5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

54 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Nah, you're way behind.

Too much of a casual to fully understand the game and landscape of TXHSFB.

Afterall....anybody that says John King, a coach that made the UIL top 100 list all time, shouldn't have a job... Definitely has no clue what they're talking about.

I didn’t say he didn’t need a job, just that he didn’t need the Longview job. Keep up, you’re thinking I said something else.  Quit letting your emotions and feelings lead you

• LOL! 1

Here's a legitimate example:  Liberty Hill moved up to 5A-D2 and in their first year with a slot offense dang near made it to the title game.  Put that in your pipes and smoke it.  There are a handful of teams in 4A that can not only seriously compete in 5A, but can seriously have a shot at making it to the dance......end of story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, regaleagle said:

Here's a legitimate example:  Liberty Hill moved up to 5A-D2 and in their first year with a slot offense dang near made it to the title game.  Put that in your pipes and smoke it.  There are a handful of teams in 4A that can not only seriously compete in 5A, but can seriously have a shot at making it to the dance......end of story.

LH wasn’t in a good region. Plus they were playing inspirational ball for half the season. 

Just now, regaleagle said:

Sure......that was the ONLY reason.  Ha!!

I literally named two reasons and you come back with “only” reason comment. 

Good to see you back though. I know you was in your feelings last time around and disappeared. 

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yep.

I will say that there's a pretty good gap between 5AD2 and 5AD1.

I would agree with this statement as far as top teams in 5AD1......but perhaps not for the entire division as a whole.  Argyle has never lost to a 5A opponent in its history in football and has regularly beat 5A and 6A teams in basketball and baseball.......so saying that top teams in 4A that are perennials to be able to get to the dance in 5AD2 is not a reach......it's  very possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I would agree with this statement as far as top teams in 5AD1......but perhaps not for the entire division as a whole.  Argyle has never lost to a 5A opponent in its history in football and has regularly beat 5A and 6A teams in basketball and baseball.......so saying that top teams in 4A that are perennials to be able to get to the dance in 5AD2 is not a reach......it's  very possible.

Basketball and baseball do not have the same classification effects as football. There's a reason why football uil alignments are a lot different from the other sports.

Tatum is a top 5 basketball team in ETX right now regardless of class.

Who were all of these 5A and 6A teams that Argyle has beaten? Any of them have a pulse?

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Over the years and even this season there have been some very good ones.......Highland Park, Prosper, and many more.  I agree basketball and baseball are different than football, but not having split divisions makes those sports even more competitive without divisions.

Regaleagle 

you have a great high school football knowledge. You have watched great football played especially Argyle football. I don’t care what any body says. I believe The 2020 Dawgs or Argyle this year could of played and beat anyone in 5A DII. The Dawgs because of of a once in a life time defense at Carthage and a scoring machine in Argyle. 
I watched the 5A DII game on Fox. 
I believe it would have been a track meet with Argyle and Aledo. 
with the Dawgs, it would have been a low scoring game. 

• LOL! 1

Just to be totally blunt about it.......I have 50+ years under my belt of deep-seated interest in sports at all levels.......only counting since age 16.  That doesn't count my earlier years as an athlete and sportsaholic before age 16.  My Dad was a baseball coach in my youth and we won the championship each year for 8 straight years from the time I was 6 yrs old. So that's a lifetime.

35 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawg defensive starters gave up 66 points in 14 ball games. That is 4.4 points a game. 8 of the teams they played were ranked in the top ten. 
The Dawg D is not crazy talk. 
You will get to see 9 of them again next year. 

One reason you are given a hard time on Smoaky is a lot of the others do their research and watch a lot of football and know you stretch the truth and sometimes just don’t tell the truth.  
Carthage varsity was on the field “playing” 13 nights in the fall of 2020. 
Carthage varsity had 3 seniors in the fall of 2020 that started every game on defense.  11 minus 3 is 8. 

8 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

One reason you are given a hard time on Smoaky is a lot of the others do their research and watch a lot of football and know you stretch the truth and sometimes just don’t tell the truth.  
Carthage varsity was on the field “playing” 13 nights in the fall of 2020. 
Carthage varsity had 3 seniors in the fall of 2020 that started every game on defense.  11 minus 3 is 8. 

13 and 80 both played in every ball game on defense. 13 was hurt for 8 weeks. I guess you forgot that. 
13 started and 80 played a lot when starters came out for injury or rest. 
I count them as first teamers. 

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

He said “contender.”  Aledo could contend at any level as well almost any given year.  Longview has done it.  Your point?

Also...I think it was well known all year that Ryan would've been a top 10 team in 6A. But acting like its the norm to see a team like Ryan is crazy. 

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

You also forgot to add substance.

98% of the good teams in 5AD1 are in one region.

Happened to be Longview's region....its rare as hell to see that. 

I wish we were still 6A tbh.

Btw, I never said a lower class team cant beat a higher class team. Of course Carthage would've beaten North Mesquite this year....and?

I still dont think elite 1A-4A teams are beating elite 5A-6A teams. I stand firm by that.

Every now and then, you can get very good 5A teams that would be top 10 in 6A. Ryan is prime example this year. But prior to them, I hadnt seen it since probably LT in 2008-2009. 

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

You also forgot to add substance.

98% of the good teams in 5AD1 are in one region.

Happened to be Longview's region....its rare as hell to see that. 

I wish we were still 6A tbh.

Btw, I never said a lower class team cant beat a higher class team. Of course Carthage would've beaten North Mesquite this year....and?

I still dont think elite 1A-4A teams are beating elite 5A-6A teams. I stand firm by that.

Every now and then, you can get very good 5A teams that would be top 10 in 6A. Ryan is prime example this year. But prior to them, I hadnt seen it since probably LT in 2008-2009. 

Wasnt that 2008 or 2009 that king said his 4a lobos were gonna take smash mouth football to Lake Travis?  Didn’t lake Travis pull down Longview’s britches and spank their butts red?  I was at that game.  Garrett Gilbert looked like a cross between Joe Montana and Vince Young.  Longview couldn’t figure out squat.  I think it was 48-14. The Longview fans are more upset that the LT band used up most of the halftime than their lobos soiling the sheets.