5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You do that with Carthage heck cc thinks they can beat bama.

NO, God bless, just because I think these guys can’t beat Carthage THIS year doesn’t mean I think we can beat Bama or SLC, etc.
Look, just watch the game without any Carthage fatigue and you tell us would you rather have the Aledo/Crosby QB or Kai Horton. Would you rather have the Aledo defense or Carthage’s defense. It’s not that hard to come to the conclusion that Carthage would curbstomp both these teams.

I have said multiple times on this site CHS would not defeat Aledo every year. I am not some crazy, just watch the games and take the classification away from your mind and add in the fact we have SS. Now, do your analysis........ Not difficult to understand my “biased” opinion. 

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Doubting them against the Bulldogs 100%.

You said this "Is not the Aledo team of the old" or something like that...

The old Aledo teams smoked people with superior athletes in the state championship.  Sometimes they threw it a lot, other times they ran it down your throat.

Enter 2020-21, Aledo smoking people in the state championship with superior athletes.   Crosby has scored upwards of 35 ppg on the season.  They have 21.  Aledo is winning this game by running the ball.  Why are they running the ball?  They have a smart coach who is just doing what is working this game.

Carthage is a good team.  But you are projecting your bias for your team to something that you have no clue about the outcome.  You sound like someone who is not satisfied with dominating the classification that you are dealt.  

Are the Argyle people screaming that "We are better than Carthage!?"  "We can beat Aledo!"  Probably, but they look and sound like fools too.  Schedule them, play them.  If you don't shut up and enjoy your 8 trophies.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

You said this "Is not the Aledo team of the old" or something like that...

The old Aledo teams smoked people with superior athletes in the state championship.  Sometimes they threw it a lot, other times they ran it down your throat.

Enter 2020-21, Aledo smoking people in the state championship with superior athletes.   Crosby has scored upwards of 35 ppg on the season.  They have 21.  Aledo is winning this game by running the ball.  Why are they running the ball?  They have a smart coach who is just doing what is working this game.

Carthage is a good team.  But you are projecting your bias for your team to something that you have no clue about the outcome.  You sound like someone who is not satisfied with dominating the classification that you are dealt.  

Are the Argyle people screaming that "We are better than Carthage!?"  "We can beat Aledo!"  Probably, but they look and sound like fools too.  Schedule them, play them.  If you don't shut up and enjoy your 8 trophies.

😃

Well, we’re always told our 4A trophies don’t matter much, because it’s not 5A/6A so I’m just making the case the Bulldogs CAN beat both these teams.

Of course Aledo is extremely well coached, and that is admired. 
Crosby was not ready for this stage and their QB is not a QB so they never stood a chance.

I am thrilled with our 8 trophies and since people (DCTF & others) who follow Texas high school football have been questioning could Carthage compete up a classification I want to be here to say yes we can {when we can}!!

• Like 1

😃

Well, we’re always told our 4A trophies don’t matter much, because it’s not 5A/6A so I’m just making the case the Bulldogs CAN beat both these teams.

Of course Aledo is extremely well coached, and that is admired. 
Crosby was not ready for this stage and their QB is not a QB so they never stood a chance.

I am thrilled with our 8 trophies and since people (DCTF & others) who follow Texas high school football have been questioning could Carthage compete up a classification I want to be here to say yes we can {when we can}!!

Compete, absolutely, especially the way they dominated this year.  But I remember reading that Carthage WOULD beat these teams.  That is projecting something we don't know.  I do think 2020 Carthage could beat 2020 Aledo, but Aledo's OL looked dominant and their LBs played lights out after the first 2 scores.  

Crosby is an easy team for someone like Aledo to beat.  Stop #1, stop #2 you win.  But taking away from Aledo's accomplishments from doing that is not right...

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Compete, absolutely, especially the way they dominated this year.  But I remember reading that Carthage WOULD beat these teams.  That is projecting something we don't know.  I do think 2020 Carthage could beat 2020 Aledo, but Aledo's OL looked dominant and their LBs played lights out after the first 2 scores.  

Crosby is an easy team for someone like Aledo to beat.  Stop #1, stop #2 you win.  But taking away from Aledo's accomplishments from doing that is not right...

Now we’re actually conversing, I am not trying to take anything away from Aledo and tip my cap to them, they have ten (10) state championships!!! I have nothing but respect and admiration for Aledo as a fan.

Like you said, look at this years teams and come to a conclusion. There is nothing wrong with predicting who’s defeat whom as analysts do it every football weekend in the fall. It’s fun to think about and Carthage did have Crosby scheduled for the beginning of this season, but it was canceled due to COVID.

I fully understand the desire from most people on here for the Carthage train to slow down some, but just because I predict we can win against whoever and people don’t want to hear it doesn’t mean my prediction is inaccurate.

One day our success will slow down and we are soaking it all in while it lasts that all.

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’m a Carthage hater but you have that ‘art thou’ attitude? Gotcha. 

Man, no, you watch that game today? Would you rather be rooting for Carthage with Surratt on the sideline or either of those teams?

Just calling it how I see it.

If I think we’d lose to someone I’ll say it.

I think Aledo would’ve beaten us in 2014, 2015 & 2018, but not today had the Dawgs been at AT&T.

Man, no, you watch that game today? Would you rather be rooting for Carthage with Surratt on the sideline or either of those teams?

Just calling it how I see it.

If I think we’d lose to someone I’ll say it.

I think Aledo would’ve beaten us in 2014, 2015 & 2018, but not today had the Dawgs been at AT&T.

Until my nephew graduates from Aledo I will root for them. 

Also what you think isn’t anymore true than what anyone else thinks. 

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Exactly what my argument has been this entire time.  Saying either of these great teams would beat the other is foolish and ignorant.

How is that ignorant and foolish when people say that every day about teams playing each other. My team can beat your team. No, my team will beat your team. That's a normal conversation. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Exactly what my argument has been this entire time.  Saying either of these great teams would beat the other is foolish and ignorant.

Mav, I don’t know if it’s foolish and ignorant as it’s done all the time and people have made (and admittedly) lost fortunes betting on games.

Y'all do this every year....

Aledo would smoke Carthage.

Carthage is a great 4A program with one of the top coaches in TX and plenty of bling to go with it. What's wrong with accepting that?

Why must we all go through the extremes of "Carthage would beat *insert good/great 5A/6A team* by so and so" every single year?

I wonder if FCS or D2 champs in college every year think they can beat the Ohio State's and Clemson's of the world.

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Carthage is a great 4A program with one of the top coaches in TX and plenty of bling to go with it. What's wrong with accepting that?

Why must we all go through the extremes of "Carthage would beat *insert good/great 5A/6A team* by so and so" every single year?

I wonder if FCS or D2 champs in college every year think they can beat the Ohio State's and Clemson's of the world.

Why do big school fans hate it so much? You’re totally uncomfortable with it from the get go, because you don’t want your team to ever ha e to play them; zero upside for y’all so you hate the conversation from the jump. 

Just now, ANTI said:

I don't know about them smoking Carthage this year. Could Aldeo win? Of course, but smoking them. Nope. I don't see it.