Church Shooting In Winona

BarryLaverty

2 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

This was not a religiously motivated like sutherland springs, The perp was running from the law and hid out in a country church, and when confronted killed a man and hurt others.   If he would have been shot in major city he would have become the next patron saint of riots and looting. 
I do pray for all involved and for the perps salvation.

I thought Sutherland Springs was over a family dispute, and some of his estranged wife or girlfriends family attended the church.  That nut just didn't care who was a casualty in that shooting.  

18 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I can remember back in the 70's several families in my neighborhood had police scanners on.  I don't think those are available anymore due to the new technology.  Back then they knew when someone was being pulled over for minor traffic offenses.  It seems like they could come up with some alert system today.  Heck anytime a child is abducted anywhere in the State of Texas phones go off with Amber alerts even if the abduction happened 800 miles away.  You would expect to hear something from the local police if someone hit a police vehicle and was on the lam.  I wonder why he would choose a church to hid out in, especially on a Saturday night, and then stay there all night.  

Oh,Scanners are still out there. My neighbor stays by hers at all times. She is always listening to hear who is pulled over or where the Ambulance is going, or where the Fire Department is headed.....😜

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Who turned this terrible story into something racial, but 'conservatives' on here? There is no comparison or relation or remote defense of this by anyone to racial justice issues, which do exist, nor should there be. Very revelatory the kneejerk reaction to it. It was a horrible act of violence by a criminal against a religious leader. PERIOD. 

No one did, they were simply stating that this news will be dropped quickly by the media.  Had it been a white man that shot a black pastor it would have been news for a week or more.  The media would have tried to find a way to show that there is systematic racism in America.  I think either way it wouldn't have mattered what color of skin the perp was or the victim.  The perp was trying to hide out in a church to avoid being arrested.  I think it was the worst place for him to hide out.  I don't know why the pastor pulled his weapon.  From the story he was unarmed in the church, but had a shotgun in his car.  That's the only reason I can see BLM entering is the pastor pulled his gun on him, and he now faces the death penalty.  If he is found guilty I can see an outcry, since he was unarmed in the church.  In most cases he could claim self defense, but he was trespassing when you enter a church when church isn't in service.  I can see why a followup to this story needs to be done, because I have many questions in regards to this case.  

1.  Why was he in the Winona area with a shotgun ?  i could understand if he had family in the area or was seeing a friend/girlfriend in the area.  He obviously wasn't hunting unless there were clothes other than the one's he was wearing. 2. Why didn't he stay and tell the LPD why he was in the area, and flee instead ?    3.  Why did the Pastor pull his gun ?  This could potentially bring out the left saying guns shouldn't be allowed in churches.  4. Once he had the gun why not run off with it, and not shoot anyone.  Why not just make an escape ?  

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Oh,Scanners are still out there. My neighbor stays by hers at all times. She is always listening to hear who is pulled over or where the Ambulance is going, or where the Fire Department is headed.....😜

I know there an older generation thing.  People think we grew up in the dark ages, but scanners were how many people knew EVERYTHING that was going on in town.  Plus parents were more prone to call other parents whenever their kids were acting up.  That's how many parents knew what their kids did before they even got home if they weren't arrested.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I can remember back in the 70's several families in my neighborhood had police scanners on.  I don't think those are available anymore due to the new technology.  Back then they knew when someone was being pulled over for minor traffic offenses.  It seems like they could come up with some alert system today.  Heck anytime a child is abducted anywhere in the State of Texas phones go off with Amber alerts even if the abduction happened 800 miles away.  You would expect to hear something from the local police if someone hit a police vehicle and was on the lam.  I wonder why he would choose a church to hid out in, especially on a Saturday night, and then stay there all night.  

To bad he didn't end up 3 miles down the road at my place, the pastor would be alive and the perps family would be arranging funeral plans JS

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

RIP.  Prayers go out to this man's family and the community.  Haven't seen or heard anything else about this in the national media since the first day afterwards, which of course comes as no surprise whatsoever.

My guess would be because the perp was apprehended quickly and is awaiting trial for his senseless act he chose, also LE dropped the ball in this case and they know it possibly another reason for crickets 

For the 10000th time, justice will be served. What would be the purpose for BLM. Very seldom does a black person get off without punishment for murder. A problem in this country when white people are allowed to pepper spray cops and live to tell about it 

17 hours ago, JETT said:

My guess would be because the perp was apprehended quickly and is awaiting trial for his senseless act he chose, also LE dropped the ball in this case and they know it possibly another reason for crickets 

Please.  If you swapped the perp with the victim Winona would be reduced to a pile of smoldering ashes and on a round the clock media loop.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Please.  If you swapped the perp with the victim Winona would be reduced to a pile of smoldering ashes and on a round the clock media loop.

If we swapped em the perp would be at home this morning having breakfast 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

One brave black dude. You already know what's about to be said. "This is a setup", "not the same cop", "this is an anomaly" etc....

Of course, plenty more examples out there that the dark skin has a rougher route in this thing called life to get to where were headed.... TBH, I dont let it bother me much, I look at all races the same and treat you the same as long as I'm respected as a man b4 my skin color.... ill raise my son the same way to respect all ppl til your disrespected, then be a man and stand up for yourself and that's just facts.... I don't believe all ppl are racist but there is still plenty out there 

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

My favorite are the black cops unlawfully harassing the white guys. Narrative buster. It’s 100%not a race issue. It’s a cop issue

Never mentioned race with cops. One thing I hate more than a racist cop is a black cop trying to fit in or impress a racists cop. Experienced quite a bit of those in my day.