last night’s game rivaled it.  That was a Hollywood ending, whether LH makes the two point conversion or not.  Happy for Crosby, but I’d rather seen a legitimate stop, not a LH fumble on a handoff they’ve done a thousand times.

My one last comment, I think D1 scouts are missing a bet with LH’s #42.  Kid has size, speed, determination, and heart.   He should be given a chance at the next level.  I’m no coach but he appears to have all the tools.  Maybe one of you Coaches can tell me why I’m wrong.  I must be missing something.

If he wants to play in college there is a place for him.  He will just have to find it and go earn it.  Maybe not D1, but he can earn a roster spot.

23 hours ago, Hagar said:

Simpson was a beast as a sophomore. He ran over Carthage in 2018. I remember being surprised he was only a sophomore then. Like PN15 said, he can find a spot if he really wants to play. Kid can play at the next level for sure.