Highland Park QB

85lobooldschool

I don’t know if this has been posted but Highland Park’s QB broke his jaw and chipped 4 teeth in the first half of last week’s game against Denton Ryan. One of his linemen stated he saw him spit out his teeth after a run and never miss a down.  A lot of people talk about the Scot players being rich pampered kids.  That right there goes down with the Jack Lambert type players.   Wow!!! Much respect to that young man.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

I don’t know if this has been posted but Highland Park’s QB broke his jaw and chipped 4 teeth in the first half of last week’s game against Denton Ryan. One of his linemen stated he saw him spit out his teeth after a run and never miss a down.  A lot of people talk about the Scot players being rich pampered kids.  That right there goes down with the Jack Lambert type players.   Wow!!! Much respect to that young man.  

+100 Tough as nails

On 1/9/2021 at 9:40 AM, 85lobooldschool said:

A lot of people talk about the Scot players being rich pampered kids.

I think that perception has some claim to it. They're definitely privileged, that comes with the territory of living in University Park. 

But those kids work for everything that comes their way on the football field. We saw that this season. They're a great program, and the tradition wasn't just handed to them. They forged it and created their own legacy.

Playing them this year and next will do nothing but help our boys I feel. Loved being in a district with them.