Church Shooting In Winona

BarryLaverty

It all started last night when the perp was involved in a car wreck.  I think I heard he hit a state trooper's cruiser but not sure about that.  He then fled the scene and apparently hid out in the church.  This morning the pastor,  who had a gun,  found him in the bathroom.  The perp stole the gun from him and shot and killed the pastor.  Perp in custody and in the hospital for a gunshot wound to his hand.  I believe there are others who were injured as well,  but I believe only the pastor is dead.  Perp will be facing capital murder charges.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

They shouldn't.   Perp is black. This will blow over soon.  Doesn't fit the narrative.

You are right ... nothing to see here folks ... move along .... it's a sad state of affairs when skin color is the determining factor in what is newsworthy or not ...

Prayers for all people  involved and their families ...

53 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

They shouldn't.   Perp is black. This will blow over soon.  Doesn't fit the narrative.

Dumb ### needs to be thrown the book and pay heavily for his actions..... my issue is and maybe its just because I wasn't paying attention but I heard nothing of the suspect being in Winona the night b4 during the chase, it'd been nice for me and my family to be alert and on the lookout, but as I said it could've been me just not paying attention.... skin color plays no part in this crime.... he needs to pay to the fullest extent IMO, our tax dollars shouldn't go towards his lawyers or food or anything, lock him up and throw away the key 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JETT said:

Dumb ### needs to be thrown the book and pay heavily for his actions..... my issue is and maybe its just because I wasn't paying attention but I heard nothing of the suspect being in Winona the night b4 during the chase, it'd been nice for me and my family to be alert and on the lookout, but as I said it could've been me just not paying attention.... skin color plays no part in this crime.... he needs to pay to the fullest extent IMO, our tax dollars shouldn't go towards his lawyers or food or anything, lock him up and throw away the key 

I hear ya.  I don't want to jump the gun here,  but sounds like someone (local PD, state dps or both,) dropped the ball here.  But again,  we need to wait until all the dust settles.  Perp will face death penalty according to sheriff.

45 minutes ago, JETT said:

I agree, but that's not how the libtard media will play it ... it will blow over in a few days ... only because the perp is black ... nothing to see here because it doesn't fuel the flames of racism ... that's what the media likes to do .... Unca Jessee and The Rev Sharptoon can't make no money inciting racism on this one .... no phony  "hands up don't shoot" stuff to play on ....

• Like 1

This was not a religiously motivated like sutherland springs, The perp was running from the law and hid out in a country church, and when confronted killed a man and hurt others.   If he would have been shot in major city he would have become the next patron saint of riots and looting. 
I do pray for all involved and for the perps salvation.

Who turned this terrible story into something racial, but 'conservatives' on here? There is no comparison or relation or remote defense of this by anyone to racial justice issues, which do exist, nor should there be. Very revelatory the kneejerk reaction to it. It was a horrible act of violence by a criminal against a religious leader. PERIOD. 

Nobody turned into a racial story berri.  Just saying that because it's not racial,  it will fade from the spotlight soon.  Doesn't feed the "America is racist and blacks are dropping like flies at the hands of klansmen" narrative the media likes to peddle.

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I agree, but that's not how the libtard media will play it ... it will blow over in a few days ... only because the perp is black ... nothing to see here because it doesn't fuel the flames of racism ... that's what the media likes to do .... Unca Jessee and The Rev Sharptoon can't make no money inciting racism on this one .... no phony  "hands up don't shoot" stuff to play on ....

👆

15 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Nobody turned into a racial story berri.  Just saying that because it's not racial,  it will fade from the spotlight soon.  Doesn't feed the "America is racist and blacks are dropping like flies at the hands of klansmen" narrative the media likes to peddle.

7 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I know it won't for East Texas.  I know the Daingerfield shooting was talked about  for decades later.  This is a bit different than that shooting.  

5 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I know it won't for East Texas.  I know the Daingerfield shooting was talked about  for decades later.  This is a bit different than that shooting.  

No doubt.  I was referring to it being a national story being covered 24/7.  This won't qualify.

6 hours ago, JETT said:

I can remember back in the 70's several families in my neighborhood had police scanners on.  I don't think those are available anymore due to the new technology.  Back then they knew when someone was being pulled over for minor traffic offenses.  It seems like they could come up with some alert system today.  Heck anytime a child is abducted anywhere in the State of Texas phones go off with Amber alerts even if the abduction happened 800 miles away.  You would expect to hear something from the local police if someone hit a police vehicle and was on the lam.  I wonder why he would choose a church to hid out in, especially on a Saturday night, and then stay there all night.