2021 NFL Coaching Changes

21 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Would definitely help Watson. If the Texans can get an offensive head coach, upgrade the o-line, and add a couple receivers they have a chance to be pretty good.

They were good with the trash that numbnuts put out there.  He was a good football coach, just a HORRIBLE roster manager.

11 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yes a Good Gm can go along way. 

A good GM is definitely needed. I'm actually not too worried about the offense. I think RB is a need, and that may be it...I think a WR corps anchored by Cooks and Fuller sets up well. Chad Hansen came on well late, but I don't see him as a long term option. Keke Coutee is an unknown because he spent so much time in BoB's doghouse. Not a lot of people realized that Watson led the league in passing this year and completed a higher percentage of passes than the great Mahomes...

Defense is what the GM will need to address. Everyone in Houston has come to terms with JJ getting traded to a contender this offseason. I hate to see it, but he deserves a chance to win and it won't happen in Houston during his career.

I'm really interested to see where they go for GM. They are supposedly going after Nick Caserio from New England again. I want nothing to do with the "Patriot Way" anymore. They need to step away from that tree and try something new...So far the names attached are Caserio (New England), Omar Khan (Pittsburg), Malik Boyd (Buffalo), Louis Riddick (ESPN), and Matt Bazirgan (Internal). Outside of Caserio and Bazirgan I don't think you can go wrong with those guys. I wouldn't mind seeing John Dorsey get a call though...

19 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

They were good with the trash that ##### put out there.  He was a good football coach, just a HORRIBLE roster manager.

Think Joe Brady is ready for his first HC gig? Starting to see a buzz about him in Houston. 

I'm not 100% sure he is ready, but he would definitely be something new...

18 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Think Joe Brady is ready for his first HC gig? Starting to see a buzz about him in Houston. 

I'm not 100% sure he is ready, but he would definitely be something new...

No.  But he couldn’t say no to that opportunity 

9 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Would definitely help Watson. If the Texans can get an offensive head coach, upgrade the o-line, and add a couple receivers they have a chance to be pretty good.

Good luck doing that with the lack of draft picks and salary cap hell they're in.  I'm hearing many in Houston saying they want Urban Meyer, and after this year I wish the Cowboys would have hired him last year.  

14 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Caserio gets a 6-year deal and becomes one of the top-3 paid GM's in the NFL. Watch Buffalo OC Brian Daboll jump to the top of the coaching list in Houston. He has done two stints in New England, so a rapport is there with Caserio...

Daboll did a good job with Josh Allen. I just don’t see how this thing will get turned around in less than 2 years. Year 1’s draft picks are bad. Year 2 of the rebuild. Year 3 see year 2 with some promise. Sad thing is. Still probably have less issues than Dalls does.