5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

4 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Carthage would not beat Aledo.

HA, you sure about that?!

Just because they have a 5 instead of a 4 classification it doesn’t make them untouchable.

Carthage is not a normal 4A team no matter how badly haters want to act like they are and I’m not just talking about the championships. Carthage has athletes galore, always has and always will. 

The linemen Carthage has on both sides of the ball are ridiculous. Ol’ boy from a few years ago who just committed to Arkansas (again) is 6’5” / 6’6”, 325-330. Standing next to Trent Williams from Longview and of Oklahoma and NFL Hall of Fame status Crawford makes him look small. Watching Duncanville play yesterday, they are the only team I’ve seen recently who make me think they are tangibly larger than Carthage up front, that’s just the truth.
People may not want to believe that, but Carthage has for quite a few years consistently averaged over 300 pounds across the OL and had a great mix of size and speed on the DL. 

The Carthage defense this year would handle the Aledo offense just fine. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, VonG said:

Aledo will be the 1st high school in Texas to win 10 state championships.

Very awesome, great program and collection of players over many years who’ve done it under multiple coaches. A culture of high expectations and winning, congratulations go to AHS and their community. 
Excited to see how Crosby handles the big stage facing a fantastic program in Aledo!

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I have respect your posts like with 68 , 91, and 77 posters but calling out Aledo is kinda of pointless and ridiculous. Carthage wouldn’t get dominated or anything but actually winning come on...

Thank you, but no no no, I am definitely not calling them out. In fact, my very next post in this thread showed great respect for Aledo and that’s exactly how I feel. I think they’re great!

CHS could win that game. If they played every year there is zero chance, no way I’d predict we’d beat them every time.

Example:

If they were to play this year I’d pick Carthage. If they played in 2015 and 2018 I’d pick Aledo. 

Go Dawgs!

P.S.

I do genuinely appreciate your comment about respecting my posts and I am not calling out Aledo as I have a very healthy appreciation for their history and accomplishments.

• Like 3

I’m all in on the great things Carthage has done under Coach Surratt, but I’m also realistic.  Carthage is GREAT and deserves all the credit in the world for what they have accomplished.   BUT I don’t think they can beat Aledo year in year out.  Aledo will “outdepth” them for sure.   I think in the last 10 years if they would have played, Carthage MAY have beat them 2 times.   Don’t know what years but I will give them 2 out of 10.   

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

I’m all in on the great things Carthage has done under Coach Surratt, but I’m also realistic.  Carthage is GREAT and deserves all the credit in the world for what they have accomplished.   BUT I don’t think they can beat Aledo year in year out.  Aledo will “outdepth” them for sure.   I think in the last 10 years if they would have played, Carthage MAY have beat them 2 times.   Don’t know what years but I will give them 2 out of 10.   

We appreciate the compliments for our Dawgs!

Let me ask you this; when you were 18 how tired did you get when running a 100 yard sprint all out? How many times could you do that and still be effective on the field?

Carthage doesn’t have two way players and they do have depth.

They only allow 11 players on the field at a time and if a team doesn’t have to play guys on both sides of the ball all that depth stuff is really pretty much a mute point.

They’re super young dudes and have way lots of stamina to burn, I know I did so just quit with all that depth junk. You know it doesn’t really hold water.

I didn’t lose my stamina until a few years ago at about 38. There is no way boys at 17 or 18 can’t play all night, I know I did many years beyond 18.

Why are all the UT fans mad at how often RoJo is in at RB instead of Bijan? Don’t those Longhorn fans know they need to utilize their depth??

Gosh, why not use all those RB’s? 

Ahhh, because the starter is several notches better than the backup.

But, but all that depth makes you better...... Pfffttttttt

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I don't think he said the Dawgs would or could win year in and year out.  Just some years,  like 2020 and a few others,  they could win.  Aledo is still top Dog right now,  even over my Dawgs.  They're great.  Period.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Why are all the UT fans mad at how often RoJo is in at RB instead of Bijan? Don’t those Longhorn fans know they need to utilize their depth??

Gosh, why not use all those RB’s? 

Ahhh, because the starter is several notches better than the backup.

But, but all that depth makes you better...... Pfffttttttt

You are fired up tonight!

3 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I don't think he said the Dawgs would or could win year in and year out.  Just some years,  like 2020 and a few others,  they could win.  Aledo is still top Dog right now,  even over my Dawgs.  They're great.  Period.

You are correct, I even gave examples of years I’d pick Aledo over Carthage and both those years we lost in the semifinals.

I just get tired of people not opening their eyes and believing what they are seeing. There’s still a mental block for a lot of people, because we’re 4A. 
Carthage has plenty of linemen with size anf plenty of those linemen to rotate as needed, but I argue that’s not needed as much as people want to act like it is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

You are fired up tonight!

I know it, I apologize, I just get tired of feeling like we’re always sold short because we’re 4A no matter how many titles we win or how many of our boys play in college.

Now, I need to correct myself on something.
I said Duncanville is the only team I watched who looked tangibly larger than Carthage on the lines.

I forgot to say so did Denton Ryan and obviously North Shore, but watching the SLC v Duncanville game SLC didn’t look any larger than our guys. And as SLC proved, size doesn’t always equal victory. 

• Like 1