Michigan

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Poor Michigan fans now have to endure more years of Harbaugh.

Ohio State fans just laugh!

Texas has cycled through coaches, but at least they’re striving to improve. Michigan seems to have accepted mediocrity. I am glad UT is trying to fight against stinking every year. 

Truthfully, until this season, Michigan was better than mediocre. Harbaugh was averaging 9 wins per season before 2020. The knock on him is his inability to beat their arch rival. Herman was what, 1-3 vs OU? He got canned because UT appeared to have peaked in year 2. Gus was 3-5 vs BAMA. He got canned because they kept laying eggs in big road games. If harbaugh could ever knock off OSU and win a big bowl game, he would be in good shape for a while. I wonder what kind of ridiculous buyout they put in this new contract? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I am not sure about the buyout in the updated contract. Michigan has really looked pretty pitiful to me for the last two seasons and he just absolutely can’t beat OSU. He should be gone not given an extension.

Who would you have hired to replace him that would guarantee that Michigan could beat Ohio State?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Who would you have hired to replace him that would guarantee that Michigan could beat Ohio State?

Tom Herman, ha! Joking and not joking all at the same time.

Herman can get his team ready to play big games and bowl games he just consistently played down to his competition and mismanaged his players on offense.

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Woody Hayes and Bo Schemblechers’ love child? It would be easier for Ohio State to fall back to Michigan’s level than Harbaugh/whoever to get to Ohio State’s level. Michigan is “michigan” not “MICHIGAN.” If I’m a recruit I could go East Coast, West Coast, SEC, Big 12 before I’d consider heading up north.

While I have no love for Harbaugh (or Michigan), this isn't as much of a blunder as it appears at first glance. As others have said, there's not really anyone else out there at the moment who could step in and really do any better. Might as well stick with Harbaugh mediocrity rather than starting completely over with some new guy.

Besides, it's likely that all this ends up being a moot point if/when Harbaugh decides to return to the NFL, either this season or next. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

While I have no love for Harbaugh (or Michigan), this isn't as much of a blunder as it appears at first glance. As others have said, there's not really anyone else out there at the moment who could step in and really do any better. Might as well stick with Harbaugh mediocrity rather than starting completely over with some new guy.

Besides, it's likely that all this ends up being a moot point if/when Harbaugh decides to return to the NFL, either this season or next. 

And Harbaugh isn’t even really mediocre. 

They have been consistent. They beat the teams they are better than and they lose to the teams that are more talented than them. 

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Woody Hayes and Bo Schemblechers’ love child? It would be easier for Ohio State to fall back to Michigan’s level than Harbaugh/whoever to get to Ohio State’s level. Michigan is “michigan” not “MICHIGAN.” If I’m a recruit I could go East Coast, West Coast, SEC, Big 12 before I’d consider heading up north.

For whatever reason, Ohio state has been the only northern school that has been able to recruit on a level with BAMA and Clemson. There aren’t enough of the top recruits in the upper Midwest to allow Michigan to beat those other three without going nationwide. When they’ve gone after elite players against the big three, they’ve come up short (Najee Harris being a prime example.) The best players, by and large, are in California, Texas and the Deep South. Due to geography, Michigan is going to have to outrecruit a lot of people to get better than 9-10 wins a year. 

• Like 2