🐯LSU 2021 Thread🐯

Stoney

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU’s new OC is a 35 yr old from the Joe Brady coaching tree (doesn’t sound right).  He will bring his GA (30 yr old) with him...

I'm picking up a trend, kinda like when colleges started offering prospects outta grade school. 

What's the over/under on hotshot GAs getting bigtime OC gigs? One season? Two? 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

I'm picking up a trend, kinda like when colleges started offering prospects outta grade school. 

depends on how this one works out.

And to Joe Brady's credit, he did a decent job with a terrible offense in Carolina.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 11:23 AM, LOL said:

Young seems to be the answer...If they score a lot of points the GA will be a one and done. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/7/2021 at 11:07 AM, MavGrad99 said:

LSU’s new OC is a 35 yr old from the Joe Brady coaching tree (doesn’t sound right).  He will bring his GA (30 yr old) with him...

I didn’t realize a person that’s never been an OC has a coaching tree.  It’s more likely that Joe Brady is from the Sean Peyton coaching tree 

6 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

LSU needs a W in the worst way. Confidence is shaky and will be difficult in the sec. I don’t expect them to go full dumpster fire like last year but not dominant like years past either.  

LSU needs more than a win.  They need to dominate... which they won't, because they aren't coached well.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU needs more than a win.  They need to dominate... which they won't, because they aren't coached well.

Do you think Orgeron survives the season? Who’s on your want list to replace him?

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Do you think Orgeron survives the season? Who’s on your want list to replace him?

He will be fired after finishing 8-4.  He will survive that long I believe.  I don’t care who replaces him, just needs to have experience with top tiered athletes

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Does it scare Aggies just a little bit that Jimbo does not have a buyout in his contract?

A little bit. But I think he is committed to coaching at A&M. He left Florida State because they wouldn't pour resources into his ability to do his job. A&M has and will, and he's already got the foundations building here. I'd be surprised if he left, but am not ruling it out. 

Y'all really want Ed O gone, huh?

Serious question (totally not trolling): exactly what would Jimbo gain by jumping over to LSU at this point?

I gotta say, all things considered it seems like a lateral move (at best) for him right now. 

6 minutes ago, LOL said:

Serious question (totally not trolling): exactly what would Jimbo gain by jumping over to LSU at this point?

I gotta say, all things considered it seems like a lateral move (at best) for him right now. 

I guess they could offer him more money, but I think A&M could match whatever LSU brings and then some. He and Woodward were pals, I guess, and now Woodward is at LSU? 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:08 AM, LOL said:

It's not necessarily a better job right now.  The pay can't get that much better...  Jimbo has history at LSU and everyone in Louisiana wants him.  I just don't know that it is realistic or even reasonable.  Ed O is gone, its just a matter of when.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:15 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

I guess they could offer him more money, but I think A&M could match whatever LSU brings and then some. He and Woodward were pals, I guess, and now Woodward is at LSU? 

conspiracy theorists out of College Station are saying Woodward gave Jimbo the no-buyout was so he could steal him at his next job (LSU).

• Like 1

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

It's not necessarily a better job right now.  The pay can't get that much better...  Jimbo has history at LSU and everyone in Louisiana wants him.  I just don't know that it is realistic or even reasonable.  Ed O is gone, its just a matter of when.

Am I crazy for thinking you go after Joe Brady? Yeah yeah, he doesn't have HC or recruiting bona fides, but dude is stone cold on the X's and O's. 

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Brian Kelly going to LSU???