5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

Just now, VonG said:

I don't know about them smoking Carthage this year. Could Aldeo win? Of course, but smoking them. Nope. I don't see it.

Aledo by 28+ is a smoking.

I know for a fact Cedar Hill would smoke Carthage and Aledo played them tough.

I'd take Ennis over Carthage and Ennis didnt even make it to the title game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

How is that ignorant and foolish when people say that every day about teams playing each other. My team can beat your team. No, my team will beat your team. That's a normal conversation. 

lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

That's the definition.  Carthage folks only have knowledge of one side of this issue.  Lion has no knowledge of anything.  That is ignorance.  Or at least half-ignorant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Why do big school fans hate it so much? You’re totally uncomfortable with it from the get go, because you don’t want your team to ever ha e to play them; zero upside for y’all so you hate the conversation from the jump. 

I would love to see Carthage and Aledo play Duncanville every year... that would be great entertainment... until its not.

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Aledo by 28+ is a smoking.

I know for a fact Cedar Hill would smoke Carthage and Aledo played them tough.

I'd take Ennis over Carthage and Ennis didnt even make it to the title game.

You didn't name a score. You just said smoke. They probably could smoke them. I just don't see it that way against this year's Carthage team.

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Y'all do this every year....

Aledo would smoke Carthage.

Carthage is a great 4A program with one of the top coaches in TX and plenty of bling to go with it. What's wrong with accepting that?

Why must we all go through the extremes of "Carthage would beat *insert good/great 5A/6A team* by so and so" every single year?

I wonder if FCS or D2 champs in college every year think they can beat the Ohio State's and Clemson's of the world.

The Dawg D was way better than Aledo this year. 
who would win this year, my money would be on two things. 
The Dawg D and the Dawg O line. 

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Why do big school fans hate it so much? 

Bro....Carthage beating Aledo? Do you understand how asinine that sounds? But its typical rhetoric from the Carthage fan base. 

You're telling me that Carthage would've beaten every single team in 5AD2...and 90% (the pertentage of teams Aledo was better than) in 5AD1?

I don't see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

That's the definition.  Carthage folks only have knowledge of one side of this issue.  Lion has no knowledge of anything.  That is ignorance.  Or at least half-ignorant.

Mav, my SDC friend, I have knowledge of East Texas and DFW football as a whole. I am not as well versed on Houston area teams and play. I know great football when I see it. 
Since I am Carthage biased I am naturally more open to and open minded about small schools possibly being able to compete up classifications. 
The Bulldogs are an extremely rare breed and can adequately compete and win up several divisions.

Do I want Carthage competing in 5A-D1 every Friday night, no, but could they occasionally, yes?! 
I have never, never said CHS can consistently win big in 5A-D1 and have not said they’d have won state in 5A-D2 as often as they have in 4A, but to act like they can’t is extremely ignorant in my opinion.

Carthage has the athletes and the coaches to compete very well up a classification. 

That’s my OPINION and I’m sticking to it.

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Bro....Carthage beating Aledo? Do you understand how asinine that sounds? But its typical rhetoric from the Carthage fan base. 

You're telling me that Carthage would've beaten every single team in 5AD2...and 90% (the pertentage of teams Aledo was better than) in 5AD1?

I don't see it.

Are we sure Carthage would have beaten the 4AD1 champion?  I am not 100% confident that they would have.  They should start there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Why would anyone laugh at that? You guys think Aledo has better athletes on defense than Carthage you’re insane.

I'm more so laughing at the fact that you think Carthage has better athletes than Cedar Hill. 😂😂😂

Aledo looks awesome, but Crosby’s defense has never been their strong suit.   I’m much more impressed with Aledo’s defense.

I got donkey stomped on the other site saying I thought Carthage could, not would, beat Aledo, but I stand by that.   I do think it would be a heckuva game.

• Like 1

It was funny to me. Whether they would or not is a different conversation.

I got to thinking about something. Every team Carthage played this year they had the better athletes. Every team Aledo played they didn't always have the best players. It's not hard to have a great defense against less competition. That's why Aledo defense wasn't so great compared to Carthage. Aldeo actually played some teams with athletes just as good as their's. 

• Like 2