The Dodge Bowl

Matt

Ball fumbled by the Carroll QB......Westlake recovers.Ā  Ā Same theme the entire 2nd half.......Westlake's D just dominated in the backfield of SLC and put so much pressure on Ewers he just had no time to find receivers.Ā  And lots of times the receivers were covered anyway.

11 hours ago, regaleagle said:

That big bodied #9 wideout for Westlake is as big as Argyle's TE Jasper Lott that had umpteen D1 offers all over the map, but decided to stay home and play at TCU.Ā Ā 

Jaden Greathouse.Ā 

Only a sophomore. Rated the #2 WR in TX for the 2023 class behind Longview's Jalen Hale. If he ends up a TE prospect, he's rated the #1 TE prospect for the 2023 class.

Westlake actually has two long term FBS sophomore WRs. Longview too for that matter.

I was amazed at how many underclassmen started on these teams. I've always been at 3A and smaller schools where it was the norm but I always figured that at the largest classifications you would have very few freshmen or sophs starting. Both of these teams are young with both qb's coming back next year as well as many of the skilled kids. Looks like a rematch in the making for next year!!! I was really impressed with Klubniks speed and I think if Ewers had a little time (like he did early in the game) he could have kept pace with the scoring. I really think Ewers was a better pure passer, given time to throw, but Klubnik was the better all around qb last night. Gonna be fun to watch these young men develop!!