Texas will fully defund Planned Parenthood in February

RETIREDFAN1

Abortion is not suicide.  It's the taking of another life that's not your own.  Therefore,  it's not a personal choice.  Saying abortion isn't murder is like saying slavery wasn't slavery.  That too was once a court sanctioned "right."  Not saying anymore about this.  Been there,  done that.

• Thanks 3

Planned Parenthood takes tax payer money and then gives it to Dem politicians. It’s a racket, and it needs to be defunded. Tons of clinics for people to receive actual health care. Barry is posting propaganda like you can’t drive 10-15 min anywhere in the state and get health care. 

5 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

You don't think that freedom of choice is considered freedom of speech, assembly, petition, religion, and press? It amazes me.....SMH. 

Your choice was not putting a jacket on that thing.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I can’t believe and stand for folks justifying evil then use scripture to rationalize such.

Those who murder Innocent babies might escape Consequences on Earth because of Liberal Judges & Liberal Laws, but ALL who murder one of God’s innocent children will face The Judgement in the Hereafter...✝️

• Thanks 3

maybe I will see you guys outside of clinic next time I participate in picketing one. I won’t hold my breath while you wait for government to do something. I bet not one of you have ever taken any action other than supporting political candidates that just offer lip service. 

5 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

maybe I will see you guys outside of clinic next time I participate in picketing one. I won’t hold my breath while you wait for government to do something. I bet not one of you have ever taken any action other than supporting political candidates that just offer lip service. 

Let me know when/where, & I’ll see if I can be there.

8 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

What would you prefer we do? I wouldn’t openly support a deplorable organization. Nor is there one around. Technically they have a right to be there . Throwing a fit or what not won’t change anything. Voting Democrats out will.

It doesn’t matter what I prefer you do, you have to think for yourself and stop waiting for someone to tell you what to do.

On 1/8/2021 at 1:30 PM, BarryLaverty said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/01/05/texas-planned-parenthood-medicaid/

Thousands of low-income Medicaid recipients who rely on Planned Parenthood for non-abortion services like cancer screenings and birth control will have until Feb. 3 to find new health care providers, according to a letter sent from the state’s Health and Human Services Commission to the women’s health provider Monday.

The extension comes after the conservative U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in November sided with Texas officials who have long tried to block Planned Parenthood from participating in Medicaid, the federal-state health insurance program for the poor and disabled. To qualify, a single woman in Texas with two children must make less than $230 a month.

After the court’s ruling, Planned Parenthood asked state officials to delay booting the string of women’s health providers for at least six months to give the organization time to find medical coverage for its more than 8,000 Medicaid patients, many of whom are women of color.

Texas has a shortage of Medicaid providers in part because of the low reimbursement rates, the organization said.

The heads of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast and Planned Parenthood South Texas said in a joint statement Tuesday that the time frame allowed by the state is "woefully inadequate" and jeopardizes access to services including testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections in the midst of a pandemic.

"Planned Parenthood providers play an outsized role in serving Medicaid patients in Texas and across the country," said Ken Lambrecht of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Melaney Linton of Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, and Jeffrey Hons of Planned Parenthood South Texas. "Gov. [Greg] Abbott knows full well that other providers can’t just absorb Planned Parenthood’s family planning patients — a well documented fact explained by the experts, including the American Public Health Association."

So "thousands of women have to find another place to get cancer screening and bc", but the state won't be financing the murder of thousands of babies?

Sounds like a win to me. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Sad the lengths he will go by to justify .

Those weren't a stretch but a reality pointed out by those interviewed for the Texas Tribune article, which very clearly pointed out that there ISN'T readily available and affordable medical care for those who have the least resources. Just say you don't care and move on. 

8 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Figures, most people are all talk and really are not willing to inconvenience themselves to help save an innocent life. 

You don’t know anything about what I will or won’t do, Ma’am; I stay away from that hellhole as much as possible... For all any of us here know about you, you might just be as insincere as you accuse others to be.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

You don’t know anything about what I will or won’t do, Ma’am; I stay away from that hellhole as much as possible... For all any of us here know about you, you might just be as insincere as you accuse others to be.

No need to attack me personally, (and don’t bother denying it, the reply started out with the objective “you” and not the plural “you”. ) I on the other hand, said MOST people and you sir, took it personally and tried in a feeble attempt to turn it into questioning my sincerity on the issue. If you are not part of the “most” people here is some other ways that can show support.

The Texas Alliance for Life is holding a rally scheduled the 23 of this month in Austin from 2 - 4 pm at the State Capitol in Austin. Should have the info their website. However, recent events may cause it to be moved to a different location, since the state Capitol has increased security in the last few days. The website should post all updates. Yes, it is in liberal Austin, the seat of our state’s government. There is a contacts page on the website and you can inquire about other ways to take action and show support. 

3 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

No need to attack me personally, (and don’t bother denying it, the reply started out with the objective “you” and not the plural “you”. ) I on the other hand, said MOST people and you sir, took it personally and tried in a feeble attempt to turn it into questioning my sincerity on the issue. If you are not part of the “most” people here is some other ways that can show support.

The Texas Alliance for Life is holding a rally scheduled the 23 of this month in Austin from 2 - 4 pm at the State Capitol in Austin. Should have the info their website. However, recent events may cause it to be moved to a different location, since the state Capitol has increased security in the last few days. The website should post all updates. Yes, it is in liberal Austin, the seat of our state’s government. There is a contacts page on the website and you can inquire about other ways to take action and show support. 

You hurl accusations my way of not caring or just paying lip service, but “Oh, don’t attack me personally!” 

Have a nice day, Ma’am; 🙄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

You hurl accusations my way of not caring or just paying lip service, but “Oh, don’t attack me personally!” 

Have a nice day, Ma’am; 🙄

Again, I said “most” people, if that doesn’t apply - then it wasn’t directed at you then was it?

On 1/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, DannyZuco said:

While I know a number of you cannot stand abortions, but choice is a first amendment right. I do agree that the government should NOT be funding institutions that perform abortions, especially for free. But I do believe that people, women have the right to choose if they want to have a medical procedure that terminates the life of a fetus. And if institutions like "planned parenthood" want to perform abortions, medically safe, then they should be allowed to--without GOVERNMENT FUNDING!!!!!

They should have to be donations and private business mixture. If people want to donate to keep "planned parenthood" in business, let them. It is their money. If "planned parenthood" wants to make money--allow them to. Allow them the ability to sell a fetus to a "stem cell research" business, with the mother's permission, and provide her with a 30-40% discount on the abortion. From what I understand, there is great need for a fetus in "stem cell research", and they pay big bucks. So these institutions should be allowed to make money that way--without GOVERNMENT FUNDING. 

Murder is murder.  The funding of it is irrelevant  .... a discount on abortion ... really?