Texas will fully defund Planned Parenthood in February

RETIREDFAN1

While I know a number of you cannot stand abortions, but choice is a first amendment right. I do agree that the government should NOT be funding institutions that perform abortions, especially for free. But I do believe that people, women have the right to choose if they want to have a medical procedure that terminates the life of a fetus. And if institutions like "planned parenthood" want to perform abortions, medically safe, then they should be allowed to--without GOVERNMENT FUNDING!!!!!

They should have to be donations and private business mixture. If people want to donate to keep "planned parenthood" in business, let them. It is their money. If "planned parenthood" wants to make money--allow them to. Allow them the ability to sell a fetus to a "stem cell research" business, with the mother's permission, and provide her with a 30-40% discount on the abortion. From what I understand, there is great need for a fetus in "stem cell research", and they pay big bucks. So these institutions should be allowed to make money that way--without GOVERNMENT FUNDING. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

A right of the government give me a break dude. You’re a loon . No where do you have a right to kill.

Who is being killed. At this time, and abortion is not considered killing or murder--it is the termination of cells--especially if done prior to a heartbeat. 

Until the law and the Supreme Court decides when life begins--you are NOT killing, or murdering. Abortion is a legal medical procedure. 

I guess the bible doesn't give you the right either. 

Deuteronomy 19:21 

Your eye shall not pity. It shall be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Now I am NO BIBLE scholar--but that pretty much gives you the right to kill. 

And yes, I know your basic church going response--it was the old testament!!!! But aren't christians suppose to believe the entire bible? Even though it was made by a bunch of men from what is now the Catholic Church? 

7 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Again, if it were murder, don't you think someone would be getting prosecuted? Therefore, abortion is NOT murder!!!!!

Just because YOU and a godless government say it isn't don't mean jack....GOD said it is and THAT is all that matters......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Who is being killed. At this time, and abortion is not considered killing or murder--it is the termination of cells--especially if done prior to a heartbeat. 

Until the law and the Supreme Court decides when life begins--you are NOT killing, or murdering. Abortion is a legal medical procedure. 

I guess the bible doesn't give you the right either. 

Deuteronomy 19:21 

Your eye shall not pity. It shall be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Now I am NO BIBLE scholar--but that pretty much gives you the right to kill. 

And yes, I know your basic church going response--it was the old testament!!!! But aren't christians suppose to believe the entire bible? Even though it was made by a bunch of men from what is now the Catholic Church? 

Even Satan quotes out of context scripture......

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I hope that those thousands of women who were using Planned Parenthood for their medical services, not abortion, through Medicaid, will be able to find care elsewhere. Very hard to do in our state. 

Is there anything stopping PP from providing those healthcare services through Medicade without abortion? 

38 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Murder is murder don’t use scripture for your own sin. 

How can I have committed a sin when I haven't murdered? 

I haven't had an abortion personally--I think I would have made a lot more money had I went to term with a child--just selling the pictures of the birth would have made me a millionaire. LOL, SMH. 

22 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Just because abortion is legal does not make it right. Slavery used to be legal too.........

And when they outlaw abortion, which they will never do--And I don't believe that I have even said that abortion is "right". I just have argued for freedom of choice and the government NOT funding abortion institutions. 

But most don't read the entire post, they see freedom of choice and start with all their "god" instilled mumbo-jumbo. It seems to me that those folks should study their bible just a little more--

John 8:7

So when they continued asking Him, He lifted Himself up and said unto them, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

37 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I hope that those thousands of women who were using Planned Parenthood for their medical services, not abortion, through Medicaid, will be able to find care elsewhere. Very hard to do in our state. 

They might should break up into a couple of other "names"

Planning Parenthood--for those medical services--not abortions

Un-Planned Parenthood--for abortions. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/01/05/texas-planned-parenthood-medicaid/

Thousands of low-income Medicaid recipients who rely on Planned Parenthood for non-abortion services like cancer screenings and birth control will have until Feb. 3 to find new health care providers, according to a letter sent from the state’s Health and Human Services Commission to the women’s health provider Monday.

The extension comes after the conservative U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in November sided with Texas officials who have long tried to block Planned Parenthood from participating in Medicaid, the federal-state health insurance program for the poor and disabled. To qualify, a single woman in Texas with two children must make less than $230 a month.

After the court’s ruling, Planned Parenthood asked state officials to delay booting the string of women’s health providers for at least six months to give the organization time to find medical coverage for its more than 8,000 Medicaid patients, many of whom are women of color.

Texas has a shortage of Medicaid providers in part because of the low reimbursement rates, the organization said.

The heads of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast and Planned Parenthood South Texas said in a joint statement Tuesday that the time frame allowed by the state is "woefully inadequate" and jeopardizes access to services including testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections in the midst of a pandemic.

"Planned Parenthood providers play an outsized role in serving Medicaid patients in Texas and across the country," said Ken Lambrecht of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Melaney Linton of Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, and Jeffrey Hons of Planned Parenthood South Texas. "Gov. [Greg] Abbott knows full well that other providers can’t just absorb Planned Parenthood’s family planning patients — a well documented fact explained by the experts, including the American Public Health Association."

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Only the murders will be defunded from what I Read.....

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You just pulling names out of your now......you know good and well that's a lie....just like the one you named that got pulled because it was a personal attack on a member.....😂

Snowflake it was a joke..... 

You know good damn well there's still ppl who wish there were slaves, don't kid yourself like lion 

• Stinks 1